House Price Crash Forum
dubsie

Back From My Hols And Oh What A Mess

I'm back again from France after three weeks of glorious sunshine and good food. There was a distinct lack of GB number plates in France this year, probably something to do with the £1.40 a litre price for petrol on the peage and the appalling exchange rates.

While reading our news papers you would probably think that Germany and France have it worse than us Brits....those living their seem almost oblivious to the recession. They don't have huge mortgages to worry about and even their brand new motors are nearly always paid for in cash.

To a Brit every thing in Europe would appear to be more expensive...eating, driving, houses etc etc......but in reality French wages now well exceed British for the same job. So £2.50 for 250ml of beer is considered cheap....here that is london prices...for a Brit.

Experts are now saying there are no signs of green shoots and recovery is up to 5 years away.

I friend I hooked with over in Paris works for the FIA and he is predicting huge rises in UK petrol and diesel prices next year...might even exceed £2.00 a litre for diesel. How will this affect economic recover....even if there really are signs of green shoots.

Seriously the UK will be in dire trouble next year....we are heading for economic disaster.....This recession has only got started. Expect massive job losses before Christmas and I still think property is heading for a 30 year low.

Edited by dubsie

Guest absolutezero
I'm back again from France after three weeks of glorious sunshine and good food. There was a distinct lack of GB number plates in France this year, probably something to do with the £1.40 a litre price for petrol on the peage and the appalling exchange rates.

While reading our news papers you would probably think that Germany and France have it worse than us Brits....those living their seem almost oblivious to the recession. They don't have huge mortgages to worry about and even their brand new motors are nearly always paid for in cash.

To a Brit every thing in Europe would appear to be more expensive...eating, driving, houses etc etc......but in reality French wages now well exceed British for the same job. So £2.50 for 250ml of beer is considered cheap....here that is london prices...for a Brit.

Experts are now saying there are no signs of green shoots and recovery is up to 5 years away.

I friend I hooked with over in Paris works for the FIA and he is predicting huge rises in UK petrol and diesel prices next year...might even exceed £2.00 a litre for diesel. How will this affect economic recover....even if there really are signs of green shoots.

Seriously the UK will be in dire trouble next year....we are heading for economic disaster.....This recession has only got started. Expect massive job losses before Christmas and I still think property is heading for a 30 year low.

Very interesting.

Thanks, Dubsie.

you won't have to wait 'till next year for economic disaster.

So when will it be? What will be the cause and effect? Do you expect the government would be able to raise the capital to see it through to the next election?

Sounds exciting. It will be good to see the roads quieter, and all those fooled into believing global warming having to spend their money in line with their opinions.

pointless ancedoctal, means nothing. Europe is more screwed than the UK.

That's you told dubsie. Get back in your box and take your pointless anecdotes with you. We rely on what the Newspapers tell us on here.

That's you told dubsie. Get back in your box and take your pointless anecdotes with you. We rely on what the Newspapers tell us on here.

The only thing keeping me going was beliving that the Krauts and the Frogs were having it harder. Now what?

Guest happy?
I'm back again from France after three weeks of glorious sunshine and good food. There was a distinct lack of GB number plates in France this year, probably something to do with the £1.40 a litre price for petrol on the peage and the appalling exchange rates....

I think a lot of the roads may have been quieter because they were closed for a cycle race.

Guest spp

+1

The next 4 months are looking very fragile IMO!

Sounds exciting. It will be good to see the roads quieter, and all those fooled into believing global warming having to spend their money in line with their opinions.

I believe in Global Warming. Sod doing anything about it though.

I have to agree with you. The anecdotal below is much more relevant and meaningful.

Restaurants - What Recession

My girlfriend and I couldn't be bothered cooking this week so we decided to eat out every night apart from Friday (driving home to glasgow). Basically had to phone around to find a restaurant with a reservation every night and they are all packed out with people.

Edited by RajD

Guest The Relaxation Suite

I would tend to agree with you. When the wheels came off back in 2007, many people started to talk about the bottom in late 2010 and I have always agreed with that. I see no reason to change my mind at the moment. We have another 18 months of house price drops to come for one thing because they are still so overvalued, but we will have food and fuel rises at the same time. Nice.

Brilliant find, Raj! :lol:

;) People that live in glass houses... etc.

Edited by RajD