House Price Crash Forum

Daily Mail Madness - Headline Htits Wrong Target

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...us-beliefs.html

This headline in the mail really does get my goat.

Whilst I am not the PC type, i am anti racist and it must be clear to anyone but the most ignorant BNP types that this article has precious little to do with Muslims and everything to do with the stupidity of Council Officials.

Perhaps some Council officials who happened to be Muslim raised the issue, but given that the Muslim Council of Britain and all other Muslin Scholars don't see an issue, the only conclusion I can come to is it shows how little real work Council Officials actually do. As a result they spend all day trying to think up things that can be issues that they can then spend ages debating and demonstrating their PC credentials.

I can imagine it. See below as the tale of Council tribulations unfolds.

(Ahmed to Ishmail) "Do you think these Alcohol Gels against swine flu could count as consuming alcohol. After all you rub them into your skin"

(Ishmail to Ahmed) "Good point, I hadn't thought about that. Let's ask our supervisor."

(Ahmed to Janet) "Hey Boss, what do you think - could using these alcohol based gels against swine flu count as consuming alcohol. Both myself and Ishamil are Obviously Muslin, but we only just thought about this and it might be an issue for muslims in general"

(Janet to Ashmed and Ishmail) "Guys, good point, obviously we want to do everything we can to support the diversity of our district, so let me raise this with my boss."

(Janet to Rajif) "Hey Boss, Ahmen and Ishmail have raised a point about these anti swine flu hand gels, they wonder if the might be counted as consuming alcohol for muslims. I told them I didn't know, so I thought I'd ask you."

(Rajif to Janet) "Sorry Janet I'll also have to draw a blank on that. Perhaps I can ask Marlon our Head of Service what he thinks."

(Rajif to Marlon) "Marlon, I spoke with Janet today and she told me that Ahmed and Ishmail had raised some concerns about using the alcohol based Gels against swine flu because of their religious beliefs."

(Marlon to Rajif) "Raif thanks for your input on this, its not something this authority had thought of. I will raise this with the Service Director and perhaps we need to get some evidence togethet so that we can write a report. I'll also let the chief executive know, as we'll need his support to tackle this issue, which is clearly very important to our community."

(Rajif responds to Marlon) "Boss, thanks for your support, I am sure the team will be greatly appreciative of your concerns."

(Marlon to Fatima) "Fatima, we need to get a report together for the Chief Executive. I spoke with Raj, and he reported that there were some concerns about these alcohol based gels from some of our staff as there are some religious sensitivities around the use of alcohol. Would you support me asking Sandra to produce a report on this for the Chief Executive and the Councillors, so that we can discuss this issue and take a formal decision."

(Fatima to Marlon) "Yes, certainly Marlon, with a decision of this importance for community cohesion, we need to make sure we are in possession of all the facts and make sure that we have cosulted as widely as possible. What I would suggested is that you perhaps you have your team pull together a citizen's focus group from the local community to see what our Islamic residents actually think of this issue and it would also be worth contacting some of community leaders."

(Marlon tp Fatima) "Thanks for your support, I reckon we'll need a team of 6 to tackle this challenging issue and organise all the consultation meetings. I'll use four from my team, but perhaps I can hire in a couple of the diversity consultants we used last year. That way we can ensure that we get a truly objective report."

(Fatima to Marlon) "Yes , you have my support to do that."

12 weeks later after 6 meetings.

(Marlon to Fatima) "Well we have got the results back from the survey, and it does seem there is some concern, though overall most of our muslim residents don't seem to think its a problem."

(Fatima to Marlon) "And did you make sure that you had got the questionnaire to all the hard to reach groups?"

(Marlon to Fatima) "Well we did get the questionnaire translated into 13 different dialects, so I think we had it covered"

(Fatima to Marlon) "Good. So whilst there isn't a great level of concern, it does seem there are a few residents who have expressed worries and so on that basis and because of the need to respect the individual and minorities, I suggest that we do at least look at going forward with an option for non alcohol based gel. Can you write the full report up, and get one of the health and safety team to look at alternatives to the alcohol based gels and include this option in the report?"

(Marlon to Fatima) " Certainly Boss. I'll have it ready for the cheif exec within the 4 weeks and then we can take it to the Councillors a week later."

(Fatima to Marlon) "Great , it looks like we are nearly there on this one then."

