House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Jeremy Clarkson Calls Broon A Very Rude Word

Guest anorthosite

"Fat middle aged bloke famous for speaking his mind in speaking his mind controversy"

We all know he's one, any chance you could say something witty or insightful sometime Mr Clarkson?

surprised the guardian has printed the word, dont think i can recall seeing media printing that word in full ever - not sure if its healthy or a sign of decreasing morality and bad example to minors,

anyway that aside bbc2 needs Clarkson more than Clarkson needs bbc2.

but as rightly peeved with brown as clarkson is, and isn't everyone with an iq above that of an iceberg lettuce, i dont think he should let his understandable annoyance leak in that way (although the word was not an expletive word in old english). i think a better term for brown is a stink like a dead rat under the floorboards that nothing can get rid of.

come to think of it, he can call him Brown rat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Rat

Brown rats carry some diseases, including Weil's disease, rat bite fever, cryptosporidiosis, Viral hemorrhagic fever (VHF), Q fever and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. In the United Kingdom, brown rats are an important reservoir for Coxiella burnetii, the bacteria that causes Q fever, with seroprevalence for the bacteria found to be as high as 53% in some wild populations

Brown obviously has come down with coxiella burnetii as he has Q fever too, or Quantitative Easing as its technically known, which he caught from some knob called Dave the zirpist.

"Fat middle aged bloke famous for speaking his mind in speaking his mind controversy"

We all know he's one, any chance you could say something witty or insightful sometime Mr Clarkson?

That avatar is doing my eyes in. Please go back to the one of you holding the rock ***** or whatever it was. Please.

Guest anorthosite
That avatar is doing my eyes in. Please go back to the one of you holding the rock ***** or whatever it was. Please.

The Hoff is love. To know him is to know masculinity and beauty. Give in to him. Let his love slide into you...

surprised the guardian has printed the word, dont think i can recall seeing media printing that word in full ever - not sure if its healthy or a sign of decreasing morality and bad example to minors,

Yep, I'm surprised as wll. I see it as a sign of decreasing morality personally, as well as a bad example to minors, but what do I know compared to the grand c*nts at The Guardian?

Yeah, because kids are so bored these days they've resorted to reading the Grauniad.

And I have seen c**t printed in newspapers before.

Should be able to swear on this forum really. They treat us like children.

Yep, I'm surprised as wll. I see it as a sign of decreasing morality personally, as well as a bad example to minors, but what do I know compared to the grand c*nts at The Guardian?

I don't find swearing offensive...even the c word...I really don't see the big deal in it when used in the "correct" context (like the Guardian article, as it happens to be true), for instance you wouldn't want a teacher using it in school. Swearing is a fact of life and those who find it offensive do lead a sheltered life. Its also argued that its seen as people who constantly swear have a small vocabulary. What rot. Its a valid method of expression that gets to the point.

Why did many people ring about his comments about the Ipswich murders, drinking on the North Pole, etc....It's an entertainment programme. People who watch TG know what to expect, and not to take his comments too seriously (although it seems as if people do).

I always think about that "Please think of the children" line in the Simpsons about pathetic people who bother to ring up the BBC and complain about such minor, flippant remarks / actions that Clarkson make.

Jeremy Clarkson, the voice of reason.

Seriously, the fact that Top Gear, and Mr Clarkson in particular, occasionally ruffle a few "politically correct feathers" is all the more reason why they should be applauded.

Love him or hate him, Clarkson is one of the few celebrities who doesn`t toe the line. He does talk a fair amount of sense, even though his style may not be to everyone`s liking.

am pleased to see theres at least one other person here who knows what i mean about the degradation of our language, the disrespect that is almost implied by the use of it, the bad example to others and particularly minors. no wonder they use it in the playground if it seems 'adult' and big to use it. in clarkson's case i sort of understand why he feels demoralised enough by the prime monster to use a word that might well shock, that word being held by the media (usually) as the last taboo word that they would never even broadcast after the watershed (as far as i recall) when as you could f to your hearts content after 9 or 10pm.

am pleased to see theres at least one other person here who knows what i mean about the degradation of our language, the disrespect that is almost implied by the use of it, the bad example to others and particularly minors. no wonder they use it in the playground if it seems 'adult' and big to use it. in clarkson's case i sort of understand why he feels demoralised enough by the prime monster to use a word that might well shock, that word being held by the media (usually) as the last taboo word that they would never even broadcast after the watershed (as far as i recall) when as you could f to your hearts content after 9 or 10pm.

