House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
InternationalRockSuperstar

Alan Grayson: "which Foreigners Got The Fed's $500,000,000,000?"

More punch and judy nonsense.

If they don't want a central bank - get rid of it.

These are the same politicians who approved giving Paulson the TARP money - They're all as stupid as each other.

Guest X-QUORK
More punch and judy nonsense.

If they don't want a central bank - get rid of it.

These are the same politicians who approved giving Paulson the TARP money - They're all as stupid as each other.

I agree in principle, but until that happens it's good to see Chopper Ben being made to look a chump.

I agree in principle, but until that happens it's good to see Chopper Ben being made to look a chump.

A shelf stacker would not get away with that sh!t.

"Where are the discounted cornflakes delivered yesterday?"

"I don't know"

Hmmmm

Congressman Louis McFadden tried that.

let's just say he didn't live much longer.

I just find it a bit stupid that these same people were probably (I'm guessing) supporting Pelosi when she agree the TARP and all the pork barrelling.

All they ever seem to do is ask a few "gotcha" questions after the event and then let it slide.

If they're really serious about 1/2 trillion being 'given' to foreign central banks why don't they go on hunger strike, or chain themselves to the front door, or stop passing Obama's appointments or something.

I agree with you in principle that Congress (and here) have little understanding at all what the FED do. But it's up to them to do something about it - It's not up to Bernanke.

I just find it a bit stupid that these same people were probably (I'm guessing) supporting Pelosi when she agree the TARP and all the pork barrelling.

All they ever seem to do is ask a few "gotcha" questions after the event and then let it slide.

If they're really serious about 1/2 trillion being 'given' to foreign central banks why don't they go on hunger strike, or chain themselves to the front door, or stop passing Obama's appointments or something.

I agree with you in principle that Congress (and here) have little understanding at all what the FED do. But it's up to them to do something about it - It's not up to Bernanke.

I don't know about the other guy, but kaptur went absolutely batshit at the time. She laid out the whole game being played -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27yitK32ds

The problem of course is that they want to change things using the system. Which means nothing changes because the system is the problem.

I suspect it was mainly us. And I don't mean US.

Yes, I suspect so. One day our descendants will discover that the US kept the UK going in 2009. They could have sent us Jennifer Aniston's bottom as well.

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before - on what do you base it?

As far as I'm aware, alot of the TARP money went to Barclays, Banque National De Paris, and (I think) CreditSuisse via the AIG bailout.

That's OTOMH though.

The problem of course is that they want to change things using the system. Which means nothing changes because the system is the problem.

amen.