House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest happy?

More Diseased Parasites On Their Way From Europe

Guest Skinty

Oh goody, like we need more ticks in this country ...

Whatever you may think of midges, horse flies, spiders etc. It pales into insignificance once people start having to deal with ticks I find.

Edited by Skinty

Don't forget the Japanese barnacle. Vicious little blighter.

Japanese Knotweed is another one to worry about. Perfect ground cover for the Siberian Chipmunk.

Japanese Knotweed is another one to worry about. Perfect ground cover for the Siberian Chipmunk.

But luckily:

Knotweed Predator

The public's views are being sought on the introduction of a plant-eating predator from Asia into Britain to help control Japanese knotweed.

Scientists have identified an insect that keeps the superweed under control in its native home of Japan and think it could do the same in Britain.

Peter.

AIDS. started in a bottom somewhere in Africa.

Swine Flu, which started in Amerwica, and affects hard working families.

Gordon Brown from Up North.

Excellent, they are cute and fluffy too so the animal rights lot will get upset if someone tries drowning one on its way across the channel.

Never one to forgo a repost opportunity...

Untitled_2.jpg

Untitled_1.jpg

chipmunk.jpg

post-13003-1248363860_thumb.jpg

post-13003-1248363864_thumb.jpg

post-13003-1248363868_thumb.jpg

Excellent, they are cute and fluffy too so the animal rights lot will get upset if someone tries drowning one on its way across the channel.

A cute,fluffy,disease-ridden,endurance-swimming killing machine :ph34r:

Similar to the rabid dogs (also cuddly things folk have as pets) that have not invaded the UK for decades.

I will immediately panic, buy a book on how to build my own coracle, and start a hermit's life on a remote island.

Ticks? - Don't most furry creatures that walk in the parks in the UK already have them?

.... spiders ....

Brown recluse? - We get them here.

A minority of brown recluse spider bites form a necrotizing ulcer that destroys soft tissue and may take months to heal, leaving deep scars. The damaged tissue will become gangrenous and eventually slough away. The initial bite frequently cannot be felt and there may be no pain, but over time the wound may grow to as large as 25 cm (10 inches) in extreme cases. Bites usually become painful and itchy within 2 to 8 hours; pain and other local effects worsen 12 to 36 hours after the bite with the necrosis developing over the next few days.[8]

Serious systemic effects may occur before this time, as the venom spreads throughout the body in minutes. Mild symptoms include nausea, vomiting, fever, rashes, and muscle and joint pain. Rarely more severe symptoms occur including hemolysis, thrombocytopenia, and disseminated intravascular coagulation.

But luckily:

Knotweed Predator

Peter.

Thank God for the Knotweed Predator!!

But invariably there's a downside. It will doubtless be found that the Predator's presence here dramatically enhances the reproductive activities of the Chinese Mitten Crab.

Ticks? - Don't most furry creatures that walk in the parks in the UK already have them?

Speak for your own furry creature Laura - mine's entirely tick free - I examine it carefully every night to keep it that way.

;)

Guest happy?

Ah, but they mentioned Lyme's Disease. There should have been a swine flu angle though.

What is going to eat the Predator?

Bankers? They've had everything else...

Edited by juvenal

Ah, but they mentioned Lyme's Disease. There should have been a swine flu angle though.
apr 400.

Speak for your own furry creature Laura - mine's entirely tick free - I examine it carefully every night to keep it that way.

Angle? - Pubic sector early retirement? :unsure:

Edited by Laura

lost me??

Your tick-free small furry creature apr.

Oh dear, I think I may be in big trouble - again :(

EDIT:- check apr400's profile. 'Gender not set'. Hmmm

Edited by Laura

Your tick-free small furry creature apr.

Oh dear, I think I may be in big trouble - again :(

EDIT:- check apr400's profile. 'Gender not set'. Hmmm

I failed an exam cos i thought it should be tick free.