It's reached rock bottom and there is nowhere left to go.On the bright side my 20 year old son used to swear excessively as a teenager.All I said to him was that it showed his inability to use language as well as he otherwise might.I didn't attempt to stop him and now I never hear him swear.Clarkson isn't the dimwit that he likes to portray to the great unwashed and probably holds views close to our own on this.For the sake of his image however he effs and blinds.

Still laughing at a Top Gear re run last night, when they "race" a Morris Marina round an ice race track in the Alps and then drop a piano on it, to annoy the Morris Marina's Owners Club. Top TV! :lol:

I don't swear often.

But, if only we could all speak our minds.

I've only met one person in my life who I would describe as a ch*nt.

I've never met Brooon.....

If all who thought he is a ch*nt, called him one, how often do you think he'd hear the word in a day?

I do like that word. So expresive. Best said in a Jock or a Cockney accent IMO.

Clarkson can be a twit but anyone who calls Broon a **** is ok in my book.

I once told Jimmy Carr I thought he and Jamie Oliver were alike. He asked me why. I replied "Because you are both *****".

Only myself, Carr and one other '****' in the audience laughed. The rest were a little shocked. Suffice to say it didn't make it to the broadcast. :lol:

Fat middle-aged bloke with a penchant for stating the obvious, perhaps, but I still think Clarkson should become a Lord.

Excuse my skewed logic, but if idiots like Jeffrey Archole and Mike "I set fire to hotel curtains" Watson can keep their peerages, then Jeremy Clarkson should be given one.

It's reached rock bottom and there is nowhere left to go.On the bright side my 20 year old son used to swear excessively as a teenager.All I said to him was that it showed his inability to use language as well as he otherwise might.I didn't attempt to stop him and now I never hear him swear.Clarkson isn't the dimwit that he likes to portray to the great unwashed and probably holds views close to our own on this.For the sake of his image however he effs and blinds.

agree completely, your 20 yr old son has the good sense to realise, just as i did when i was that age, and in my work life although surrounded by others who would end or start each sentence f or twit or w*ker etc, i decided they sounded like a bunch of playground wannabies so i very rarely ape that language and so far i feel better for it, in fact my blood pressure is lower when i dont swear. swearing might have its place but its far too readily utlised these days and the outgrowth of that has been more violence - as if the swearing was no longer enough, expression of "i mean it!" comes with the fist, blade or round. swearing culture has shot itself in the foot and desensitisation as demonstrated by some of the replies on this thread, has led to an escalation.

I do like that word. So expresive. Best said in a Jock or a Cockney accent IMO.

Clarkson can be a twit but anyone who calls Broon a **** is ok in my book.

I once told Jimmy Carr I thought he and Jamie Oliver were alike. He asked me why. I replied "Because you are both *****".

Only myself, Carr and one other '****' in the audience laughed. The rest were a little shocked. Suffice to say it didn't make it to the broadcast. :lol:

clarkson is a bit silly at times but arent we all, i've always thought that generally he speaks more common sense than nonsense, though not immune from dropping the ball as we all are surely

agree completely, your 20 yr old son has the good sense to realise, just as i did when i was that age, and in my work life although surrounded by others who would end or start each sentence f or twit or w*ker etc, i decided they sounded like a bunch of playground wannabies so i very rarely ape that language and so far i feel better for it, in fact my blood pressure is lower when i dont swear. swearing might have its place but its far too readily utlised these days and the outgrowth of that has been more violence - as if the swearing was no longer enough, expression of "i mean it!" comes with the fist, blade or round. swearing culture has shot itself in the foot and desensitisation as demonstrated by some of the replies on this thread, has led to an escalation.

clarkson is a bit silly at times but arent we all, i've always thought that generally he speaks more common sense than nonsense, though not immune from dropping the ball as we all are surely

Swearing is the cause of more violent crime?!

You ought to just go back to contemplating what to do with your cheese. :rolleyes: