House Price Crash Forum

Why Are Pizza Eaters So Fat?

PopGun

OK, so are you saying that if all I eat/ drink is 5 slices of bread, two apples, a banana and 3 litres of water each day, all whilst exercising 600 calories worth of effort a day, that I will not have an overall calorie deficit that will lead to massive weight loss??? Such a plan would cause most people to loose over 2lbs a week! It wouldn't be that healthy, but it would work. The energy from the food above is less than 800 calories, leaving your body just 200.

Same with rice. Work in a paddy field and eat rice. You won't get fat. Eat fish and rice in small portions like the Japanese, you won't get fat.

I accept all the inflamatory gluten stuff, and that bread takes longer to leave the system, but I have personally lost weight over time by having baked beans on (unbuttered brown) toast every day during the winter months. (You won't feel like eating until midday). Then you have salad at lunch, and soup/ ryvita/ salad in the evening. Some chocolate (2 squares- 100cals), fruits and some nuts round things out during the day. 2x 30 minutes on an uphill treadmill (fast walking, slow walking intervals), 5 days a week completes the regime. BTW, always take 25% off any calories computer, for a proper estimate.

The above is a recipe for losing AT LEAST 10lbs in two months, more if you're heavier or more muscular than I am.

This guy here does pretty well from bread, pasta and pancakes, and looks pretty ripped:

http://www.motleyhealth.com/articles/2008/...s-and-diet.html

It includes three fried egg sandwiches topped with cheese, a bucket of pasta, and a pizza. I'd say that blows your theory out of the water. (But do stop eating bread if you're trying to loose weight: It's easier than exercising it off again)

No, not saying you eat bread -saying you cut out ALL wheat.

Baked beans are very good for you.

Phelps is burning a huge amount of calories. Eggs are very good for you. Fried eggs are very good aslong as they are cooked in olive oil and not veggie oil. I am partial to a fried egg sandwhich myself, although I prefer to whip up the eggs prior to frying in olive oil and then placed between two pieces of good quality bread.

You have obviously misunderstood my simple statement in so many ways that if I could be bothered I would I explain things to you but I am going to feck my gf instead. Have a good evening.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theboltonfury

Phelps is burning a huge amount of calories. Eggs are very good for you. Fried eggs are very good aslong as they are cooked in olive oil and not veggie oil. I am partial to a fried egg sandwhich myself, although I prefer to whip up the eggs prior to frying in olive oil and then placed between two pieces of good quality bread.

You have obviously misunderstood my simple statement in so many ways that if I could be bothered I would I explain things to you but I am going to feck my gf instead. Have a good evening.

Just check that that's alright with her first.

Your simple statement was that we aren't designed to digest bread and you need to cut it out.

Then I said that that's not completely true, and you got the hump. Literally, it seems.

Guest theboltonfury
Your simple statement was that we aren't designed to digest bread and you need to cut it out.

Then I said that that's not completely true, and you got the hump. Literally, it seems.

But I still love you. So it's not all bad.

I've been drinking.

Wow dude, you're just like, totally blowing my mind.

Especially with your tales of Ryvita and Soup diets.

You highlight the issue very well. Ryvita and soup in the evening isn't what you've come to accept as an evening meal, and you find such an idea challenging, and thus mock it.

For someone targetting weight-loss it's one of many strategies. Take it or leave it, but why snipe at someone trying to achieve their goals?

Scotch egg. All essential food groups in one handy package. Oh! And today I found a scotch egg made with a pickled egg and covered in crisps rather than breadcrumbs. Nutricious and delicious.

OK - maybe I'm being facecious here, but I'm taking the pee like that person saying you should only have soup or salad after 6pm. That is no sort of life - and yes, there are people who eat and drink in the evenings who are not fat and are perfectly healthy.

And the fact that you use a treadmill to "walk up hill" tells me everything I need to know about you.

Goodnight, and enjoy your boiled sweet.

You highlight the issue very well. Ryvita and soup in the evening isn't what you've come to accept as an evening meal, and you find such an idea challenging, and thus mock it.

For someone targetting weight-loss it's one of many strategies. Take it or leave it, but why snipe at someone trying to achieve their goals?

because such a ridiculous diet would be part of the problem, it encourages a binge purge cycle and is as harmful, mentally, as eating too many pizzasv

the whole diet mentality is wrong

if you are overweight you need to change your eating ways to something you can stick to forever, not have periods of self denial

open your mind

Have you tried those Chigago Town, better then Pizza Hut or Domino's or yout money back.

Pretty good, but not better then PH or domino's, I did not claim my money back though, as it's the best pizza that will come out of your oven for £3.99.

And you cook it from frozen and do not have to preheat the oven, so easy for a pi$$ head like me.

Get some and put them in the freezer.

Scotch egg. All essential food groups in one handy package. Oh! And today I found a scotch egg made with a pickled egg and covered in crisps rather than breadcrumbs. Nutricious and delicious.

