House Price Crash Forum

Beds

lulu

HOLA441

Hi,

I moved recently into a new rented flat.

Ever since I have been having problems sleeping and getting a very sore back. The bed that is in the property is old and is certainly past it so I suspect the two are connected.

What are my rights for getting it replaced?

I was going to say to the agents that I would be happy to buy my own bed but would need them to remove the existing one as there is no place to store it in the flat (I suspect the LL willl think the bed in there is perfectly adaquate) does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing? Can I insist it is done?

HOLA442
Hi,

I moved recently into a new rented flat.

Ever since I have been having problems sleeping and getting a very sore back. The bed that is in the property is old and is certainly past it so I suspect the two are connected.

What are my rights for getting it replaced?

I was going to say to the agents that I would be happy to buy my own bed but would need them to remove the existing one as there is no place to store it in the flat (I suspect the LL willl think the bed in there is perfectly adaquate) does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing? Can I insist it is done?

Ask them to replace it and see what they say. If they refuse, then say you will get your own bed and ask them to remove it.

If they refuse again, come back here and we'll see what can be done about it.

Also, could it maybe be the mattress rather than the bed itself?

HOLA443
Ask them to replace it and see what they say. If they refuse, then say you will get your own bed and ask them to remove it.

If they refuse again, come back here and we'll see what can be done about it.

Also, could it maybe be the mattress rather than the bed itself?

Thanks for responding.

I think it is a combination of both the mattress and base unit. I am going back to the agents tomorrow with the inventory (which I have been through with a fine tooth comb) so I will see what they say.

I particularly love the inclusion of an ashtray on the inventory where I had to sign at least two documents that stated I did not smoke and would not allow others to smoke in the flat - I will be pointing this out to them too :)

HOLA444
I particularly love the inclusion of an ashtray on the inventory where I had to sign at least two documents that stated I did not smoke and would not allow others to smoke in the flat - I will be pointing this out to them too :)

/me prepares executive summary of your inventory:

selection of random things your landlords don't want cluttering their own home

HOLA445
HOLA446
/me prepares executive summary of your inventory:

selection of random things your landlords don't want cluttering their own home

I questioned the presence of an ashtray in a 'non-smoking flat' when I went to see the agents yesterday about the inventory, I asked if I could throw it away as it was a non smoking flat and was told that it was the LL's property so I couldnt.

The whole thing is really stupid.