House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PopGun

Why Are Pizza Eaters So Fat?

I think it could be down to the cheese, or those MSG laden stuffed crusts!

If you consume away the sugars in your bloodstream, then a 700 calorie pizza added to such a low level of sugars, will be digested as part of the ~2000 cals a moderately active person burns.

But if you've been eating too much in the days and weeks before you eat the pizza, then your body stores it as fat.

Think of a beer belly like an overflow carpark for a large shopping centre. If the main car park is constantly full, then you'll get overflow. You've got to drain the main carpark before the overflow starts to shrink.

Too many people want to create their own reality where they can maintain high blood sugars (i.e. graze on crap, have more than soup/ salad after 6pm) and also eat stuff like pizza or takeaway.

Loads of skinny people can eat pizza, and not gain weight, simply because they let it digest (a couple of days), before even thinking about eating 'big food' again. 'Small food' is salad and soup etc.

If you remove most carbs from your diet for a week, do 30 minutes walking a day, (or sit-ups in the morning). You can have a small tasty pizza on Saturday, as a reward.

If you break your plan and grab a Mars Bar/ potatoes/ pasta mid-week, and don't do the extra exercise to burn it off, then don't run crying when your lack of will power causes the pizza/ giant takeaway/ giant bag of crisps to make you put on weight.

Boiled sweets and plenty of water and sleep will help you too.

See what you can do in a week, then two weeks etc. If you break your plan just put yourself down as a 'Victim of a giant food marketing conspiracy' or other such get-out clause.

It's a numbers game, so if you can't add up, don't bother.

I've seen plenty of thin Italians.

Guest theboltonfury
If you consume away the sugars in your bloodstream, then a 700 calorie pizza added to such a low level of sugars, will be digested as part of the ~2000 cals a moderately active person burns.

But if you've been eating too much in the days and weeks before you eat the pizza, then your body stores it as fat.

Think of a beer belly like an overflow carpark for a large shopping centre. If the main car park is constantly full, then you'll get overflow. You've got to drain the main carpark before the overflow starts to shrink.

Too many people want to create their own reality where they can maintain high blood sugars (i.e. graze on crap, have more than soup/ salad after 6pm) and also eat stuff like pizza or takeaway.

Loads of skinny people can eat pizza, and not gain weight, simply because they let it digest (a couple of days), before even thinking about eating 'big food' again. 'Small food' is salad and soup etc.

If you remove most carbs from your diet for a week, do 30 minutes walking a day, (or sit-ups in the morning). You can have a small tasty pizza on Saturday, as a reward.

If you break your plan and grab a Mars Bar/ potatoes/ pasta mid-week, and don't do the extra exercise to burn it off, then don't run crying when your lack of will power causes the pizza/ giant takeaway/ giant bag of crisps to make you put on weight.

See what you can do in a week, then two weeks etc. If you break your plan just put yourself down as a 'Victim of a giant food marketing conspiracy' or other such get-out clause.

****** that. I'll eat pizza whenever I like because it's nice. Just add in excercise to combat it.

Ah, I can answer this one!

Pizzas - lots of calories!

People who eat lots of pizzas - tend not to do much calorie burning exercise.

Lots of calories in - few calories out = man boob and several chins, or huge **** and bingo wings

Guest theboltonfury
Ah, I can answer this one!

Pizzas - lots of calories!

People who eat lots of pizzas - tend not to do much calorie burning exercise.

Lots of calories in - few calories out = man boob and several chins, or huge **** and bingo wings

Well, that explains Kerry Katona then!

Maybe its because the typical demographic for pizza eaters = darts playing english women.

I've seen plenty of thin Italians.

That's because they eat proper pizza with sparse but extremely tasty toppings, and none of this American triple-loaded garbage we get.

You can make a really tasty pizza with a wholemeal pitta, tomato ketchup and no-fat cheese for about 500 calories. Not that that's a proper pizza either but it sorts out the craving if you like the stuff.

That's because they eat proper pizza with sparse but extremely tasty toppings, and none of this American triple-loaded garbage we get.

You can make a really tasty pizza with a wholemeal pitta, tomato ketchup and no-fat cheese for about 500 calories. Not that that's a proper pizza either but it sorts out the craving if you like the stuff.

I wouldn't bother-that recipe sounds cack.

I really don't think you can make anything that could be construed as a pizza with a pitta bread and ketchup - let alone a really tasty one... and lets not even start on the no fat cheese. If I'm going to eat 500 calories, I'm going to make them count.

You can make a tasty kebab that could involve a wholemeal pitta, but not a pizza - unleavened bread has no place there.

Guest theboltonfury

It's also quite common to have pizza in Italy without cheese. Pizza bianca o rossa. Most Pizzeria menus will offer a great selection of both. The base is extremely thin and cooked quickly in un forno al legno (wood burning oven). As you say, Pizza doesn't have to be a heart attack.

In some of the low budget pizzas you get from supermarkets the cheese isn't even cheese it's just an oil substitute that looks like cheese. You wouldn't eat it if you knew what was in it. I would rather watch Gone with the Wind on loop than go to Pizza Hut or Dominos.

I bet you're a bundle of fun

Don't forget that the pizza-eaters you see most will statistically be those who eat the most pizza, so your sample group is self-selecting to be lardy. There are thin pizza-eaters, you just don't see them so often because they don't eat as much pizza.

Answered this in the diet thread on here.

Simple answer = wheat.

Human Beings didn't begin eating wheat up until about 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. For 2 million years we were hunter gatherers living on fruit, nuts, root veg and the occasional bit of meat. It was only when the move to farming, and thus the eating of wheat, that things began to go wrong.

In its raw state wheat is toxic to the Human Body.