OK - maybe I'm being facecious here, but I'm taking the pee like that person saying you should only have soup or salad after 6pm. That is no sort of life - and yes, there are people who eat and drink in the evenings who are not fat and are perfectly healthy.

And the fact that you use a treadmill to "walk up hill" tells me everything I need to know about you.

Goodnight, and enjoy your boiled sweet.

I was explaining about how to lose weight, not expecting everyone to live a pious lifetime of purgatory.

Eating food is a pleasure that many people use incorrectly, but soup and chicken salad can be pleasurable and MUST be if you want to fit in your wedding dress etc. It's just a change of focus.

Eating a 'balanced diet' in the evening, doesn't make you fat or unhealthy. We know that. Eating Pizza every night isn't the same thing.

And why is walking up hill (~doubles the calorie burn at 12%) some kind of weird exercise? It loads the cardio-vascular system without loading the joints. I don't live by a mountain that is well lit on winter evenings, so I take the treadmill option. How does one even get the recommended 40 minutes FLAT walking a day during inclement weather or darkness?

Certain people will deride you for trying to achieve your goals, and your comments put you in that category. That's just the kind of person you are at the moment. Proof that your comment is garbage can be found in any gym or fitness equipment store.

I was explaining about how to lose weight, not expecting everyone to live a pious lifetime of purgatory.

Eating food is a pleasure that many people use incorrectly, but soup and chicken salad can be pleasurable and MUST be if you want to fit in your wedding dress etc. It's just a change of focus.

Eating a 'balanced diet' in the evening, doesn't make you fat or unhealthy. We know that. Eating Pizza every night isn't the same thing.

And why is walking up hill (~doubles the calorie burn at 12%) some kind of weird exercise? It loads the cardio-vascular system without loading the joints. I don't live by a mountain that is well lit on winter evenings, so I take the treadmill option. How does one even get the recommended 40 minutes FLAT walking a day during inclement weather or darkness?

Certain people will deride you for trying to achieve your goals, and your comments put you in that category. That's just the kind of person you are at the moment. Proof that your comment is garbage can be found in any gym or fitness equipment store.

Hang on a minute, why not buy a wedding dress that fits you in the first place?

As for the rest, see pete's last post.

PS - and what's all this about goats? And what proof is there in a fitness store? Are these the same places that are all going out of business now that 'tards can't mew anymore?

because such a ridiculous diet would be part of the problem, it encourages a binge purge cycle and is as harmful, mentally, as eating too many pizzasv

the whole diet mentality is wrong

if you are overweight you need to change your eating ways to something you can stick to forever, not have periods of self denial

open your mind

Why is soup and salad 'self denial'? That implies that sticking to wine and beer is denial, when the better option is cocaine and marajuana. If I can learn to be happy with beer (or go one further and learn to be happy with OJ), why not the same with food?

Why not build in soup and salad 4/5 nights a week, forever? Now there's lateral thinking. If that doesn't float your boat, you will need to burn whatever extra you eat in order to maintain an even weight.

Hang on a minute, why not buy a wedding dress that fits you in the first place?

As for the rest, see pete's last post.

PS - and what's all this about goats? And what proof is there in a fitness store? Are these the same places that are all going out of business now that 'tards can't mew anymore?

Maybe you know you used to enjoy being a size 10/12, and now you're size 16/18 through spending your 20s in the 9-5, or 8-8? Some people think that getting older means 'getting bigger'. Some people query that.

So you are Pete's little helper then? Or maybe you're mine, you know, incase I didn't see his post? Thanks for your help anyway.

The fitness stores that sell treadmills that prove that people buy such things?? No Argos and Amazon aren't going out of business either:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0...howViewpoints=1

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...Tab/reviews.htm

Soup can be pretty risky as it tends to have all the carbs pulverised and therefore speeds up disgetion and glucose prodution which can result in blood sugar spikes, insulin spikes and fat manufacturing.

That's good advice. I'll be using that. I only really go for clearish packet soups (chicken noodle esp), so I know where you're coming from.

Have you tried those Chigago Town, better then Pizza Hut or Domino's or yout money back.

Pretty good, but not better then PH or domino's, I did not claim my money back though, as it's the best pizza that will come out of your oven for £3.99.

And you cook it from frozen and do not have to preheat the oven, so easy for a pi$$ head like me.

Get some and put them in the freezer.

Surely you don't mean those microwave ones? They're a pizza sh1t.

Why not build in soup and salad 4/5 nights a week, forever?

because it doesn't give you anything like the nutrition you need, does not fulfill ones natural craving for a wonderful variety of lovely foods, doesn't provide enough energy for proper, regular exercise and is completely unnecessary

If that doesn't float your boat, you will need to burn whatever extra you eat in order to maintain an even weight.

it sounds like you're suggesting eating a normal meal in the evening, even a sensible amount of pizza, would push someone over their daily calorie limit, which is muddled thinking to say the least

i think you have you're own issues to work through, and i wish you luck with that

either that or you've ascended to a higher plane than us mere mortals can comprehend and i simply cannot allow myself to waste any more of your time . for the good of mankind - go!

