House Price Crash Forum

The Met Office Called A "bbq Summer"

Pick It Down

HOLA441
(Jul 1-24): 16.6°C (+0.2 degC)

E&W Rain: (Jul 1-24): 104.8mm (236 per cent)

E&W Sun: (Jul 1-24): 149.9hr ( 96 per cent)

© Philip Eden (If you wish to use or copy these figures, please acknowledge the source)

www.climate-uk.com

Odds on for a BBQ summer

PDF - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pres.../summer2009.pdf

Looks more like a George Foreman Grill summer to me. :rolleyes:

Hey - but at least we know they can forecast 50 years ahead very well.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Yes, the Metoffice are becoming as much a conduit for govt propaganda as the ONS. The fact is though, a themometer and rain guage are cheap. If they werent, govt would fabricate these records too, telling us we've experienced the best summer on record and other feelgood BS.

And judging by their latest evasion of the FoI act they'd tell us it and refuse to provide any supporting evidence.

UK Met Office Refuses to Disclose Station Data Once Again - http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=6618

HOLA445

I know a guy at met office and he works on climate change stuff and he has told me that no one can build a model that can predict climate change there are too many variables, of course that does not stop them trying or saying they can because the money may stop.

So waht we have is my favourite word a CONSENSUS.

"To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects." - Margaret Thatcher

"Consensus is what many people say in chorus but do not believe as individuals." - Abba Eban

"Uniform ideas originating among entire peoples unknown to each other must have a common ground of truth." - Giambattista Vico

February 2009:Yet another example of the ‘research’ masquerading as science that is used to reinforce the man-made global warming fraud. One of the difficulties the green zealots have had is that Antarctica has been not warming but cooling, with the extent of its ice reaching record levels. A few weeks ago, a study led by Professor Eric Steig caused some excitement by claiming that actually West Antarctica was warming so much that it more than made up for the cooling in East Antarctica. Warning bells should have sounded when Steig said

What we did is interpolate carefully instead of just using the back of an envelope.

Well, yes. But then the invention of data that does not exist and the obliteration of data that does exist has been precisely how the man-made global warming scam has been perpetrated right from the get-go. The most egregious example of this was the piece of ‘research’ that underpinned the entire IPCC/Kyoto shebang from 2001 when it was published -- the so-called ‘hockey stick’ curve, which purported to show a vertiginous and unprecedented rise in global temperature in the 20th century.

The problem with pegging such a rise to the evils of industrialisation had always been the Medieval Warm Period, during which global temperatures were warmer than in modern times. So the ‘hockey stick’ study dealt with that by simply managing to airbrush out the Medieval Warm Period and its subsequent corrective Little Ice Age altogether. Some seven centuries of global history were simply excised from the data -- because an algorithm had been built into the computer programme which would have created a ‘hockey stick’ curve whatever data were fed into it.

Some simple experiments you can do at home half fill a glass with ice cubes top to brim with water, this represents sea ice.

The question is what happens when the ice melts is ait (a) the level drops in Glass (B) the level overflows or © the level remains the same? Answer the level remains the same, as does the sea when the ice melts.

Remember the story about the ice melting and cooling the gulf stream and UK freezing?

I was told 12 months ago it is the jet stream hitting the Rocky mountains and detouring acroos the UK which keeps us warmer than our geographic location and a cooling of the gulf stram would have little effect on temperatures in the UK.

FACT:AVERAGE TEMPERATURES IN THE UK HAVE NOT INCREASED FOR OVER 10 YEARS!

So in conclusion if people give a balanced press to Climate change ideas I would be more likely to accept them, but this blantant excuse to screw the population over a CONSENSUS.

IT IS FRAUDULANT! Nostrodamus would have been proud!

HOLA446
I know a guy at met office and he works on climate change stuff and he has told me that no one can build a model that can predict climate change there are too many variables, of course that does not stop them trying or saying they can because the money may stop.

So waht we have is my favourite word a CONSENSUS.

"

He is probably the only guy at the climate change office who will tell the truth.

