House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Congreve

Enough Economics! What's Your Favourite Video Game Of All Time?

It's tough, so many to choose from, but Resident Evil 4 is definitely up there, as is Elite, CoD2, CoD4 and GTAIV.

Goldeneye. :)

This would be up there; along with Mario Kart but I would have to say Counter Strike.

Yep, love a bit of Mario Kart, with you on that one. Although I got totally killed playing Counter Strike in Aussie internet cafes by all these Chinese dudes when I was travelling over there, sort of put me off.

Best recent game is fallout 3 - specially for us doomsters.

The little bunkers with the skeletons, the dollars and the tins of beans - top stuff.

tribes next follow the link down load the game, i'll bet you it'll be the last and only game you'll ever play.

Not sure I should, I've got enough drainage on my precious time with the PS3 and HPC as it is!

Civilisation would be my desert island game (any and all PC versions).

...why do I have the sinking feeling the anarcho-whatevers will be shaking their heads and tutting ;)

Falcon 4 Allied Force runs a close second.

Then again, would I want to live in a world that had never known Jet Set Willy? Tricky.

Best recent game is fallout 3 - specially for us doomsters.

The little bunkers with the skeletons, the dollars and the tins of beans - top stuff.

Defo agree with Fallout 3. More games should have shoulder launched nukes as a weapon. I only wish they'd do a UK city version ;-)

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and 4. Games like these deserve a weekend session alone.

Half-Life 2

COD4

IL-2 Sturmovik

It seems us HPCers are particularly fond of any video game that involves violence and warfare. All our video game practice in the art of killing people should certainly come in handy when negoiating the wastelands of the forthcoming economic apocalypse.

What was that game which had a multiplayer level which was great for sniping with two towers - facing worlds? I remeber there being capture the flag in it - does that sound like Unreal Tournament?

What was that game which had a multiplayer level which was great for sniping with two towers - facing worlds? I remeber there being capture the flag in it - does that sound like Unreal Tournament?

Yes, Unreal Tournament, that's the one. That was the nuts, loved it!

Sounds like one of the Quakes. A few maps were like that.