House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Melchett

Are You Going To Vote?

As nearly all of them seem to be crooks, as all parties are pretty much told what to do by the bankers, the bilderbergers and the EU commissioners, as the whips mean that any given MP is just so much lobby fodder, and as there is no recorded case that I am aware of of a single vote making a difference in the sort of elections we have? Etc

Guest skullingtonjoe
Indeed... it's a little like voting between Sooty, Sweep and Sue. Whoever you get, you know it's Mathew's hand up their backside.

Nope, waste of time. I`ve got better things to do (can`t think of them yet, but I`m sure they`ll come to mind) :rolleyes:

absolutely 100% I will vote.

it's really the only opportunity to change things you are going to get.

It doesn't mean I'll be voting according to their paradigm.

forcible regime change has to remain a last-resort option,but one that must remain on the table.

if you sit on your backside and do nothing,you deserve everything that's coming to you by maintaining the status quo.

Say you had an abosolute monarch and he or she didn't take away your right to protest, didn't sign over your rights to the EU, didn't put CCTV on every corner, demanded only sound money in the kingdom, didn't tax you excessively, didn't want your DNA placed on a national computer wouldn't that be better than democracy?

Indeed, the monarch would HAVE to be benign and sweet to us because they would know that if we'd had enough of them we'd storm the palace and hang them.

In a democracy, we have to accept that voting for near identical parties all committed to shafting us and taking our rights means we have no reason to throttle our leader. That's crap.

Damn right I'll be voting. Given that if anyone other than Labour does one positive thing for me in the space of 12 years they'll have been infinitely better than Labour, it's not like there's anything to beat.

Say you had an abosolute monarch and he or she didn't take away your right to protest, didn't sign over your rights to the EU, didn't put CCTV on every corner, demanded only sound money in the kingdom, didn't tax you excessively, didn't want your DNA placed on a national computer wouldn't that be better than democracy?

Indeed, the monarch would HAVE to be benign and sweet to us because they would know that if we'd had enough of them we'd storm the palace and hang them.

In a democracy, we have to accept that voting for near identical parties all committed to shafting us and taking our rights means we have no reason to throttle our leader. That's crap.

They don't really have much of a choice.

If they don't there are enough people awake throughout russia,the EU,US,Canada,Aus who know who is really pulling the strings.

Once this coming war is over,I believe we are likely to see similtaneous revolutions throughout the anglosphere and northern hemisphere,with the corporate ruling elites in all of these countries hunted down and exterminated.

hence why bush and his cohorts seem to be making a sharp exit to paraguay.

Guest Skinty

I'll be voting SNP.

When I was living in England I was particularly worried about an early election being called as I wouldn't know who to vote for. I couldn't ever bear the thought of not voting. I see voting as a responsibility, not a right.

I decided that in such a situation I might as well give my vote to a single issue party such as the Greens.

One thing is for sure, I'd never vote Labour.

Guest skullingtonjoe
They don't really have much of a choice.

If they don't there are enough people awake throughout russia,the EU,US,Canada,Aus who know who is really pulling the strings.

Once this coming war is over,I believe we are likely to see similtaneous revolutions throughout the anglosphere and northern hemisphere,with the corporate ruling elites in all of these countries hunted down and exterminated.

hence why bush and his cohorts seem to be making a sharp exit to paraguay.

What war...do you know something we don`t? :unsure:

Having voted bnp in the euro elections and now having my own MEP, I feel democracy does work.

What war...do you know something we don`t? :unsure:

He's not called Oracle for nothing :lol:

Guest joeschmo
Whatever floats your boat I guess :huh:

Oh thanks, I have your permission to vote as I please then ? <_<

Guest anorthosite

Don't tell me you didn't notice? ;)

Guest skullingtonjoe

Don`t bother - do anyting except voting (I recommend chair keddling as a hobby) ;)

if you sit on your backside and do nothing,you deserve everything that's coming to you by maintaining the status quo.

Yeah, I always vote: I'm just struggling to find a rational reason why I do.

Guest AuntJess

it's really the only opportunity to change things you are going to get.

It doesn't mean I'll be voting according to their paradigm.

forcible regime change has to remain a last-resort option,but one that must remain on the table.

+1

I will be voting tactically to get this bunch of crooks out of power, it is just a pity that there are political parties worthy of any of our votes.

Although I dont know enough about them yet, going by the Euro elections, UKIP could actually be sucessful in breaking away from the usual 3, well 2 really.

Guest X-QUORK

I'll be voting, and I believe it's important that everyone else do the same. If you choose not to vote, you are effectively removing your right to comment on how government operates.

There are still differences between the big three, it's simply not true to say that they're all the same these days. Of course, they do all face the same problems once in government, but certain big policy differences remain unique to each party, especially on Europe and issues like ID cards.

By all means, spit your dummy out of the pram and refuse to vote, all you'll be doing is increasing my ability as a voter to influence the outcome.

Guest Skinty
Yeah, I always vote: I'm just struggling to find a rational reason why I do.

Because you don't take it for granted?

I've noticed that there are a lot of things that are taken for granted and only appreciated once they are lost,

The ability to vote is a prime example.

I'll be voting, and I believe it's important that everyone else do the same. If you choose not to vote, you are effectively removing your right to comment on how government operates.

There are still differences between the big three, it's simply not true to say that they're all the same these days. Of course, they do all face the same problems once in government, but certain big policy differences remain unique to each party, especially on Europe and issues like ID cards.

By all means, spit your dummy out of the pram and refuse to vote, all you'll be doing is increasing my ability as a voter to influence the outcome.

Have to disagree with a lot of this. Firstly. not voting shouldn't mean you have no right to comment on how the country is run. You shouldn't have to vote for someone you don't like simply to claim some right to speak. If I disagree with the policies of all the parties I should be perfectly free to say so and not lend them my support. I shouldn't be forced to vote for someone simply because they are the least worst option.

Secondly, I don't see any real differences between the two main parties. Would my life be markedly different (for better or worse) under a Tory government? No, of course it wouldn't. We would still be in the same dodgy wars, the banking system and economy would still be up the sh1tter - nothing much would be any different.

Indeed, not voting gives encouragement to new parties and ideas. A very low turn out sends a message that people are not happy and that they are looking for something different which, ultimately, is good for democracy.

Secondly, I don't see any real differences between the two main parties. Would my life be markedly different (for better or worse) under a Tory government? No, of course it wouldn't. We would still be in the same dodgy wars, the banking system and economy would still be up the sh1tter - nothing much would be any different.

Im not convinced of that, labour are the party of a big public sector, tories are not. Labour are control freaks, tories are not. Tories said in the last election they were going to do something serious about border control and immigration, labour favour open borders. Labour are soft on crime and soft on the causes, tories are not.

I personally think Id be paying a lot less tax under a tory government, but probably not under the next tory one as the money has already been wasted by labour.

Guest Skinty
Indeed, not voting gives encouragement to new parties and ideas. A very low turn out sends a message that people are not happy and that they are looking for something different which, ultimately, is good for democracy.

Then go along and spoil your vote. That way it cannot be excused as voter apathy.