House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

Flu Help Line---ot

BBC showing call centres with people answering the flu hotline.

Where did they get these people?

where were the jobs advertised?

where can we get one?

anybody know?

where can we get one?

anybody know?

You just had to cue up. Honest. Saw it on TV a few days ago. They are not exactly doing much. Run through a standard script and are not allowed to say anything deviating from the script - according to the report. Should have just got a voice system in instead.

You just had to cue up. Honest. Saw it on TV a few days ago. They are not exactly doing much. Run through a standard script and are not allowed to say anything deviating from the script - according to the report. Should have just got a voice system in instead.

queue up?

where?

where can we get one?

anybody know?

Bangalore looks nothing like I imagined.

p-o-p

queue up?

where?

Outside the Office they are now working from. Was on BBC news I think. Some story about jobs and to put the other angle they showed all these punters just about to get one.

I kid you not.

bit like the x factor auditions.

i wonder what the ratio of managers to phone tellers they have.

My NHS PCT has contacted all employees offering this work to be paid at their current salary banding. I suspect other PCTs are doing the same.

but how do you find it? jobcentre plus? or is this overtime for NHS employees...they could fit quite a few hours in during sick leave.

I know someone who works in one of the call centres. There were a lot of school leavers, single mums and out of work plumbers/plasterers/builders queueing up at his place. All advertised at the job centre.

I know someone who works in one of the call centres. There were a lot of school leavers, single mums and out of work plumbers/plasterers/builders queueing up at his place. All advertised at the job centre.

well, Mrs Loo was looking for work last week, and went onto jobcentre web site....nothing at all.

But then they wouldn't have been able to wipe all those people off the job lists with more meaningless government jobs!

Swine flu is not that bad, but as a crisis to bring the population together and distract them from the issues, I guess its easier to manage than a New Orlean's style situation (or another phoney war!).

well, Mrs Loo was looking for work last week, and went onto jobcentre web site....nothing at all.

Depends where the call centre is located I guess. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be able to commute to where my friends works.

Guest theboltonfury

I spoke to 3 seperate people yesterday. The first was a the Call Centre who took some details. She then escalated me to a nurse who then diagnosed me with 'most likely Swine flu' - she then gave me another number to call to get my voucher code for Tamiflu. I said to her 'I take it that this person will be able to see a record of our conversation and your assessment?' - she said 'no - we're completely seperate'

What's the point of this? The role of the first two people I spoke to was thus pointless as eventually I spoke to an Irish guy who sounded about 7 who told me how to get my Tamiflu. He just asked me the exact same stuff as the call centre and the nurse.

One of the most bizarre pieces of stupidity I've seen.

I spoke to 3 seperate people yesterday. The first was a the Call Centre who took some details. She then escalated me to a nurse who then diagnosed me with 'most likely Swine flu' - she then gave me another number to call to get my voucher code for Tamiflu. I said to her 'I take it that this person will be able to see a record of our conversation and your assessment?' - she said 'no - we're completely seperate'

What's the point of this? The role of the first two people I spoke to was thus pointless as eventually I spoke to an Irish guy who sounded about 7 who told me how to get my Tamiflu. He just asked me the exact same stuff as the call centre and the nurse.

Tell us how it goes. I want a blow by blow account with your struggle against swine flu (sorry my family have just had a big dose of flu and it was either normal flu or swine flu - they don't know and they don't much care - they have stopped testing. They didn't get Tamiflu, they just got better after about 5 days, a splitting headache and 3 days in bed. The upside is my brother has stopped smoking!)

they need to invest in a 20bn computer system.

I bet tamiflu authorisations are on Ebay before the weekend is out.

Guest theboltonfury
Tell us how it goes. I want a blow by blow account with your struggle against swine flu (sorry my family have just had a big dose of flu and it was either normal flu or swine flu - they don't know and they don't much care - they have stopped testing. They didn't get Tamiflu, they just got better after about 5 days, a splitting headache and 3 days in bed. The upside is my brother has stopped smoking!)

I feel mostly OK. Sore eyes, stiffness, occasional shivering, but mostly human. If this is as bad as it gets, I don't see what the fuss is about. It's nothing whatsoever like the bout of flu I had last winter. I am finding sleep difficult. Tomorrow I may deteriorate.

What's not getting into the mainstream press, because death sells papers, is that the massive majority suffer a mild bout and recover in a couple of days or so.

I am refusing Tamiflu. Instead taking Paracetomol to control my temp and drinking plenty.

Well done to your brother. Dirty habit (i'm an ex-smoker, the worst kind)

The idea is, if you have anything serious, you won't last long enough to get through to the quack.

Guest theboltonfury

You're not wrong. If all you have to do is speak to a child on the phone and say you have a cough to get the drug, there'll be Tamiflu stalls in every market come the weekend.

It really is ridiculous.

20bn computer systems are just another in the mad tracking of the population through a 'spine' of information. They will have no (or marginal) impact on health outcomes. But they will let the government watch you better. Londoners are caught on camera around 300 times a day. Do you notice how much less crime there is, and how much more clean and well maintained the streets are in the past 15 years?

Next year we will have a tamiflu resistant swine flu variant, brought to you by the, panic then throw up smoke and mirrors response to the 2009 recession.

The only people that seem to be really affected are people with prior conditions and pregnant women. These are the ONLY people that should be getting tamiflu unless there is a real presentation of symtoms. But then they have those 32 million doses to use up...

snip But then they have those 32 million doses to use up...

dont worry, the other 90 million are on order.

(thats what we need to treat everyone in the Uk according to property experts).

Why bother with eBay - I went online to the govt website and signed in as John Brown of Mouldering Grave Road, answered a few questions about feeling sick and got a Tamilflu voucher. Its a farce

Why bother with eBay - I went online to the govt website and signed in as John Brown of Mouldering Grave Road, answered a few questions about feeling sick and got a Tamilflu voucher. Its a farce

we could easily prevent this type of farce with ID cards.

Whats wrong with your national insurance number?

which one?