{6 weeks later, 52 councillors meet to discuss the issue in a debate that takes 2 hours and which requires a Council Clerk, 4 directors, 1 chief executive, a representative from the health and safety team , Marlon the report drafter and a community cohesion officer to be present.}

And this is how our councils work and why they are some completely useless.

HOLA442

Whites, blacks, browns, yellows whatever - go into any hospital in the country and you'll notice that hardly anyone uses alcohol gel at all. I've only ever seen it happen once.

Lax hospital standards in the UK. No wonder MRSA is everywhere.

HOLA443
Whites, blacks, browns, yellows whatever - go into any hospital in the country and you'll notice that hardly anyone uses alcohol gel at all. I've only ever seen it happen once.

I use it whenever I can because I love the smell of it

HOLA444

Well actually this story has been running for a few years now, it was same with MRSA - hospitals trying to get the highest levels of cleanliness and Muslims refusing on "religious" grounds. I'm sorry, but however you cut it, however much anti-Mail, anti-BNP ranting you do, your attempt create a smokescreen that excuses Muslims from their superstitious behaviour that puts us all at risk doesn't work. Are you saying its not true? How come its been reported by UK National Patient Safety Agency and reported in The Lancet then?

from the Sun in 2006...

NHS care assistant Theresa Poupa, 46, became aware of the situation while visiting a sick cousin at the London Chest Hospital in Bethnal Green.

She said: “I could not believe it - the signs are large enough and clear enough but they just took no notice and walked straight onto the ward.

“I was there almost every day for three weeks and I saw it repeated dozens and dozens of times. When I raised the matter with the nursing staff they just shrugged and said that Muslims were refusing to use the gel because it contained alcohol.

As this article points out, they seem happy to use alcohol etc in their Islamic homelands..

http://www.islam-watch.org/Mac/Islam_Super...alth_issues.htm

are they simply trying to be as unhelpful as possible in the lands they are hoping to colonize and eventually conquer?

HOLA445
Guest absolutezero
I use it whenever I can because I love the smell of it

I find the taste is better than the smell....

HOLA446

When my youngest was born he had to spend time in neo-natel ICU. There was a big fuk off sign asking visitors to use the wash before entering.

I challanged a group entering on one occasion because they didn't use the wash. They then used it thankfully.

As someone else says, most people don't bother regardless of the circumstances. If a ward full of prem and sick babies won't get you to use it what hope is there.

HOLA447

It's boll ocks. There are "alcohols" ie: chemicals with an -OH functional group on them in many things in life, but they're not a big deal are they? Sensitivity for sensitivity's sake.

"My 'uman rights have been ignored. Gimme compo. We're special and you have to submit to our requests. Blah."

HOLA448

What a backward religion that has NO place in the UK. As usual the dogooders on the councils etc are bending over to make Mulsims happy and putting British people last.

When my wife was pregnant with our first child the hospital (Watford) would not tell us the sex of the baby as it was against policy due to "certain groups" aborting all babies that were girls so we had to pay for a private test.

Also in Watford public swimming pools there are now certin days when only Muslims can use the baths!

And some people still have their heads in the sand and say Islam isn't taking over...........................

HOLA449
HOLA4410
What a backward religion that has NO place in the UK. As usual the dogooders on the councils etc are bending over to make Mulsims happy and putting British people last.

When my wife was pregnant with our first child the hospital (Watford) would not tell us the sex of the baby as it was against policy due to "certain groups" aborting all babies that were girls so we had to pay for a private test.

Also in Watford public swimming pools there are now certin days when only Muslims can use the baths!

And some people still have their heads in the sand and say Islam isn't taking over...........................

I live in an area where there's a very high % of muslims, and I haven't noticed islam taking over. Mind you my hijab does make it difficult for me to see sometimes!

I agree with the OP, I think that it is probably a case of TPTB seeing 'offence' where none exists. I've not noticed any muslim parents at my kids school objecting to the hand-gelling rituals that have started since the swine flu outbreak. And I haven't noticed any islamic science teachers objecting to using ethanol in practical sessions.

It's just more Mail anti-islam disinformation.

HOLA4411
I live in an area where there's a very high % of muslims, and I haven't noticed islam taking over. Mind you my hijab does make it difficult for me to see sometimes!

