House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest theboltonfury

Why Are All British Darts Players So Fat?

Guest theboltonfury

Most of them are built like beach balls.

They call this a sport? The only calories burned will be by the St.Johns ambulance guys when they rush on to the stage to try and resuscitate one of these fatties.

They call this a sport? The only calories burned will be by the St.Johns ambulance guys when they rush on to the stage to try and resuscitate one of these fatties.

Yer add the bloody Dart's to the list.

The last redoubt of an unyielding, working class cultural elite.

They like their booze and food, and as you rightly acknowledge in your post there aren't many calories to be burnt by throwing arrows.

Guest theboltonfury
They like their booze and food, and as you rightly acknowledge in your post there aren't many calories to be burnt by throwing arrows.

I'm watching Taylor v Lewis now. I suspect the winner will be the one who doesn't have the first cardiac arrest.

You've exposed yourself as a darts fan there Bolton Fury. Given we both know you had to qualify that remark because the Dutch aces (Barnie excluded) are usually not only non-fat but actively skinny in many cases. Its almost like they are taking the piss.

Andy_Fordham_389576a.jpg

Interestingly former champion Andy "The Viking" Fordham has had no form at all since losing weight.

Although I shouldn't joke, his 'regime' of weighing 31 stone and drinking 25 lagers before taking to the oche have ******ed up his liver, although apparently since losing weight the issue while serious has stopped being an emergency.

Guest theboltonfury
You've exposed yourself as a darts fan there Bolton Fury. Given we both know you had to qualify that remark because the Dutch aces (Barnie excluded) are usually not only non-fat but actively skinny in many cases. Its almost like they are taking the piss.

Andy_Fordham_389576a.jpg

Interestingly former champion Andy "The Viking" Fordham has had no form at all since losing weight.

Although I shouldn't joke, his 'regime' of weighing 31 stone and drinking 25 lagers before taking to the oche have ******ed up his liver, although apparently since losing weight the issue while serious has stopped being an emergency.

It's because he got so fat he had a stroke and is partially paralysed now.

I am a massive, massive fan of darts. A couple of the Dutch guys are thin. Co 'matchstick' Stompe being an example. But even former slimmy 'Mighty' Mike Van Gerwen took the stage this week as a bloater and James 'The Machine' Wade is also beefing up nicely.

I am a massive, massive fan of darts. A couple of the Dutch guys are thin. Co 'matchstick' Stompe being an example. But even former slimmy 'Mighty' Mike Van Gerwen took the stage this week as a bloater and James 'The Machine' Wade is also beefing up nicely.

Those Dutch kids might throw good arrows but their nicknames are cack.

Really? I'd heard the stroke wasn't that bad. Crikey.

Make a tasteless comment and find out its even more tastless than you thought. :(

I was thinking of Stompe. The man is almost aggressively thin when you consider the company he keeps.

Heres where you tell me its due to his having AIDS or something...

I don't like fishing but how cool would this be: http://www.bobbygeorge.com/georgehalllakes.html

Getting pulled a pint by Bobby is in in-mansion bar while he shares his darting anecdotes!

Guest theboltonfury

Make a tasteless comment and find out its even more tastless than you thought. :(

I was thinking of Stompe. The man is almost aggressively thin when you consider the company he keeps.

I don't like fishing but how cool would this be: http://www.bobbygeorge.com/georgehalllakes.html

Getting pulled a pint by Bobby is in in-mansion bar while he shares his darting anecdotes!

No. Stompe is HIV -ve. His biggest gimmick is perhaps his refusal to wear darts shirts. Instead, he literally wears a work shirt.

Fordham can still play but he's fairly noticeable slower. His speech has that post-stroke slurring to it. Very sad, I guess. He did used to drink 36 bottles of Pils a day though!

'George Hall'. I always thought he lived in a trailer, and did a bit of tarmacing on the side...

Guest theboltonfury
'George Hall'. I always thought he lived in a trailer, and did a bit of tarmacing on the side...

Bobby George is known as Mr Glitter. Given everything that's happened, you'd have thought he'd have changed that nickname?

edit - can't type tonight

No. Stompe is HIV -ve. His biggest gimmick is perhaps his refusal to wear darts shirts. Instead, he literally wears a work shirt.

Fordham can still play but he's fairly noticeable slower. His speech has that post-stroke slurring to it. Very sad, I guess. He did used to drink 36 bottles of Pils a day though!

I dread to think of the withdrawal he'd have got from having that consistently :blink:

I'd have thought once his intake of booze got that high he would have graduated on to something stronger so his stomach wasn't waterlogged all the time.

Guest theboltonfury
I dread to think of the withdrawal he'd have got from having that consistently :blink:

I'd have thought once his intake of booze got that high he would have graduated on to something stronger so his stomach wasn't waterlogged all the time.

I guess being a landlord didn't help him either....

Guest theboltonfury

I'm watching the semi final between Phil Taylor and Mervyn King. I am not joking, they are talking about the match having to be stopped as King can't get enough oxygen in to his lungs!! They really are.

It's because he's 30 stone FFS!

Guest theboltonfury
BEER. Its fattening.

I thought that. At least wine is OK though. Full of fruit I was told.