In its cooked form wheat is perhaps the biggest inflammatory for the body responsible for all sorts of ills from IBS to candida to coeliac disease - usually due to the gluten in wheat.

Wheat is in so much that we eat now - they stick gluten in almost everything, often in things which, in their natural form, would never go near a field let alone wheat. Prawn cocktail is a good example.

Wheat is in what passes for bread nowadays, makes up pizza bases and is, something most people do not realise, the basis of all pastas.

Stop eating bread for 30 days - nothing else - and watch your weight go down. You will also lose inches from the waste as wheat is known to store its 'fat' around the stomach region.

Btw, some experts consider rice to be an off-shot of wheat, others do not.

Answered this in the diet thread on here.

Simple answer = wheat.

Human Beings didn't begin eating wheat up until about 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. For 2 million years we were hunter gatherers living on fruit, nuts, root veg and the occasional bit of meat. It was only when the move to farming, and thus the eating of wheat, that things began to go wrong.

In its raw state wheat is toxic to the Human Body.

In its cooked form wheat is perhaps the biggest inflammatory for the body responsible for all sorts of ills from IBS to candida to coeliac disease - usually due to the gluten in wheat.

Wheat is in so much that we eat now - they stick gluten in almost everything, often in things which, in their natural form, would never go near a field let alone wheat. Prawn cocktail is a good example.

Wheat is in what passes for bread nowadays, makes up pizza bases and is, something most people do not realise, the basis of all pastas.

Stop eating bread for 30 days - nothing else - and watch your weight go down. You will also lose inches from the waste as wheat is known to store its 'fat' around the stomach region.

Does that mean that if I go on an exclusive diet of cod and chips and cider I will lose weight ?

I had pizza for tea today and I eat a lot of bread and other wheat products and I'm not fat at all.

OK, pizza isn't the best food for losing weight, but most people's weight problem is because they eat more than they need to in relation to the amount of exercise they get.

I had pizza for tea today and I eat a lot of bread and other wheat products and I'm not fat at all.

OK, pizza isn't the best food for losing weight, but most people's weight problem is because they eat more than they need to in relation to the amount of exercise they get.

The body is very good on living on less calories than many of us realise.

One problem with our evolution is that we do not have a switch inside of us that says "enough" due to the fact that, for most of Human existence, most Humans have lived in places where enough food daily simply was not available... plus we did not sit behind desks or in cars all day long.

So, as restaurants make bigger and bigger portions and shops sell foods in bigger and bigger portions - spag bol family size anyone - the body merely adjusts to eat bigger and bigger portions... so we get fat...

OK, so are you saying that if all I eat/ drink is 5 slices of bread, two apples, a banana and 3 litres of water each day, all whilst exercising 600 calories worth of effort a day, that I will not have an overall calorie deficit that will lead to massive weight loss??? Such a plan would cause most people to loose over 2lbs a week! It wouldn't be that healthy, but it would work. The energy from the food above is less than 800 calories, leaving your body just 200.

Same with rice. Work in a paddy field and eat rice. You won't get fat. Eat fish and rice in small portions like the Japanese, you won't get fat.

I accept all the inflamatory gluten stuff, and that bread takes longer to leave the system, but I have personally lost weight over time by having baked beans on (unbuttered brown) toast every day during the winter months. (You won't feel like eating until midday). Then you have salad at lunch, and soup/ ryvita/ salad in the evening. Some chocolate (2 squares- 100cals), fruits and some nuts round things out during the day. 2x 30 minutes on an uphill treadmill (fast walking, slow walking intervals), 5 days a week completes the regime. BTW, always take 25% off any calories computer, for a proper estimate.

The above is a recipe for losing AT LEAST 10lbs in two months, more if you're heavier or more muscular than I am.

This guy here does pretty well from bread, pasta and pancakes, and looks pretty ripped:

http://www.motleyhealth.com/articles/2008/...s-and-diet.html

It includes three fried egg sandwiches topped with cheese, a bucket of pasta, and a pizza. I'd say that blows your theory out of the water. (But do stop eating bread if you're trying to loose weight: It's easier than exercising it off again)

Guest theboltonfury
OK, so are you saying that if all I eat/ drink is 5 slices of bread, two apples, a banana and 3 litres of water each day, all whilst exercising 600 calories worth of effort a day, that I will not have an overall calorie deficit that will lead to massive weight loss??? Such a plan would cause most people to loose over 2lbs a week! It wouldn't be that healthy, but it would work. The energy from the food above is less than 800 calories, leaving your body just 200.

Same with rice. Work in a paddy field and eat rice. You won't get fat. Eat fish and rice in small portions like the Japanese, you won't get fat.

I accept all the inflamatory gluten stuff, and that bread takes longer to leave the system, but I have personally lost weight over time by having baked beans on (unbuttered brown) toast every day during the winter months. (You won't feel like eating until midday). Then you have salad at lunch, and soup/ ryvita/ salad in the evening. Some chocolate (2 squares- 100cals), fruits and some nuts round things out during the day. 2x 30 minutes on an uphill treadmill (fast walking, slow walking intervals), 5 days a week completes the regime. BTW, always take 25% off any calories computer, for a proper estimate.

The above is a recipe for losing AT LEAST 10lbs in two months, more if you're heavier or more muscular than I am.

This guy here does pretty well from bread, pasta and pancakes, and looks pretty ripped:

http://www.motleyhealth.com/articles/2008/...s-and-diet.html

It includes three fried egg sandwiches topped with cheese, a bucket of pasta, and a pizza. I'd say that blows your theory out of the water. (But do stop eating bread if you're trying to loose weight: It's easier than exercising it off again)

Sounds to me that once Phelps stops swimming he gunna be one fat ******er!