House Price Crash Forum
brassed off brit

How Bad Does It Have To Get?

I ask this because I have recently come to the conclusion that as a populous we are all going to be taxed to hell very soon.

There is an election coming up shortly, till then all will be coy about paying for the mess but no matter who gets in they will have to do drastic measures to shore up the finances, and it will start straight after the election.

We know labour will tax everything and the tories have already said as a country " we" will have to suck it up!

retirement to the under 50's will be a lot different to what they expect,

retirement to the under 40's will be a thing of the past.

When does it get to the point where working just is'nt worth it, I fear it is not much more than is already endured by most.

Is there a limit to how much we will take?

I ask this because I have recently come to the conclusion that as a populous we are all going to be taxed to hell very soon.

There is an election coming up shortly, till then all will be coy about paying for the mess but no matter who gets in they will have to do drastic measures to shore up the finances, and it will start straight after the election.

We know labour will tax everything and the tories have already said as a country " we" will have to suck it up!

When does it get to the point where working just is'nt worth it, I fear it is not much more than is already endured by most.

yes people are going to tax to death.

Guest Steve Cook

If work became economically non-viable to the extent that a large number of the populace elected to not bother working and live off benefits instead, then benefits would be cut until it was viable. Or, at least, until working was the least worst option.

There is no escaping the matrix before you hit the grave.

Edited by Steve Cook

If work became economically non-viable to the extent that a large number of the populace elected to not bother working and live off benefits instead, then benefits would be cut until it was viable. Or, at least, until working was the least worst option.

There is no escaping the matrix before you hit the grave.

This is my fear, we will be forced to pay off the mess one way or another......the bankers get off and we are doomed to a life of drudgery paying it off!

This is my fear, we will be forced to pay off the mess one way or another......the bankers get off and we are doomed to a life of drudgery paying it off!

we..!? cannot possibly pay it all back.

Our children and their children and their children will.

You go to work..get paid..told to spend ,spend, spend it is the right thing to do blah, blah, blah!

If everyone put into pensions they would raid it!

If everyone saved they would take it off us some how,

If everyone put it under the mattress, they would raid our houses call us drug dealers and take it off us,

If everyone bought the shiny stuff they would declare holding it illegal and confiscate it!

Seriously...I wonder what the point is sometimes!

Guest The Relaxation Suite
You go to work..get paid..told to spend ,spend, spend it is the right thing to do blah, blah, blah!

If everyone put into pensions they would raid it!

If everyone saved they would take it off us some how,

If everyone put it under the mattress, they would raid our houses call us drug dealers and take it off us,

If everyone bought the shiny stuff they would declare holding it illegal and confiscate it!

Seriously...I wonder what the point is sometimes!

It's because of these reasons that people put their money in land. And look what happened there.

That is just it though! this will happen again before this sh1te is paid off so who pays for that! when does it get to the point when it can't be paid off, the interest is more than we as a country earn!!!!!!!

The figures bandeed about now are astronomical and must be stretching what can be repaid.

Guest DisposableHeroes

We've got to keep working hard to keep the large sports contracts going, that people are aspiring to be like. Which are paid for by the products we buy, from there paying sponsors.

Everywhere I look. Pyramid schemes.

The Liar has cunningly introduced a bunch of corrupt but "worthy" measures like "child poverty" that'll shoot up if you reduce benefits to the point where it pays to work on a low to middle income, at least for anyone responsible for their own housing costs.

porca misèria's principle of tax and benefits: the rate at which you lose benefits as your income grows should never exceed the standard rate of income tax. Excluding the employment-tax component, that's now 32% including "national insurance".

Drawback: As a zero-sum game, it's hugely expensive, even if you slash the no-work-at-all level of benefits for those capable of work.

Advantage: It's not a zero-sum game. By making work actually pay, you increase economic activity on the margins.

That is just it though! this will happen again before this sh1te is paid off so who pays for that! when does it get to the point when it can't be paid off, the interest is more than we as a country earn!!!!!!!

The figures bandeed about now are astronomical and must be stretching what can be repaid.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?ID=277

The UK recorded a government deficit of £78.0 billion in the calendar year 2008, equivalent to 5.4 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

At the end of December 2008, general government debt was £750.3 billion, equivalent to 52.0 per cent of GDP.

Think of it like you earn £10,000 per year, you owe £5,200 interest say at 5% = only £260. Peanuts!

Mind you 5% of £750.3 billion? :blink:

.. the point where it pays to work on a low to middle income, at least for anyone responsible for their own housing costs.

People on low to middle incomes are not responsible for their own housing costs. That's why we are in this mess.

Guest spp

So does that make everything ok?

There are 2 options out there right now -

1. End this fraudulent credit monetary system...writing off the derivatives etc.

or

2. With all this insane printing going on trying to prop up a phony economy we get hyper-inflation.

Crikey :o
So a quarter of GDP goes on interest alone...not paying of the capital?

Is this right?

If we went back to 2007 madness we would still be 35 billion down in interest or %50 of our previous deficit. It's not the amount we owe that's the problem, it's the spending we are doing now. If you earn £10,000 and are spending £15,000 every year...... well?

If it can't be repaid, it will default.

Even if it can be repaid in theory, it will default if attempts to repay cause sufficient hardship.

People on low to middle incomes are not responsible for their own housing costs. That's why we are in this mess.

Erm, many are. They're the ones who are really struggling.

I'm just glad it's no longer me, as my income is now a lot higher.

If we went back to 2007 madness we would still be 35 billion down in interest or %50 of our previous deficit. It's not the amount we owe that's the problem, it's the spending we are doing now. If you earn £10,000 and are spending £15,000 every year...... well?

I'm not gonna even ask how we get out of this.......Injun is right.