House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bogbrush

Norwich Worse For Labour Than Expected

Conservatives: 13,591

Labour: 6,243

Lib Dems: 4,803

The Zanu Labour vote has collapsed from 21,000.

There's still at least 6,243 bumpkins in Norwich then.

6243, is that the number of 'public sector non jobbers' relying on ZanuLabour for employment in Norwich North, Interesting.

They may have to pay a few more, Director of Diversity Outreach, anyone ?

Can't help but feel that the last thing our political system needs is a 27 year old on secondment from accountants Deloitte to Conservative HQ... Her only life experience is from the cosy and incestuous bubble of Westminster politics and the City of London. Sound like a reform candidate to you? Or just another affluent career politician with nothing to bring to the table a la Blair and Cameron?

6243, is that the number of 'public sector non jobbers' relying on ZanuLabour for employment in Norwich North, Interesting.
For every public sector non-jobber there's a private sector fraudster!

Labour will spin this as a tory majority of only 7,000. They will try to hide the fact that they only got 46% of the number of votes that the tories got.

Liebours share of the vote has collapsed fron 44% to 18%. You cant spin that.

Someone made the point that in the lead-up to the 1992 general election, the Conservatives lost seats in 8 consecutive by-elections but still won the general election.

The difference then was that people expected Kinnock's semi-new Labour to win the general election up until the last minute, but it seems his pre-election victory rally and the footage of him punching the air and shouting -"wo-right! wo-right!" several times changed public opinion at the very last minute. This time round I don't think anyone can conceive of Labour winning the next election, even if they have a new and better leader.

Any new Labour leader would have to make promises beneficial to a big enough %age of the voting population and deliver on those promises before the election - not a chance. So they are stuck with Brown - ha ha ha.

I don't think even Cameroon is incompetent enough to stuff this one.

It is a true shame that we aren't discussing who is the most competent to lead our country out of this depression, but who is likely to do the least damage - this is where a Hitler-esque character takes charge I'm afraid.

Someone made the point that in the lead-up to the 1992 general election, the Conservatives lost seats in 8 consecutive by-elections but still won the general election.

The difference then was that people expected Kinnock's semi-new Labour to win the general election up until the last minute, but it seems his pre-election victory rally and the footage of him punching the air and shouting -"wo-right! wo-right!" several times changed public opinion at the very last minute. This time round I don't think anyone can conceive of Labour winning the next election, even if they have a new and better leader.

pre-election victory rally

I wonder if the pre-economic-miracle-boom debt binge these last 5 yrs of GB's bears any relation

or is it a pre-defeat party 'fook it let's ruin the country'

They may have to pay a few more, Director of Diversity Outreach, anyone ?

but they're all very closely related to one-another and got their jobs cos of who-they-know...

is that a common surname there then?

The night I sat up watching a certain Kinnochio victory evolve into a Major win remains one of the funniest and most enjoyable election specials of my life.

It wasn't just the result, it was the gradual revelation on the faces of all involved that the geeky guy on the box had done them, and the windbag had blown himself out.

I have hopes that 2010 will surpass it for sheer unbridled joy; the aim being that I am there to watch live the moment as Brown is dragged from Downing Street by men in white costs.