Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Wot No Question Time Thread?

Recommended Posts

Time was when we had a question time thread!

On now

The Hoon

George Galloway (amongst others)

Yes I know, should have watched Newsnight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL.

I'm with ya

And as for Galloway - what a knobber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galloway is a political parasite.

Latches onto what will win him votes with no actual allegiance or real view.

Interesting he got put down by the Asian bird and he didn't even reply. Not like him. Maybe he knows he is just full of pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that among all the plaudits for Dr Ian Gibson's (Norwich North MP) good constituency work, no one mentioned what he was actually sacked for. He let his civil servant daughter and her partner live permanently in his taxpayer funded second-home, rent free, while he was there only a minority of the time.

So we subsidised the lifestyle of his kids - with our taxes.

He might have been a good local MP - but he was totally out of order, misusing tax payer's money, and was rightly thrown out.

He might have been a scapegoat, but his specific housing antics deserved to be found out and punished.

Source: The Telegraph. The Complete Expenses Files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grammar Schools, never went to one. Shirley Williams just made a statement that 20% got into the Grammar post 11+, yet somehow the other 80% were abandoned. What crap! Misguided dogma.

My Liverpool comp was just down the road from a grammar, but we did alright, had some bright kids too. I never felt I missed out or that Grammars were somehow evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grammar Schools, never went to one. Shirley Williams just made a statement that 20% got into the Grammar post 11+, yet somehow the other 80% were abandoned. What crap! Misguided dogma.

My Liverpool comp was just down the road from a grammar, but we did alright, had some bright kids too. I never felt I missed out or that Grammars were somehow evil.

Seconded. I went to a Grammar school and we had our ratio of dropouts. Met up with a old friend in the 90swho went to the local comprehensive '75 - '82. He's a doctor, a GP. They were NOT abandonded Shirley.

In fact our grammar school had some poor facilities, e.g. no metalwork room. Playing fields off site 1 mile away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seconded. I went to a Grammar school and we had our ratio of dropouts. Met up with a old friend in the 90swho went to the local comprehensive '75 - '82. He's a doctor, a GP. They were NOT abandonded Shirley.

In fact our grammar school had some poor facilities, e.g. no metalwork room. Playing fields off site 1 mile away!

Yes - I noticed Shirley said things were looking up for state schools because all of the most recent PMs except for Blair went to state schools. So where did they all go:

Harold Wilson - Wirral GRAMMAR school

Ted Heath - Chatham House GRAMMAR school

Jim Callaghan - Portsmouth Northern GRAMMAR school

Margaret Thatcher - Kesteven and Grantham Girls GRAMMAR School

John Major - comprehensive (well he was useless!)

Tony Blair - private school

Gordon Brown - Kirkcaldy High GRAMMAR School

David Cameron - Eton

So Shirley explain why before you abolished them state grammar schools were producing our PMs but since you abolished them in the 70s the public school boys are back in charge.

Ending grammar schools was the worst thing we ever did for the working class and social mobility in the UK. Will we ever get a working class state school boy as PM again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes - I noticed Shirley said things were looking up for state schools because all of the most recent PMs except for Blair went to state schools. So where did they all go:

Harold Wilson - Wirral GRAMMAR school

Ted Heath - Chatham House GRAMMAR school

Jim Callaghan - Portsmouth Northern GRAMMAR school

Margaret Thatcher - Kesteven and Grantham Girls GRAMMAR School

John Major - comprehensive (well he was useless!)

Tony Blair - private school

Gordon Brown - Kirkcaldy High GRAMMAR School

David Cameron - Eton

So Shirley explain why before you abolished them state grammar schools were producing our PMs but since you abolished them in the 70s the public school boys are back in charge.

Ending grammar schools was the worst thing we ever did for the working class and social mobility in the UK. Will we ever get a working class state school boy as PM again?

I think grammar schools should be brought back. However, I don't doubt that through failing the 11+ some folk ended up doing worse academically than they might have done. The point is that most did better and there clearly was more social mobility than we have now, so the net overall result was better.

The dogma is trying to make all people equal or a system that's perfect. I always imagine the educational establishment being presented some idea for teaching kids to read and asking 'will it make all kids read?' The answer to which is 99.9% to which the educational establishment reply 'if it's not 100% it's no good, back to equal mediocrity for all'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes - I noticed Shirley said things were looking up for state schools because all of the most recent PMs except for Blair went to state schools. So where did they all go:

Harold Wilson - Wirral GRAMMAR school

Ted Heath - Chatham House GRAMMAR school

Jim Callaghan - Portsmouth Northern GRAMMAR school

Margaret Thatcher - Kesteven and Grantham Girls GRAMMAR School

John Major - comprehensive (well he was useless!)

Tony Blair - private school

Gordon Brown - Kirkcaldy High GRAMMAR School

David Cameron - Eton

So Shirley explain why before you abolished them state grammar schools were producing our PMs but since you abolished them in the 70s the public school boys are back in charge.

Ending grammar schools was the worst thing we ever did for the working class and social mobility in the UK. Will we ever get a working class state school boy as PM again?

Correction

John Major Rutlish GRAMMAR school which is now a comprehensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Correction

John Major Rutlish GRAMMAR school which is now a comprehensive

Well the private school boys rule now - says it all really. Will we ever get another 'working class made good' PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galloway certainly stuck a length up Hoon over arms to the Saudi's.

He certainly did. Still a knobber though.

As for the Schools question - the last two imbeciles have been educated up here in Jockland. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shirley Williams is still alive? :o

bustamove.gif

she made an excellent point about the UK not becoming another Brazil where the disparity between rich and poor is truly shocking. She also said that in the current climate and because of the division between rich and poor, that it was ouragious that bankers whom have ruined us walk away with 16 million and other bankers are paid millions for failure whilst most people struggle by and 100th of the bankers salary.

She got a well deserved aplause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geoff Hoon just showed how out of touch Labour are.

When they were talking about expenses, to justify the thieving he said that we didn't want a situation where only rich people could be politicians. Then a bit later he had the nerve to repeat it!

Their basic pay is £66k a year even before the expense thieving and other jobs.

It had to be seen to be believed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Hoon just showed how out of touch Labour are.

When they were talking about expenses, to justify the thieving he said that we didn't want a situation where only rich people could be politicians. Then a bit later he had the nerve to repeat it!

Their basic pay is £66k a year even before the expense thieving and other jobs.

It had to be seen to be believed.

And you can pay your husband/wife out of your office expenses which can be up to (I think) £100k a year to sit at home and watch porn. And they have the nerve to complain about benefit cheats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Major - comprehensive (well he was useless!)

Useless or not, John Major went to Rutlish GRAMMAR School.

'Rutlish School':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutlish_School

Rutlish School is a comprehensive school for boys. It is in Watery Lane, Merton Park, south-west London. It was formerly a grammar school.

It is noted for caning its most famous alumnus politician, British Prime Minister Sir John Major in its former grammar school period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   292 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.