House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pytyr

Uk Economic Green Shoots Illusory

Torygraph link

A bit of bear food combined with blatent salesmanship:

On the economy, I see little reason for confidence and I do not anticipate meaningful recovery in the next three to four years. However, a point that I believe is worthy of stressing is that despite this I am positive about the outlook for my portfolios because I believe that certain areas of the equity market are fundamentally undervalued.

"Things are going to be bad but if you listen to me you'll make millions. Millions, I tell you!"

Economics 101 lessons for the dim of wit.

These massive imbalances built through the extended boom phase of the economic cycle and just as they took a long time to build, they will also take some time to address
Occasional instances of decelerating deterioration were inevitable in some data given the extent to which they had fallen, but this should not be confused with recovery.
What we have seen so far, are the investment losses associated with excessive risk taking on treasury assets, what we have yet to see are the losses associated with recession, namely rising loan defaults.
Unemployment is high and rising, starving the economy of support from the consumer, which has been integral to growth in recent years.

So, Master, if I can't look to the banks or the financial system to make me money, what should I do?

The companies I am focused on have solid balance sheets and their business models are not geared to fluctuations in economic performance
While there are numerous factors that can influence equity markets in the short-term, over a meaningful time frame, fundamentals are the key determinants of share prices

*Gasp* For long term investment growth I should invest in profitable, stable, well-run companies? I'm blinded by your acumen.

"Invest money in companies that make things and sell them for a profit". Stunning. He gets well paid for this, you know?

Sarcasm aside, good to see somone talking about investing in growth for a change, even if it's coming from an extremely defensive position.

Torygraph link

"Things are going to be bad but if you listen to me you'll make millions. Millions, I tell you!"

So, Master, if I can't look to the banks or the financial system to make me money, what should I do?

*Gasp* For long term investment growth I should invest in profitable, stable, well-run companies? I'm blinded by your acumen.

"Invest money in companies that make things and sell them for a profit". Stunning. He gets well paid for this, you know?

Sarcasm aside, good to see somone talking about investing in growth for a change, even if it's coming from an extremely defensive position.

people need reminding.

a house produces nothing but loans.

as soon as i see the word 'portfolio', there is a brief schism; after which i discover some menial task such as emptying the bin, or polishing a saucepan has mystically occured, and i become vaguely aware that i was reading something...

occasionally i trip over a broken object

as soon as i see the word 'portfolio', there is a brief schism; after which i discover some menial task such as emptying the bin, or polishing a saucepan has mystically occured, and i become vaguely aware that i was reading something...

occasionally i trip over a broken object

Portfolio....wasnt he a Tory Minister?

So your saying it doesn't create growth or bonuses?

no, the repayments on the loans create those.

no, the repayments on the loans create those.

I thought in the US even not making all of the necessary loan repayment created the bonus (ARM) and for the sellers of the loan the repayment wasn't even an issue all that counted was the sale.

I thought in the US even not making all of the necessary loan repayment created the bonus (ARM) and for the sellers of the loan the repayment wasn't even an issue all that counted was the sale.

Hey, caller, thats right. you book the sale, and claim the prize.

and caller, did you know that even when the loan fails, that they can mark it as an asset on their books.... as if the loan was still there. Perfik.

I dont think we pay these guys enough. they are true geniuseseses.

To my mind Prepacks are PROOF of insolvent trading.

A director should CEASE trading the moment they are aware of insolvency.

a Prepack shows they knew it was coming.....

Guest Steve Cook
Torygraph link

Gene Burnett...brilliant song...

Just checked out some of his other stuff....like it