House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZR_Seanie

Savings Help

Hello All

I had a row with the Halifax today as i went overdrawn for 2 hours while moving some money around last week and they have applied a £35 bank charge.

I have my savings with the in a websaver also and its earning 0.15% which is rubbish i know

Where can i stick my savings with a good interest rate and have access if i need it.

I see Llyods do a 3.08% account called incentive saver but you need to open a current account with them.

Where is good right now to save in your educated opinions???

Thanks

Hello All

I had a row with the Halifax today as i went overdrawn for 2 hours while moving some money around last week and they have applied a £35 bank charge.

I have my savings with the in a websaver also and its earning 0.15% which is rubbish i know

Where can i stick my savings with a good interest rate and have access if i need it.

I see Llyods do a 3.08% account called incentive saver but you need to open a current account with them.

Thanks

http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/ find the best for you

Hello All

Thanks

ING are paying 3% on any new savings account with no penalties and paid monthly.

ING are paying 3% on any new savings account with no penalties and paid monthly.

I have the majority of my cash with Ing. They have a web-based interface that works OK, and they haven't messed me about.

Just have to remember not to leave it there when my first year's bonus rate expires in about six months.

Isn't the ING bonus only for "New Customers" , so if you closed an account with them years ago and apply for this account you don't get the bonus .

Sainsbury's Bank are paying 2.80% . http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/savings/sa...ings_zone.shtml

No doubt they'll reduce the rate soon though (as per normal) .

Isn't the ING bonus only for "New Customers" , so if you closed an account with them years ago and apply for this account you don't get the bonus .

Sainsbury's Bank are paying 2.80% . http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/savings/sa...ings_zone.shtml

No doubt they'll reduce the rate soon though (as per normal) .

That's what I thought and questioned them when their rate went up to 3%. I closed down my original account and then opened up another at the 'New Customer' rate. Only pain was having to send the proof of identity again for relevant checks, even though I kept the same customer number, just different account number.