House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Business Leaders Fear New Recession

No link, but that is Monday's headline. Such a shame that, I think, the Indie is read mainly by Public Sector workers.

What the hell are they talking about? You have to recover before you can have a "new recession" FFS!

This reminds me of a quote I saw on the BBC last week. It went roughly like this:

'The recession? We are almost out of it now. But the recovery, well that's going to be tough!'

Makes me want to kick the TV in. <_<

Guest spp
What the hell are they talking about? You have to recover before you can have a "new recession" FFS!

This reminds me of a quote I saw on the BBC last week. It went roughly like this:

'The recession? We are almost out of it now. But the recovery, well that's going to be tough!'

Makes me want to kick the TV in. <_<

+ 1

Edit: hands up...which one of you posted the comment??

:lol:

Edited by spp

A recession being 2 continuous quarters of contraction, we've already had the following Gordon Brown recessions:

Q208 & Q308 Gordon Brown recession A

Q308 & Q408 Gordon Brown recession B

Q408 & Q109 Gordon Brown recession C

Q109 & Q209 Gordon Brown recession D

I reckon we will have suffered Gordon Brown recession H before we kick the swine out.

No link, but that is Monday's headline. Such a shame that, I think, the Indie is read mainly by Public Sector workers.

Surely we've got to come out of the 1st recession before a 'new' recession can be feared :unsure:

Right now there isn't much indication that this recession is going to end soon.....

I have set up and old recession re-enactment group for fun and beers at the weekend if anyones interested.

A continuing drought in bank lending, evidenced in the latest figures from the Bank of England, and the threat that spiralling public borrowing will feed through to higher interest rates and inflation, are judged by international economists to be mortal dangers to a sustained recovery.

Can someone explain to me what international economists would define as 'recovery' .

As mortgage debt is at the heart of the crunch what would be better for the economy , bracketing off the debt from the past few years of irresponsible lending and getting the market moving at more affordable levels ( 40 - 50% off peak), or pumping billions into a hugely inflated market?

The BOE in April warned Darling Don't Try to Stop the Housing Crash, are they known to suffer from bipolar disorder?

Can someone explain to me what international economists would define as 'recovery' .

You go to the races with £1m cash. You lose £995k over the first 5 races. In the sixth race you bet the remaining cash with the exception of a lucky £1. You lose, but your rate of loss has decreased dramatically. You are stabilising. You put the lucky £1 on the favourite for the last race at evens and it wins you £1. You now have £2. You are recovering.

Hope that helps.

I have set up and old recession re-enactment group for fun and beers at the weekend if anyones interested.

What - do you mean you are going to re-open a mine so that we can picket it and then get beaten up by the fuzz before playing a 100 games of footie down the park... and then signing on to a community programme fixing old furniture to make up for losing our highly skilled engineering jobs?

What - do you mean you are going to re-open a mine so that we can picket it and then get beaten up by the fuzz before playing a 100 games of footie down the park... and then signing on to a community programme fixing old furniture to make up for losing our highly skilled engineering jobs?

There will be riot demonstration skills for the kiddies, with a short course of not telling plod your name and address.

Wives can enjoy such homecrafts as entering a property without damage and wiring up some leccy.

You go to the races with £1m cash. You lose £995k over the first 5 races. In the sixth race you bet the remaining cash with the exception of a lucky £1. You lose, but your rate of loss has decreased dramatically. You are stabilising. You put the lucky £1 on the favourite for the last race at evens and it wins you £1. You now have £2. You are recovering.

Hope that helps.

:lol::lol::lol:

Depressingly true, I suggest you write a research paper on this.

You forgot to add that your wealth has just doubled in the recovery.

Edited by interestrateripoff

Recession for real people means redundancy, lack of new jobs, cut backs at home, loss of homes, financial set backs etc etc. The last one was supposedly mild and this lasted for 5 years or more before real people felt even slightly confident about thier financial future. When reported by the media (who are by and large imune from these miseries) they are talking about a few dodgy stats and the 'feelings' of the bankers and big business who are upping the profits and bonuses on the back of the much reduced workforce. If this one in fact is much bigger than the 90's and 80's jobbie then expect 10 years of the afore mentioned crap.

:lol::lol::lol:

Depressingly true, I suggest you write a research paper on this.

You forgot to add that your wealth has just doubled in the recovery.

Yes, that's no recovery - that's a boom!