House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

2010.........& Beyond

2010 & beyond!

I thought it might interest to compare notes & ideas with my fellow HPC team members. 2010 & beyond¦..what will Britain look like?

Well, in a nutshell the 70's with Cell phones.

While I doubt the Space hopper & Chopper bikes will make a major return, middle class people attempting to pay off the MEGA debt run over the last 5-10 years will. The latter stages of Brown government will see a head long collapse together with an averchace of "QE" or PRINTING.

The £ will sink just as other currencies start to recover, Britain total lack of major engineering & manufacturing starts to tell on the already shameful balance of payments. British North sea oil production is tailing off sharply.

Brittan has no choice but a loan from the IMF, normally this would mean the IMF would rape Britain for all its worth, however¦..Brittan has little worth by now. Those with skills/Brains/Money bale out of Brittan smartly why pay labours excited spending glut where they simply couldn't spend OUR tax money fast enough on projects that helped THEIR friends & families.

Enough!

"DC" takes over, with weeks a knife is taken to public spending, large numbers ofscared cows are slighted on the alter of balancing the books. Some this plus large interest rates cut the fearsome inflation loosed by the last batch of "QE"

So, day to day life?

Well, Bling is DEAD, the days of street full of Merc/BMW/Audi & large 4x4 are history. Massive road fund taxes mean that they are now +£500 a year just to tax. It almost brings about the death of hordes of "Scoobys" & Evo's" these £5000 council estate supercars go quickly.

Their death is hastened some what by petrol passing £2.25 a litre, with food prices & mortgage rates rocketing & mass unemployment its simply the end. From here on in Performance cars will return to being 150 BHP Hot Hatches anything much more will cost, anything beyond 250 BHP will cost serious cash & you will need to fund this yourself & the days of fast cars on lease hire will also go.

Tax changes & write down rules mean the vast majority of cars will be "CO2 Friendly" eg they be below 100 CO2 thus no more than 100 BHP. They also (snigger) will have low friction tyres, with limited grip & deadly wet weather braking.

One of my best motoring memories is a Vauxhall Cavier rep trying to match my R5 GT Turbo though a high speed bend on my fav road. The Little R 5 had massive grip & it didn't even begin to understeer…..the REP threw this Cav into the Conner.into massive understeer & "kissed" a dry stone wall on the other side of the road removing his side mirror.

I can still see shocked look in his some what whitened (with fear) face.

Factor in Crashing home prices, lots of BTL bargains & the fact that no bank in its right mind will do BTL again, lack of crowds, Oh & yes lots of young Women becoming "available" at reasonable cost & I put it to you, not all bad by any means.

Mike

Edited by Mega

59 million dead from swine flu.

we, the remainder, who did NOT take tamiflu, are all very fit through all the digging.

theres still a housing shortage reported on the beeb.

Edited by Bloo Loo

M! If only I could see the same I'd feel better about those smug individuals having their Mercs/ Audis et al repossesed. However, I think what you will see, especially with Lord Snooty and pals in charge, is a massive increase in disparity between all classes. The rich will (and have throughout the recession) got richer, the middle classes in middle age in the public sector (the many millions of them) will enjoy reasonable pensions and incomes...opr reasonable redundancy packages, and the poor will be relieved of the tiny amount of state support there still is...including legal aid (what is left of it) and a good slice of the NHS. Remember free dentistry? Well our NHS non emergency surgery is going the same way. And beyond...unless there is some real unrest, in which case the police (on good pensions and pay) will be well equipped!

2010 & beyond!

I thought it might interest to compare notes & ideas with my fellow HPC team members. 2010 & beyond�..what will Britain look like?

Well, in a nutshell the 70's with Cell phones.

While I doubt the Space hopper & Chopper bikes will make a major return, middle class people attempting to pay off the MEGA debt run over the last 5-10 years will. The latter stages of Brown government will see a head long collapse together with an averchace of "QE" or PRINTING.

The � will sink just as other currencies start to recover, Britain total lack of major engineering & manufacturing starts to tell on the already shameful balance of payments. British North sea oil production is tailing off sharply.

Brittan has no choice but a loan from the IMF, normally this would mean the IMF would rape Britain for all its worth, however�..Brittan has little worth by now. Those with skills/Brains/Money bale out of Brittan smartly why pay labours excited spending glut where they simply couldn't spend OUR tax money fast enough on projects that helped THEIR friends & families.

Enough!

"DC" takes over, with weeks a knife is taken to public spending, large numbers ofscared cows are slighted on the alter of balancing the books. Some this plus large interest rates cut the fearsome inflation loosed by the last batch of "QE"

So, day to day life?