I agree with the OP, I think that it is probably a case of TPTB seeing 'offence' where none exists. I've not noticed any muslim parents at my kids school objecting to the hand-gelling rituals that have started since the swine flu outbreak. And I haven't noticed any islamic science teachers objecting to using ethanol in practical sessions.

It's just more Mail anti-islam disinformation.

Well if its the TPTB seeing "offence" only then why don't the Muslim council of Britain or similar come out and say that? Why don't they issue a statement saying we have no problem with the hand cleaner?

Out of interest do you think the two instances I gave in Watford are reasonable?

HOLA4412
Well if its the TPTB seeing "offence" only then why don't the Muslim council of Britain or similar come out and say that? Why don't they issue a statement saying we have no problem with the hand cleaner?

Out of interest do you think the two instances I gave in Watford are reasonable?

Sh@gging camels is still ok then? Muslim's in general are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Your first example could apply to many religions - did the sonographer specifically say that it was because of those pesky islamists?

As for the old swimming bath thing - my local baths have OAP only sessions, wimmin only sessions .... should we not bend over backwards to those groups?!

Or do you just object to anything involving darkies?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Your first example could apply to many religions - did the sonographer specifically say that it was because of those pesky islamists?

As for the old swimming bath thing - my local baths have OAP only sessions, wimmin only sessions .... should we not bend over backwards to those groups?!

Or do you just object to anything involving darkies?

Answer one: Yes one religion was mentioned.

Answer two: OAP and women only sessions are not based on a specific religion. Any color or religion can go to an OAP session.

As for your third point. Grow the f**k up...........what I object to is one religion being pandered too above everything/everyone else.

HOLA4418
Guest DisposableHeroes

Can't wait for the day when stupid religious doctrines (which ever religion). Are cast to history.

No contraception, women's rights, manipulated house prices...

HOLA4419
Well actually this story has been running for a few years now, it was same with MRSA - hospitals trying to get the highest levels of cleanliness and Muslims refusing on "religious" grounds. I'm sorry, but however you cut it, however much anti-Mail, anti-BNP ranting you do, your attempt create a smokescreen that excuses Muslims from their superstitious behaviour that puts us all at risk doesn't work. Are you saying its not true? How come its been reported by UK National Patient Safety Agency and reported in The Lancet then?

from the Sun in 2006...

As this article points out, they seem happy to use alcohol etc in their Islamic homelands..

http://www.islam-watch.org/Mac/Islam_Super...alth_issues.htm

are they simply trying to be as unhelpful as possible in the lands they are hoping to colonize and eventually conquer?

Well if it is true they should be sacked. It would be quite fair to do so on the basisi that they could not / would not fulfill their contracted duties. They could use non alcohol types though and avoid the whole issue.

The non alcohol ones are more expensive and do not smell as nice.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Mail prints lies.

Racists get angry and talk sh1t

Nothing new to see here.

If you want Britain to look like Baghdad, then by all means brand people who are against the most oppressive religion on earth as racists.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
When my youngest was born he had to spend time in neo-natel ICU. There was a big fuk off sign asking visitors to use the wash before entering.

personally I don't see what the problem is.

they should try the ritual for entering a clean room.A bit of a hand -wash is child's play!!

to be honest if infection is that much of an issue,then maybe such procedures should be adopted!

HOLA4424

A side point perhaps, but the reason MRSA is everywhere is still mainly the overprescription of antibiotics. There have been warnings since the 1970's, however the UK NHS is very much run by doctors (to too daft in itseflf), which means that scientists ahave little influence and that it will be nurses and cleaners who get the blame.

Levels of infection (whicc can be directly linked to hygiene) are average compared with the rest of the EU. The amount of infectiosn that are MRSA (which can be linked to over-prescription of antibiotics) is as high as anywhere in Europe.

HOLA4425
A side point perhaps, but the reason MRSA is everywhere is still mainly the overprescription of antibiotics. There have been warnings since the 1970's, however the UK NHS is very much run by doctors (to too daft in itseflf), which means that scientists ahave little influence and that it will be nurses and cleaners who get the blame.

Levels of infection (whicc can be directly linked to hygiene) are average compared with the rest of the EU. The amount of infectiosn that are MRSA (which can be linked to over-prescription of antibiotics) is as high as anywhere in Europe.

And in the US where they hand out antibiotics like sweets because patients are customers and customers can have whatever they pay are willing to pay for, they have community-acquired MRSA outbreaks.

Archived