Answered this in the diet thread on here.

Simple answer = wheat.

Human Beings didn't begin eating wheat up until about 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. For 2 million years we were hunter gatherers living on fruit, nuts, root veg and the occasional bit of meat. It was only when the move to farming, and thus the eating of wheat, that things began to go wrong.

In its raw state wheat is toxic to the Human Body.

In its cooked form wheat is perhaps the biggest inflammatory for the body responsible for all sorts of ills from IBS to candida to coeliac disease - usually due to the gluten in wheat.

Wheat is in so much that we eat now - they stick gluten in almost everything, often in things which, in their natural form, would never go near a field let alone wheat. Prawn cocktail is a good example.

Wheat is in what passes for bread nowadays, makes up pizza bases and is, something most people do not realise, the basis of all pastas.

Bread is called The Staff of Life.

Coeliac Disease is a fairly new phenomenon.

Prior to using wheat, man used Spelt: similar but not the same.

For over 2,000 years, Western man has farmed and eaten wheat mainly as forms of bread with no problem.

What is different is the genetically modified forms of wheat which requires far less fertilisation, are more resistant to disease and produce far greater yields.

Next comes the way wheat grain is processed: instead of grinding slowly using millstones, the grain is roller-milled which induces heat and changes the enzyme structure.

Modern "Bread" is simply greed-drive muck.

And far too many foods contain all sorts of processed Wheat Elements such as the dreaded "Modified Wheat Starch" etc.

Which is why we bake our own using sourdough, mainly, and all organic simple heavy flour which is stone-milled.

Interestingly an increasing number of French artisan bakers are growing old strains of proper wheat.

http://www.grain.org/seedling/?id=471#_10

http://www.grain.org/seedling/?id=470

Pizza is not bad for you: anymore than real bread is.

It all depends what the "Pizza" consists of!

I made one for lunch, yesterday.

By made I mean made the dough using organic flour: and the topping was simple. Mainly tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomatoes purée and Low Fat Mozarella cheese and Oregano:

No lashings of MSG: no Transfatty Acids; only a tiny amount of Atlantic Sea Salt fresh ground: No glupe and chemicals!

However, if we ate one every day then we would put on weight!

Wanna lose weight?

Just realise the body is a Heat Engine: Fuel in Minus equal work out = Balance.

Fuel In + Little Work Out = Obesity.

There is no Magic Diet: no instant Pill.

Bread is called The Staff of Life.

Coeliac Disease is a fairly new phenomenon.

Prior to using wheat, man used Spelt: similar but not the same.

For over 2,000 years, Western man has farmed and eaten wheat mainly as forms of bread with no problem.

What is different is the genetically modified forms of wheat which requires far less fertilisation, are more resistant to disease and produce far greater yields.

Next comes the way wheat grain is processed: instead of grinding slowly using millstones, the grain is roller-milled which induces heat and changes the enzyme structure.

Modern "Bread" is simply greed-drive muck.

And far too many foods contain all sorts of processed Wheat Elements such as the dreaded "Modified Wheat Starch" etc.

Which is why we bake our own using sourdough, mainly, and all organic simple heavy flour which is stone-milled.

Interestingly an increasing number of French artisan bakers are growing old strains of proper wheat.

http://www.grain.org/seedling/?id=471#_10

http://www.grain.org/seedling/?id=470

Pizza is not bad for you: anymore than real bread is.

It all depends what the "Pizza" consists of!

I made one for lunch, yesterday.

By made I mean made the dough using organic flour: and the topping was simple. Mainly tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomatoes purée and Low Fat Mozarella cheese and Oregano:

No lashings of MSG: no Transfatty Acids; only a tiny amount of Atlantic Sea Salt fresh ground: No glupe and chemicals!

However, if we ate one every day then we would put on weight!

Wanna lose weight?

Just realise the body is a Heat Engine: Fuel in Minus equal work out = Balance.

Fuel In + Little Work Out = Obesity.

There is no Magic Diet: no instant Pill.

Bread has a lot to answer for. I'd bet my life on 95% of murderers being bread eaters. Plus dough absorbs water, and apparently the human body is around 70-75% water.... :o

Sod asteroids, swine flu or the total collapse of civilisation, the architect of our doom is sitting on the plate in front of you!! You've been warned.

Guest Skinty

I walked twenty miles yesterday with an 8K pack on my back and climbed a 3,000 foot mountain inbetween. When I got home I had a meat feast pizza. My body hurts like hell today. I blame the MSG.

I walked twenty miles yesterday with an 8K pack on my back and climbed a 3,000 foot mountain inbetween. When I got home I had a meat feast pizza. My body hurts like hell today. I blame the MSG.

Did it include Bolognese mince? Uh I'm so hungry now.

Archived