Well, Bling is DEAD, the days of street full of Merc/BMW/Audi & large 4x4 are history. Massive road fund taxes mean that they are now +�500 a year just to tax. It almost brings about the death of hordes of "Scoobys" & Evo's" these �5000 council estate supercars go quickly.

Their death is hastened some what by petrol passing �2.25 a litre, with food prices & mortgage rates rocketing & mass unemployment its simply the end. From here on in Performance cars will return to being 150 BHP Hot Hatches anything much more will cost, anything beyond 250 BHP will cost serious cash & you will need to fund this yourself & the days of fast cars on lease hire will also go.

Tax changes & write down rules mean the vast majority of cars will be "CO2 Friendly" eg they be below 100 CO2 thus no more than 100 BHP. They also (snigger) will have low friction tyres, with limited grip & deadly wet weather braking.

One of my best motoring memories is a Vauxhall Cavier rep trying to match my R5 GT Turbo though a high speed bend on my fav road. The Little R 5 had massive grip & it didn't even begin to understeer…..the REP threw this Cav into the Conner.into massive understeer & "kissed" a dry stone wall on the other side of the road removing his side mirror.

I can still see shocked look in his some what whitened (with fear) face.

Factor in Crashing home prices, lots of BTL bargains & the fact that no bank in its right mind will do BTL again, lack of crowds, Oh & yes lots of young Women becoming "available" at reasonable cost & I put it to you, not all bad by any means.

Mike

I worked my balls off dueing most of my life, its bad enough seeing a Drug dealer about town in a BMW or Merc or 4x4, but then to see scumbags whom "bussiness" was getting a bank to very foolishy loan them what turns out to be OUR money to swan about it is too much.

Personaly i can't wait, these Bast*rds have had "a taste of honey"...Fine, now they can sit on the side lines remembering it!

Mike

TBH Mega the best way through the next few years would be to get over your status anxiety.

I have no interest in what cars other people are driving and this has always worked for me.

I worked my balls off dueing most of my life

I handed mine over to my wife. She owns 'em now.

I handed mine over to my wife. She owns 'em now.

Yes, but the flipside to that coin is that you now have a pair of tits.

My prediction for 2010....

England won't win the World Cup. Although we will do that thing we always do where we say "Well, if San Marino beat Brazil by six goals and the Faroe Islands beat Germany 13-0 then we're still in with a chance"

Jupiter explodes, becomes a sun, we have access to new worlds (except Europa) humans evolve into a higher state of being, a "Star Child."

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

Jupiter explodes, becomes a sun, we have access to new worlds (except Europa) humans evolve into a higher state of being, a "Star Child."

So long as Helen Mirren becomes 25 years younger and starts talking permanently in that Russian accent, I'm all for it.

"I am officer in Russian airforce!" *bangs table*

...maybe its just me though :ph34r:

Edited by Cogs

And Helen Mirren retrains as a Russian astronaut!

[EDIT: Oops, Cogs got there first]

Edited by RentingForever

And Helen Mirren retrains as a Russian astronaut!

[EDIT: Oops, Cogs got there first]

I SAW HER FIRST!!!!

That is, Ilyena Vasilievna Mironov as she can go back to being called.

Edited by Cogs

So long as Helen Mirren becomes 25 years younger and starts talking permanently in that Russian accent, I'm all for it.

"I am officer in Russian airforce!" *bangs table*

...maybe its just me though :ph34r:

She is quite sexy in the role!

59 million dead from swine flu.

we, the remainder, who did NOT take tamiflu, are all very fit through all the digging.

theres still a housing shortage reported on the beeb.

:lol:

What by next year!. You need a blinding post for your 5000 th post, were you not counting.

I want to be a 'Star Child'.

What by next year!. You need a blinding post for your 5000 th post, were you not counting.

I want to be a 'Star Child'.

I think his 5000th post should contain a combination of the following words:

Anthea

Minge

Smegma

Turner

Camel

Camembert

Toe

Edit: Maybe I should use that for my 4000th post, in 3 posts time.

Edited by Jimothy

I think his 5000th post should contain a combination of the following words:

Anthea

Minge

Smegma

Turner

Camel

Camembert

Toe

Edit: Maybe I should use that for my 4000th post, in 3 posts time.

I saw this performed live in Prague once. I'm sure I did.

Well its nearly 2010. How close are we to Kubriks prediction. No where near it. Our last visit to the moon was in the 60's, he would be dreadfully disappointed in us.

Then again, Pan Am aren't selling spaceflights but Virgin are!