House Price Crash Forum
hedgefunded

Can Anyone Work Out How To Get Into The Sitting Room?

So... if someone locks themselves into Bedroom 1, you're all basically fukced....

Maybe you're on to why it was designed like that in the first place. Or it could just be a misprint but I would like to think the former.

This hilarious thread needs bumped!

Of course if they take the Beeny-knock-all-the walls-out option, that's probably the only way to fit a double bed in if is a new build.

There used to be a normal looking (from the outside) bog standard 70's 3 bed estate house near Dartford like that. It's probably fallen down now: When we went to view it (about 15 years ago) the first thing the owner said to us was 'Has the agent warned you?' Some muppet had knocked out all the downstairs walls and instlled an enormous free-form carp pond, complete with bridges. And carp. It was like a mini, low rent James Bond evil genius set. Upstairs (open plan staircase, natch), they had somehow contrived a sunken bath (by steps up to a raised floor in the bathroom), whilst bedrooms 2 and 3 seemed awfully familiar, and each had 2 doors to the landing.......

It's like one of those games where you can only move one matchstick to complete the puzzle.

I would say the best solution would be a door on the right hand wall of the small front vestibule through to the sitting room.

Or alternatively, to just laugh at what is essentially a brick built static caravan...

If I owned that house, I'd grow a 7ft tall box-hedge maze in the front garden, but I'd put 4 doors into every corridor so you could clearly see the centre from the street. Just to be ironic, like. :huh:

come on guys, you are forgetting the target buyer..

the fockarewe tribe can at last live where they can proudly proclaim.."We're the fockarewe"

Edited by Bloo Loo

What the floor plan fails to show is the open fireplace in the bathroom, the caravan in bedroom one (it's own special floorplan is available at request), the garage only opens up onto the back garden unfortunately, the front windows are made out of cheese. Should I go on?

That's it! You live in a caravan in the garage!

Fanstastic funny thread!

I have viewed a bungalow before where you access the conservatory via a bedroom, thus turning the bedroom into a study at best.

(South East, Final asking price before selling: £225k. Original asking price £325k.)

But never seen anything this weird!

Guest happy?

The diagram is wrong. If you compare the position of the kitchen sink to the window the door from the entrance vestibule should be in shot on the left.

If the diagram were correct the kitchen sink would also be draining out into the entrance vestibule.

It is one very badly laid-out house.

It is also a one-bedroomed bungalow. Bedroom 1 is the dining room but is being used as a bedroom - it has a door onto the patio.

I (like most of you) suspect there's a door from the entrance vestibule into the living room which the estate agents have missed-off.

Very funny thread especially the "5th dimension" post.

However I think the kitchen door to the car port is wrong. It should have been drawn with it going into the sitting room. In fact if you look at the photo's the big cooker is roughly where the door is on the plan.

I hope this solves the conumdrum!

No, you climb OVER the cooker into the extractor (not shown - bad photography really) and squeeze through the metal chimney to come out in the lounge.

It appears to me that to get to the sitting room you have to go through the entrance hall, kitchen, car port, garage, out to the patio, in through bedroom 1, into the hallway and then finally you're at the sitting room.

... or you could use the stairs:

escher-relativity-woodcut-small.jpg