House Price Crash Forum

Why Are Pizza Eaters So Fat?

PopGun

I completely subscribe to the calories in = calories burned = stable weight model.

I'm 30, and I weigh almost exactly the same as I did aged 15, about 12 stone at 5'11. I've never had a BMI over 24. I regularly eat wheat and junk food, I just don't eat more calories than I burn up, and as a result I don't put on weight. I still own, and sometimes wear, a pair of trousers I bought when I was 17. I've always worn 32" waist trousers, usually with a bit of a gap round the waistband because my **** is proportionally larger than my waist when compared to the average (since I cycle and walk a lot).

I'd estimate that 20-30% of my daily calorie intake is ethanol.

I suppose it's a possibility that I'm some sort of genetic freak. A more likely explanation is that my body, like everyone else's, stores excess calories as fat; if you don't consume excess calories, you don't get fat.

My favourite snack if I'm out and about is a McDonalds Double Cheeseburger: £1.29, 480 calories, 35g of protein. If I'm too hungover to make my peanut butter sandwiches before work I usually treat myself to a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal with a coffee- something like 700-800 calories. If I'm doing a late shift, a Lidl Giant Cornish Pasty is my favoured option, at circa 700 calories, presumably with loads of transfats in it etc.

It doesn't matter what you eat, if you consume more calories than you burn you will put on weight, if you don't, you won't.

I'm about to start increasing my food intake, because I'm about to start on the Stronglifts 5x5. Clearly if I want to put on muscle, I'll have to convince my body that it's O.K. to do so by eating lots of food.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll check 'em out, but are you sure they're better than say, Doritos?

Taste bland, but very low fat and salt. And cheap too.

Beware of the flavoured variety! Same yellow packet but wholly different.

I was given this tip by an Homeopath, who is over 50 and looks 30 and is a top local Karati fighter and examiner. Very fit guy.

Apparently Maize is perhaps the best common carb for slow release.

Guest DisposableHeroes

I'm 6ft, about eleven and half stone, 30 inch waist (narrowest part of the body).

Yet body fat percentage scales read around 22-23, they calculate I'm overweight. They also like rubbing it in, that half of me just constitutes water.

Balanced diet and exercise (bike, walk) a couple of times a week is all I do. If I pig out one day. I ease off the next.

I used to be a couple of stone overweight as a kid. More physically active than I am now, used to tuck away the chocolate something chronic though.

Yoghurt is supposed to aid weight loss, worth a try.

http://obesity.ygoy.com/2008/07/15/can-yog...weight-quickly/

I'm happy with my weight, my BMI is about average.

I'm 6ft, about eleven and half stone, 30 inch waist (narrowest part of the body).

Yet body fat percentage scales read around 22-23, they calculate I'm overweight. They also like rubbing it in, that half of me just constitutes water.

Balanced diet and exercise (bike, walk) a couple of times a week is all I do. If I pig out one day. I ease off the next.

I used to be a couple of stone overweight as a kid. More physically active than I am now, used to tuck away the chocolate something chronic though.

Yoghurt is supposed to aid weight loss, worth a try.

http://obesity.ygoy.com/2008/07/15/can-yog...weight-quickly/

I'm happy with my weight, my BMI is about average.

6ft, 11 stone and body fat 23% ? :blink:

Put some muscle on! Do a few press ups and situps a few times everyday, like when you are waiting for the kettle to boil or watching the telly. Soon sort that out.

Guest DisposableHeroes
6ft, 11 stone and body fat 23% ? :blink:

Put some muscle on! Do a few press ups and situps a few times everyday, like when you are waiting for the kettle to boil or watching the telly. Soon sort that out.

I can see you mental image, it ain't pretty :-)

Archived