House Price Crash Forum
keeprenting

Foreign Currency

What's the best/easiest way to invest in it?

I would also like some info on this.

The euro seems a little too strong and could lose a big chunck soon. The dollar although already weakened could lose much also.

What currency spread would offer best hedges against further devaluation of sterling and general uk inflation?

Ive been thinking of getting a spead of currency and keeping it in my home- dont fret, fire proof container and well hidden.

Im not convinced that there arnt more massive shocks coming...

Any thoughts from anyone?

PS im looking for safety not growth, although both is always nice.

Edited by str mofo

Spread betting is probably the easiest way with spreadex or cityindex or something but be aware of what equivalent of cash you are betting i.e. how much you could lose.

In terms of other currencies probably a mix of currencies is safest but depending on your view of the world Aussie Dollar could be a good place for some cash - they are going to move interest rates higher quite soon which will benefit AUD, and it's a commodity linked currency so if you believe in commodity prices going higher it ought to be worth it.

I use Goldmoney to change between various currencies, and of course the yellow stuff...

Hi Bazzer,

I've been looking at using the Goldmoney site for some time (just been waiting for a nice drop in the gold vs sterling price on the back of this latest rally) but didn't know you could also change currencies.

I tink it could be a reasonable time to buy US$ with the same dip in mind but I've had another look at their site and still cant find the currecy transfer side... can you help ?

Cheers,

Brix.

Euro is toast, much of the bad news has still been hidden. So the euro has to fall. When market fall like they did in October - March timeframe the USD & JPY were the big winners. So if you do not trust USD go short on EURJPY.

Euro is toast, much of the bad news has still been hidden. So the euro has to fall.

This is my view also. Although I expected EUR weakness to become visible far more quickly than it has. My view is based on the following thoughts:

1. Euro bank direct exposures to CP not yet M2M, plus exposures to Central and Eastern European economies

2. Continuing structural inflexibility relative to AP, the US, (and even the UK...)

3. In €-zone imbalances creating political pressures - specifically in Germany

These will be revealed by time. The question is how much time?