House Price Crash Forum

If Steve Gerrad Gets Locked Up...

HOLA441

Job losses.

Massive debts.

Companies going bust left right and center.

Massive government debt.

Massive housing bubble being proped up by dead duck government at our expense.

Corruption.

Thieving MPs.

Celebrity (talentless) Culture, with idiots getting paid for being nowt special.

Poncy overpaid footballers wanting more and more money even though everyone has less and less money.

It has to end....might as well be now.

Gerard is a damn fine footballer.

However, he is a role model for all the fans/kids of this country so if he is guilty he should be locked up and thrown out the national team.

Could this be the straw that breaks the Camels back ?

The fans in the U.S. have told beckham what they think of him...some advocate for football he is...wanted a decent game so left 'em. What a self obsessed dick 'ed.

HOLA442

Nah, the mindless tribalism will only assert itself more strongly.

Beckham got booed because he let the side down. Liverpool fans will largely either rally behind him or ignore it. I have always followed them being a native but I think he's been a total dickhead over this, but after all it's not exactly the sport of gentlemen is it?

Anyone think it's imaginable to read in the papers that Roger Federer has been arrested for beating someone up in a bar? And he's a year younger than Gerrard.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
tony adams did jail time.

the law makes no exceptions, so we are told. here is a chance to prove it.

Tony Adams was done for drink driving, not assault. If you think Gerard should be treated the same as everyone else, then he should get a £200 fine and community service.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Me personally, i thinkn it's jail time. He's pleaded innocence and they seem to have video footage of him swining Punches. The judge/magistrate wont give a toss about some jumped up working class footballing idiot, who shoud,quite rightly be a role model, and lock #em up. You can see it coming.

If I were paying someone 5 million quid to be a role mode, professional athelete, captain, i'd sack 'em for what he did, not rally round 'em. I thinn it'a bit sad that any footbll team would put winning above some childs disillusionment....that's why at some people people have got to wake up and think..who are these dickheads...and switch the TV off.

HOLA449

The charge is affray -even if guilty it only carries 1 year suspended and 229 hrs community service max .

If he was a Rugby Union player they would have called it high spirits or Public school japes and it wouldn`t even have reached court ...

HOLA4410
The charge is affray -even if guilty it only carries 1 year suspended and 229 hrs community service max .

If he was a Rugby Union player they would have called it high spirits or Public school japes and it wouldn`t even have reached court ...

Unless it was that ghastly working class rugby player Cipriani. His Mater was a Dinner Matron the peasant.

Re Gerrard: So he had a row down the pub. They'd have to look up half the country if they put him away for that.

HOLA4411

Seriously, get a grip. What he was accused of happens every night in pubs and clubs throughout the country. This should never have got as far as it has. It's a fine at most, the charge cannot carry a jail sentence.

And anyway, that CCTV footage is so grainy you can hardly tell what the hell is going on. Wait for witness reports (of which there were many) before drawing conclusions.

HOLA4412

Beckham got booed because he let the side down. Liverpool fans will largely either rally behind him or ignore it. I have always followed them being a native but I think he's been a total dickhead over this, but after all it's not exactly the sport of gentlemen is it?

Anyone think it's imaginable to read in the papers that Roger Federer has been arrested for beating someone up in a bar? And he's a year younger than Gerrard.

The difference is that football isn't a purely middle class spectator sport, unlike tennis. A sport supported partially by Chavs is bound to have incidents like this involving the players.

I'll bet the allegedly punched man is not a Liverpool supporter, but I'll bet he is a football fan of a Merseyside team.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Me personally, i thinkn it's jail time. He's pleaded innocence and they seem to have video footage of him swining Punches. The judge/magistrate wont give a toss about some jumped up working class footballing idiot, who shoud,quite rightly be a role model, and lock #em up. You can see it coming.

He's admitted the punches. Anyway, he would be much better doing community service - he could bring a lot of happiness to a lot of people that way. Free coaching lessons for locals, etc. It would be putting him to best use.

HOLA4416

If I were paying someone 5 million quid to be a role mode, professional athelete, captain, i'd sack 'em for what he did, not rally round 'em. I thinn it'a bit sad that any footbll team would put winning above some childs disillusionment....that's why at some people people have got to wake up and think..who are these dickheads...and switch the TV off.

People like you should not be allowed on here you should be certified go and look in the mirror!

HOLA4417
Guest theboltonfury

correct. He's not exactly the first footballer to get into bother.

When a paralytic Tony Adams planted his Range Rover in to the front room of a Spurs fan did football crumble then? QED

HOLA4418
Guest X-QUORK

I'm not a big fan of footy, but I'm disappointed with Gerrard. He's a key player for England and I thought he had an air of quiet authority on the pitch. No doubt younger players will see how he behaves off the pitch and follow his lead.

HOLA4419

I think it is a great shame as he is a role model, but as a result of this, he needs to be treated like anyone else in this situation, so that young people can see the consequences of violence and breaking the law. It would be good to see him doing some community service though, and giving something back

HOLA4420

The footballing exploits of the defendant in this case are irrelevant. As is the fact that a criminal conviction of any kind can prevent him travelling abroad for any purpose.

He clearly cannot control either his alcohol intake or his temper.

Until he can undergo the relevant therapy, he is a potential danger to the public.

A custodial sentence is required for the public good.

HOLA4421
Guest theboltonfury
The footballing exploits of the defendant in this case are irrelevant. As is the fact that a criminal conviction of any kind can prevent him travelling abroad for any purpose.

He clearly cannot control either his alcohol intake or his temper.

Until he can undergo the relevant therapy, he is a potential danger to the public.

Once a scouser has tasted blood...........

HOLA4422

It's "affray" he's not going to jail - end of. Not an option.

The others have plead guilty, I guess he's just hoping that his fame would get him off.

Option of a retrial in Manchester perhaps?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
People like you should not be allowed on here you should be certified go and look in the mirror!

Gee thanks for your constructive criticism, you're obviously a Gerard Fan. You would be better placed getting a better role model. Though I can see if he is your role model why you've posted such an idiotic comment.

It's "affray" he's not going to jail - end of. Not an option.

http://www.wikicrimeline.co.uk/index.php?title=Affray

"An offence under section 3 is triable either way. The maximum penalty on conviction on indictment is three years' imprisonment and/or a fine of unlimited amount. On summary conviction the maximum penalty is six months' imprisonment and/or a fine not exceeding level 5. Under section 3 of the Act, it must be proved that a person has used or threatened: "

Unlikely I know, but an option. Would be less likely if it were world cup year. But they do like to make an example of these people and quite rightly so.

Archived