House Price Crash Forum
hedgefunded

Can Anyone Work Out How To Get Into The Sitting Room?

Here's the house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-25577534.html

Here's the floorplan:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/mediaV...ntMediaNumber=0

It appears to me that to get to the sitting room you have to go through the entrance hall, kitchen, car port, garage, out to the patio, in through bedroom 1, into the hallway and then finally you're at the sitting room.

I'm sure it's worth it.

Yes, I was looking at the floorplan of a three bedroomed house on Rightmove today, and two of the bedrooms, as well as the bathroom and toilet appear to have been bricked off.

Here's the house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-25577534.html

Here's the floorplan:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/mediaV...ntMediaNumber=0

It appears to me that to get to the sitting room you have to go through the entrance hall, kitchen, car port, garage, out to the patio, in through bedroom 1, into the hallway and then finally you're at the sitting room.

I'm sure it's worth it.

Just create a hatch between the kitchen and the sitting room.

Then squeeze yourself through the hatch.

Or, like you say, walk all round your house (bungalow) to your food or cup of tea . :huh::(

21719_WEL050011_FLP_00_0000_l.GIF

The question is why wasn't this resolved?

Either the prev/current owners made it this way (the husband locked his wife in the kitchen and did want to see her?)

or it has been like this for years....

Why Why Why?

Guests come round, and they walk under the carport and into the house via the garage, accross the patio and a bedroom before you sit down. The guests ask where is your wife? dont worry about the wife you wont see her she is locked in the kitchen cell, which is totally separated room but weirdly part of the same building, she leaves the food under the carport so it doesnt get wet, and phones me when im ready to collect it....

Edited by moosetea

Either the prev/current owners made it this way (the husband locked his wife in the kitchen and did want to see her?)

Why Why Why?

"Keep calm and carry on"

"Musn't grumble"

"Could be worse"

etc etc

I've given it the Beeney treatment following my original post.

Should add another 10k

beeny_treatment.gif

Edit - I've realised that the 'open end' might not support the roof now, but that's a cosmetic issue.

Edited by hedgefunded

Very funny thread especially the "5th dimension" post.

However I think the kitchen door to the car port is wrong. It should have been drawn with it going into the sitting room. In fact if you look at the photo's the big cooker is roughly where the door is on the plan.

I hope this solves the conumdrum!

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

What the floor plan fails to show is the open fireplace in the bathroom, the caravan in bedroom one (it's own special floorplan is available at request), the garage only opens up onto the back garden unfortunately, the front windows are made out of cheese. Should I go on?

What the floor plan fails to show is the open fireplace in the bathroom, the caravan in bedroom one (it's own special floorplan is available at request), the garage only opens up onto the back garden unfortunately, the front windows are made out of cheese. Should I go on?

Please

Why Why Why?

Guests come round, and they walk under the carport and into the house via the garage, accross the patio and a bedroom before you sit down. The guests ask where is your wife? dont worry about the wife you wont see her she is locked in the kitchen cell, which is totally separated room but weirdly part of the same building, she leaves the food under the carport so it doesnt get wet, and phones me when im ready to collect it....

Very funny!

I wonder if they have the washing machine in the kitchen? They'd have to bring the clothes all round the house to reach the airing cupboard!

I'm more worried about how they park the car, as the whole structure is built on the roof of a highrise towerblock.

I wonder if they have the washing machine in the kitchen? They'd have to bring the clothes all round the house to reach the airing cupboard!

The washing machine is probably in bedroom 2. Beside the oil tank.

There's two possible explanations:

Number 1 - they drew the door in the kitchen on the wrong side

pic1nqy.jpg

Number 2 - this is actually a new trend in property Add £££ to the value of your property by designing your house like a maze to give yourself a talking point at a dinner party. This is a status symbol as only homeowners can do such a thing and not those lowly renters. In which case this would be a better design.

pic2djb.jpg

All things considered I would have to go with 2 as the most plausible explanation given the property obssession of the british public.