HOLA447

Towards the start of 2009 I posted that we would have a cold summer. The temperate of the Earth is directly linked into the level of sunlight we get, and the level of sunlight we get is directly proprtional to the number of sunspots we get. Sunspots have been declining since 2001, and we are currently a a sunspot minimum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...ll-1674630.html

We have had it warmer, in the medieval warm period Greenland was habitable

We have also had it colder.....

Zurich_Color_Small.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

From 1400 into the 19th century, there were 24 winters in which the Thames was recorded to have frozen over at London; if "more or less frozen over" years (in parentheses) are included, the number is 26: 1408, 1435, 1506, 1514, 1537, 1565, 1595, 1608, 1621, 1635, 1649, 1655, 1663, 1666, 1677, 1684, 1695, 1709, 1716, 1740, (1768), 1776, (1785), 1788, 1795, and 1814

The last big freeze of the Thames/last frost fair ties up with the last big reduction in sunspots. Since 1950's on average we have had much higher levels of sunspots,but in the 1960s the sunspots were marketdly lower, and in 1963 the Thames froze again!

http://www.thamesweb.co.uk/windsor/windsor...y/freeze63.html

the last sunspot peak was in 2000, and it has been decreasing since then, which also ties up with global temperature falls since 2000! If the sun spots don't start up, or they are delayed it will get colder and colder and colder....

C02 has a much smaller impact than the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface, were having a wet cold summer, and we are going to have an EVEN colder winter this year, lots of snow :)

HOLA448
HOLA449
C02 has a much smaller impact than the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface, were having a wet cold summer, and we are going to have an EVEN colder winter this year, lots of snow :)

Yes, the postulated reason for low sunspots numbers having a cooling effect seems to be the connection with the solar wind. Low sunspot numbers -> decreased solar wind -> more cosmic rays hitting earth -> more clouds -> less solar gain.

The Svensmark hypothesis is well backed up by physical data. The Chilling Stars provides an excellent read about this link.

The Met Office ignore it which is why their last few seasonal forecasts have been so dreadfully inaccurate.

HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK

Go away and learn about the difference between climate prediction and weather forecasting.

HOLA4411
www.climate-uk.com

PDF - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pres.../summer2009.pdf

Looks more like a George Foreman Grill summer to me. :rolleyes:

This is the bit I dont get.

"(Jul 1-24): 16.6°C (+0.2 degC) "

How is this July warmer than average? I dont recall any days in July that have been stinking hot, like we normally get. Nor do I recall any nights where you have to get rid of the blanket and cant get to sleep because it is too hot.

So just how has this July managed to be warmer than average in the UK?

HOLA4412
Go away and learn about the difference between climate prediction and weather forecasting.

One we can verify and hold the forecasters to account.

The other will see the forecasters retired on generous pensions by the time we've found out they were wrong.

HOLA4413
This is the bit I dont get.

"(Jul 1-24): 16.6°C (+0.2 degC) "

How is this July warmer than average? I dont recall any days in July that have been stinking hot, like we normally get. Nor do I recall any nights where you have to get rid of the blanket and cant get to sleep because it is too hot.

So just how has this July managed to be warmer than average in the UK?

It's been the same the last couple of summers. There are two or three reasons.

The base period compared to actually had some chilly summers for the UK. So you are comparing to an average that is itself not a true climatic average.

However, we did have the very warm spell at the start of the month with widespread maxima in the high 20s Celsius (mid 80s F). The rest of the month has been slightly below average.

Perceptions of summer however tend to be more based on sunlight levels, and here this July has been lacking yet again, with most of the sunlight occurring early and late in the day as convection has led to leaden overcast skies most afternoons.

It's not a "BBQ summer" whichever way you look at it. :angry:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
What a load of moaning minnies you lot are.

The forecast is usually pretty accurate for the next 48 hours or so - even up to 5 days, beyond that, its never going to be 100% is it!

I totally agree, the further out the forecast period, the less accurate the forecast will be.

However some fools seem to think that with a big enough computer things suddenly become easy to predict 10+ years into the future. :lol:

HOLA4417
What a load of moaning minnies you lot are.

The forecast is usually pretty accurate for the next 48 hours or so - even up to 5 days, beyond that, its never going to be 100% is it!

I heard from someone that it is going to be over 100 degrees in a couple of weeks! :o

Archived