House Price Crash Forum

Can Anyone Work Out How To Get Into The Sitting Room?

HOLA441
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Improved layout, with much easier access to the sitting room from the kitchen.

And insurance is cheaper, as it's unlikely you'll leave a door or window open...

are you forcing the new owners to buy the house containing the old owners?

Edited by moosetea

HOLA445
I (like most of you) suspect there's a door from the entrance vestibule into the living room which the estate agents have missed-off.

I think one very desperate estate agent is publishing dodgy floor plans in order to drum up interest on forums like this! :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
It's OK. I've sorted it:

sorted.gif

Great laugh!

Does TelePod #3 come with a resident Swedish Faux-pair?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
There's two possible explanations:

Number 1 - they drew the door in the kitchen on the wrong side

pic1nqy.jpg

You can see in the photo that there is a door to the car port and the front of the house. The picture of the cooker doesn't fit unless the floor plan is correct.

HOLA4411
Well, people don't buy houses as a place to live any more. Oh no. That stopped in about 1999. It is to be bought purely an investment, and so doors aren't strictly necessary.

Yes putting in doors is like taking the shrink-wrapping off. You don't want to advertise to all and sundry that your 'investment' might have been lived in.

HOLA4412
Guest happy?
You can see in the photo that there is a door to the car port and the front of the house. The picture of the cooker doesn't fit unless the floor plan is correct.

It just doesn't fit. The photo of the cooker shows a window frame to the right. The sink would have to be on the vestibule wall for this to work. But if that were the kitchen layout the door from the vestibule should be in shot on the left side of the photo, it clearly isn't so my guess is that the floorplan is wrong!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
It just doesn't fit. The photo of the cooker shows a window frame to the right. The sink would have to be on the vestibule wall for this to work. But if that were the kitchen layout the door from the vestibule should be in shot on the left side of the photo, it clearly isn't so my guess is that the floorplan is wrong!

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
This hilarious thread needs bumped!

Of course if they take the Beeny-knock-all-the walls-out option, that's probably the only way to fit a double bed in if is a new build.

There used to be a normal looking (from the outside) bog standard 70's 3 bed estate house near Dartford like that. It's probably fallen down now: When we went to view it (about 15 years ago) the first thing the owner said to us was 'Has the agent warned you?' Some muppet had knocked out all the downstairs walls and instlled an enormous free-form carp pond, complete with bridges. And carp. It was like a mini, low rent James Bond evil genius set. Upstairs (open plan staircase, natch), they had somehow contrived a sunken bath (by steps up to a raised floor in the bathroom), whilst bedrooms 2 and 3 seemed awfully familiar, and each had 2 doors to the landing.......

pmsl :lol::lol::lol:

Its probably fallen down now!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest happy?
I'm off now! :lol:

I don't think this is a good idea. The walls and doors obviously move. The estate agent was lucky to get out - but the house needed him to do so in order to attract new victims.

HOLA4421
I've given it the Beeney treatment following my original post.

Should add another 10k

beeny_treatment.gif

Edit - I've realised that the 'open end' might not support the roof now, but that's a cosmetic issue.

You need to have an en-suite. That is very important. And an upstairs bathroom. Better do a loft conversion just so you can get that.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I've found what looks like another bungalow on the same road here

http://www.propertyfinder.com/cgi-bin/rsea...mp;id=504575550

I don't think it's the same one, because it doesn't have a car port and it appears to be the opposite half of a semi-detached pair.

There's no floor plan, but from the description, apparently the kitchen only has one door, i.e. to the outside, and Bedroom 1 has a patio door, originally to the outside presumably, but now to the conservatory.

So maybe all the bungalows on this road were built with similar eccentric layouts.

I'm sure you'll let me know if I've got this wrong.