House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Spider

Am I Missing Something .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8161479.stm

Eye removal attacker walks free

David Barry

David Barry said the attack changed his life

A teenager has been given a community order for a "terrifying assault" on a father-of-one that left him needing surgery to remove his eye.

Zachery Applegate, 19, of Crayford Road, Oldham, was one of a gang of youths who attacked David Barry on Oldham Road, Failsworth in April 2007.

He pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm.

Applegate was sentenced at Minshull Street Crown Court to a 12-month order with 150 hours unpaid work.

Mr Barry, 45, had his right eye removed after he was beaten to the ground by his assailants.

In a victim impact statement read to the court, he said his "life would never be the same again" and he was "fearful of groups of people".

"Before the incident I was a very happy-go-lucky kind of person. I was confident in anything I did.

It hit home and I realised that my life would never be the same again

David Barry, victim

"I enjoyed family life, having a wife and son, and we would regularly enjoy going out together.

"Since being assaulted I have a totally different outlook on life. I am now part-disabled, which has had a massive impact on my confidence.

"I no longer enjoy activities I used to take for granted with my family.

"The assault has also had a massive impact on my employment as an extruder operator and I had to take a retest to use a forklift truck.

"I failed the test and became upset - it hit home and I realised that my life would never be the same again."

After the hearing, Det Sgt Jason Byrne said: "David was an innocent man that was subjected to a horrendous and terrifying assault.

"All he wanted to do was go out and enjoy a few drinks.

"His injuries were appalling but they could have been even worse, such was the ferocity of the attack."

Why are we not cutting these fuccers throats on mass ????

That's disgusting, should be 5 years minimum for anything that leads to permanent disability, not a measly 150 hours community service.

Still, you get what you vote for, and unfortunately, UK citizens are pretty retarded when it comes to voting thanks to their "I'm alright Jack" mentality.

If this stuff keeps heading in the same direction, a lot of people are going to start taking the law into their own hands.

After all, why not retaliate and take an eye for an eye when you know you're only going to get a short bit of community service for it?