House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Anyone Used The Daily Telegraph Website In The Last 3 Days?

I sit just me or my ISP - or is it down more than half the time? Anyone else having similar problems with it?

I sit just me or my ISP - or is it down more than half the time? Anyone else having similar problems with it?

Slow as a tortoise for me too. Also I hate their new mobile service - can't find half the articles I want to read :angry:

i've had real bad problems - sometimes doesn't load up at all, sometimes half loads up

using firefox

recently upgraded to 3.0.12

not got 3.5 yet

i've had real bad problems - sometimes doesn't load up at all, sometimes half loads up

using firefox

recently upgraded to 3.0.12

not got 3.5 yet

I emailed them and they replied:

thanks for your message. we are aware of the problem. and we're looking into it.

(from one Chris Evans!)

nope, has been inaccessible for days now. i always did find it clunky but i haven't been able to get on since last week.

I've found it's been too slow to use for about a week now.

The Wikipedia entry on the Telegraph says:

"Most recently, the website crashed in the week commencing 19 July, 2009 and has been essentially non-functional ever since."

Not that it really matters. Anyone missing their fix of Euroscepticism will be well served here: http://eureferendum.blogspot.com

The site always has a lot of sensible-sounding stuff about events in Afghanistan as well.

I submitted a compaint to telegraph a few days ago, saying that their site no longer worked with firefox but was working fine with IE8. My tone was apologetic- "I'm sure you have already been made aware of this problem" etc etc. They replied and said it was my computer or maybe my web browser. Thanks guys.

Today I installed a firefox addin which enables you to launch an IE tab within firefox. The advantage is that you can specify that certain sites / bookmarks always load up on an IE tab within firefox. This has done the trick for me- it now works fine.

I am using firefox 3.5.1