House Price Crash Forum

Forgot To Put My Opened Pack Of Cheddar Cheese In The Fridge

loginandtonic

HOLA441
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
pretty warm weather, forgot to put my cheddar back in the fridge for 15 hrs - anyone tell me if it's a definite no no to consume it or a definite chuck out as it would be if it were soft / cream cheese?

info on cheese if you please

hard cheese - slice of the hard edges, eat the rest.

soft cheese - bin it (use gloves and a face mask)

you've got to have a system

i'm surprised this hasn't generated more responses.

Disclaimer - this does not constitute financial advise. Consult your own cheese adviser if you are in any doubts.

HOLA443

Have it on toast or in a toastie. It'll be reet.

It's SMEGGGMAAA COCCCCK CHEEEEESE that you've to be careful with. For more info on that, please contact Bwuno Powroznik, C/o Psycho Ward 1,

HOLA444
HOLA445

thx MSWHPC, juvenal, jimothy, i thought of doing that with the edges, will now do that, of course if i keel over i will post from the Patientfleece internet screen beside the bed in intensive care (just £3 for 10 mins innit) in the interest of forum health & safety as a warning to others !

:)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
thx MSWHPC, juvenal, jimothy, i thought of doing that with the edges, will now do that, of course if i keel over i will post from the Patientfleece internet screen beside the bed in intensive care (just �3 for 10 mins innit) in the interest of forum health & safety as a warning to others !

:)

you are welcome.

there is of course a 0.1% chance of death, but hey, money is short.

<_<

HOLA449
HOLA4410
It'll be fine. Hard cheeses don't really need refrigeration if you are going to eat them - if you were to leave it there for a week on the other hand ... it would probably walk off by itself.

thx

keeping cheese in the fridge is sacrilege for some nations.

i guess so, just never know with modern processes if theres a risk with our varieties of hard cheese which there wouldnt be with other nations' way of making it

you are welcome.

there is of course a 0.1% chance of death, but hey, money is short.

<_<

radio 4 moneybox prog just pretty much told an 85 year old listener that at his age its ok to use up his savings as long as some left for the funeral :lol: perhaps they should've added "and you know if you forget to refrigerate the soft cheese then it doesn't matter, i mean how much longer do you wanna go on anyway?"

this could be the answer to your prayers

http://www.topix.com/forum/food/cheese

good site, thx!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
We've been making cheese for thousands of years and only putting it in the fridge for about 70 or 80 years. Just eat the damn cheese.

And that applies to virtually everything else too.Sell by dates are just a money making wheeze.I eat stuff that is weeks out of date and suffer very little ill effects.Mrs.P won't eat it if its ON the date.

HOLA4416
And that applies to virtually everything else too.Sell by dates are just a money making wheeze.I eat stuff that is weeks out of date and suffer very little ill effects.Mrs.P won't eat it if its ON the date.

Pretty much anything in a tin or jar will keep for ever. I just ignore dates on stuff like that.

HOLA4417
Have it on toast or in a toastie. It'll be reet.

It's SMEGGGMAAA COCCCCK CHEEEEESE that you've to be careful with. For more info on that, please contact Bwuno Powroznik, C/o Psycho Ward 1,

I was waiting for the obligatory smegma reply :lol:

Several post's in! Must be a new record for a cheese post on an Internet forum.

HOLA4418

The French make and eat probably more cheese than any other nation.

Cheese is never kept in a fridge!

Ruins it!

Soft cheeses such as Brie, Camambert, Reblechon, Columiere, are kept cellared until ready to eat: now ready to eat is highly subjective!

Some prefer their cheese young: others somewhat aged: and others rather ripe.

There is in fact one variety of cheese in the North (Pas de Calais) which is so strong in smell, it is an offence to take it on public transport!

Enjoy!

HOLA4419
Pretty much anything in a tin or jar will keep for ever. I just ignore dates on stuff like that.

Don't ignore them too much - I once slaved over a chilli, popped in a can of tomatoes that I found at the back of the cupboard - it was absolutely inedible. Delving through the bin I found that the toms were five years out of date.

HOLA4420

Flaming Heck. Back in the days of rationing during the war, you just cut off the green mouldy bits and ate the rest of the cheese! I do not jest....... If you were lucky to have some cheese.

Take note - I am not recommending the above. But its what my mum told me

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
The French make and eat probably more cheese than any other nation.

Cheese is never kept in a fridge!

Ruins it!

Soft cheeses such as Brie, Camambert, Reblechon, Columiere, are kept cellared until ready to eat: now ready to eat is highly subjective!

Some prefer their cheese young: others somewhat aged: and others rather ripe.

There is in fact one variety of cheese in the North (Pas de Calais) which is so strong in smell, it is an offence to take it on public transport!

Enjoy!

I can only think about Anthea Turner after reading your post.

By the way, smelly cheese is offically known as "Underpant Cheese".

HOLA4423
Guest AuntJess
pretty warm weather, forgot to put my cheddar back in the fridge for 15 hrs - anyone tell me if it's a definite no no to consume it or a definite chuck out as it would be if it were soft / cream cheese?

info on cheese if you please

Someone told me that cheese is not made the way it used to be. (Now why does THAT not surprise me?) summat to do with the speeded up way they do it: it doesn't mature naturally and slowly, as they put chemicals in it to accelerate the process. For this reason it goes off quickly.

I could believe that. They can't leave food alone these days, just GOT to monkey about with it.

Chickens injected with oestrogens to make them plumper PLUS pumped with antibiotics. It is no wonder that there are super bugs and men losing their virility.

Beef injected with tenderisers before death....ever wondered why joint ligament probs. are on the increase? :ph34r:

And worst of all, I suspect that the incredible increase in incidents of dementia, is down to a sort of mad cow disease variation: Some get mad cow disease - others it takes longer and destroys their brain ove a period of years. :(

HOLA4424
i guess so, just never know with modern processes if theres a risk with our varieties of hard cheese which there wouldnt be with other nations' way of making it

So it's not actually cheese then

HOLA4425

Archived