House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markinspain

'rocky' Gerrard Going Down?

IF he gets convicted he'll get a fine (like he'll care) and community service or maybe a suspended sentence at the very most.

Very likely. Not a certainly though, otherwise he'd not be fighting the case when all his sidekicks have put in a guilty plea. Or perhaps he thinks there is one law for his mates and another for footballers.

Not good if you're a Liverpool fan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD7dPqkFbdE

All looks a bit like handbags at dawn! It does seem from the injuries suffered that a couple of good punches were landed by Gerrard but there does seem to have been some sort of dispute in advance. Who knows what was said to provoke him? Alcohol can make people more aggressive.

Not sure this is really worth court time and this level of media attention.

Guest theboltonfury
All looks a bit like handbags at dawn! It does seem from the injuries suffered that a couple of good punches were landed by Gerrard but there does seem to have been some sort of dispute in advance. Who knows what was said to provoke him? Alcohol can make people more aggressive.

He's only up for Affray, so it's not custodial I shouldn't have thought.

I would have thought it would have been a straightforward job at the local mags - not Crown.

Hope he gets locked up until next may :lol:

Hope they let him out on day release for training and World cup preparation though :lol:

Guest theboltonfury

Hope they let him out on day release for training and World cup preparation though :lol:

If Cantona can do a flying kick on someone's head and get a Friday afternoon teaching kids how to head the ball, I don't think Gerrard's liberty is under threat.

As you say, we need him for South Africa.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, and I don't care for Gerrard one way or the other, but the phrase "storm in a teacup" comes to mind.

When they are standing at the bar, it looks to me like the other guy (in the white shirt) throwing the first punch. Steven Gerrard then retaliates.

I understand the other man required hospital treatment, but looking at the CCTV it doesn't look like an unprovoked random attack on a stranger, like with the braindead Leeds player some time ago. It's more a case if a few high-spirited lads in a bar, and a silly argument, fuelled by alcohol, getting out of hand.

Guest theboltonfury
I'm not a Liverpool fan, and I don't care for Gerrard one way or the other, but the phrase "storm in a teacup" comes to mind.

When they are standing at the bar, it looks to me like the other guy (in the white shirt) throwing the first punch. Steven Gerrard then retaliates.

I understand the other man required hospital treatment, but looking at the CCTV it doesn't look like an unprovoked random attack on a stranger, like with the braindead Leeds player some time ago. It's more a case if a few high-spirited lads in a bar, and a silly argument, fuelled by alcohol, getting out of hand.

Exactly, probably one of 500 similar incidents that night in Lancashire. (Southport is in Lancs or Merseyside?)

Lawyers having a field day, a chancer after compo and Gerrard highlighted as someone that can throw an uppercut.

Give Gerrard a Community Service Order sweeping the streets at the weekend around Chelsea's ground....

Give Gerrard a Community Service Order sweeping the streets at the weekend around Chelsea's ground....

Nearest he`ll get to a job down at the bridge now :lol:

Guest theboltonfury
Nearest he`ll get to a job down at the bridge now :lol:

My eyes are playing tricks on me surely. I read that Drogba has just got a new deal at CFC?

My eyes are playing tricks on me surely. I read that Drogba has just got a new deal at CFC?

He's in the process of signing, but looking for a pen. :lol:

P.S. With Gerrard we all know there's a law for the rich and a law for the poor - fine max.

Mixed feelings about that one.... Great striker but brings great shame to me as a supporter of Chelsea and Football. After the shambles of the Champions league semi, someone must have had a word with him and he did not go to ground feigning injury once after that and was superb for the final few games.

He would be up there with the best in the world if he could just stay on his fecking feet and stop time wasting.

I detect an air of increasing desperation in the Defence case here.

Gerrard admits to being 70% drunk; attempts to commandeer the music facilities in the club, and when remonstrated with, violently assaults a man with repeated punches.

'Self defence' is a last resort defence, usually of the patently guilty.

Let's hope that the claimed 'celebrity' of this violent oaf does not blind the Bench to the clear need for a stiff custodial sentence.

IF he gets convicted he'll get a fine (like he'll care) and community service or maybe a suspended sentence at the very most.

Correct. He's charged with affray, a minor crime.