House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny Deflation

Why Are People With Debt Problems So Fat?

Why are people with debt problems so fat? You've only to watch a television programme about bailiffs or debt collectors, or watch an Ocean Finance ad, to see that "lifestyle debtors" often have as many chins as they have creditors.The obvious explanation is that the money they've borrowed has been spent in the chipshop, but there must be more to it than that.

Why are people with debt problems so fat? You've only to watch a television programme about bailiffs or debt collectors, or watch an Ocean Finance ad, to see that "lifestyle debtors" often have as many chins as they have creditors.The obvious explanation is that the money they've borrowed has been spent in the chipshop, but there must be more to it than that.

People who are in debt are generaly poor.

Levels of obesity are higher among the poor.

Unhealthier diets, more time vegged out in front of the TV.

Also poor people with large families are more likely to be in debt.. mummy will tend to get fatter the more kids she has.

i think its probably a complex social issue that affects the working classes and gives everyone else the chance to laugh at them

either that or they eat too many dairylea dunkers, am i right guys?? <high five>

The same desire for easy on-demand gratification that fuels over-consumption fuels over-eating.

Plus highly fattening food is usually the cheapest and easiest to prepare. As per the pizza thread.

Just to relinquish the moral high ground, I used to eat a pizza most days. It wasn't an XL one so I didn't think I was being greedy and it was a perfectly reasonable meal so I couldn't work out why I was steadily getting fatter. Then one day I read the calorie count and my jaw dropped. I have eaten pizzas since but about six a year rather than six a week.

Now this isn't completely true. I'm pretty sure most of us would recognise that young single mothers are really quite skinny, and I'd put them in the "Brighter House" bunch - their advert reflects that - with silly (skinny female) scared house sharers hiding behind cushions watching a scary movie - the movie might be scary, but there are no scary credit checks on our 52" plasma TV... and the young (skinny) mum loading the laundry into a brighter house washing machine - my finances might be in a mess, but my clothes are clean and white... Proof therefore that people with debt problems are actually skinny. ;)

Poor people always seem to smoke too; and spend half their benefit money on lottery tickets and scratch cards.

They are the only people who spend fifty quid on the lottery and scratch cards, and then get overjoyed two or three times a year when they win a tenner.