House Price Crash Forum
jungllie jim

Tax Reduction £32 Billion

if they dont talk about it they believe its not happening

That's because psychopaths believe you create reality by convincing people of what you want them to do, which makes it real.

Good find. Stamp duty receipts dropped by £6.1 billion from 2007-08. Some sort of house price crash then?

Some sort of house volume crash then

Did I mention the impending state failure?

Nah, just an MOT failure, they'll still keep driving the vehicle even once it's down to the rims.

Good find. Stamp duty receipts dropped by £6.1 billion from 2007-08. Some sort of house price crash then?

Ahh but people are still spending :blink:

VAT went down by £5 billion

Ok, maybe the 2.5% cut must have done that. Good job employment isn't going down the pan :blink:

Income tax and national insurance contributions fell by £5.7 billion...

*The Treasury accounts revealed that it had spent £24 billion bailing out the banks last autumn without getting parliamentary approval first. Lloyds Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland had bad loans guaranteed under the Asset Protection Scheme to stave off a banking meltdown. A Treasury spokesman claimed there was no time to seek MPs' backing.

Didn't even ask Parliament. I suppose I should be surprised. :(

Edited by bobmo

Didn't even asking Parliament.

Dont mean to be a grammar nazi but that sentence gave me a migraine.

£32B. What's that as a % of the total though?

It's all fairly meaningless as they'll be wildly underestimating bad debt. They'll be loads of firms that have made repayment schedules with HMRC and this will be counted as collectible when in reality a vast swathe of it won't be.

Everything hinges on, because we've had a downturn, at some point, there must axiomatically be an upturn.

Everything hinges on, because we've had a downturn, at some point, there must axiomatically be an upturn.

It's the coming intermediate 'PHUT' stage that fascinates me.

Possibly because I wont be on the planet by the time any genuine, unassisted, upturn occurs.

yep,hearing a lot of people saying jsut got to hang on till 2010 when things will pick up...................a plan which has one small flaw

If I circle the kingdom three times widdershins before cockcrow, can I make it skip 16 years to a recovereh?

[if the above doesn't make sense to you, I recommend Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters as a good read]

That's because psychopaths believe you create reality by convincing people of what you want them to do, which makes it real.

I'll agree with you on that one. ;)

Once you are delusional reality has become different to everyone else.

What's this figure annualised?

Total scum for doing this just as Parliament closers for summer.

yep,hearing a lot of people saying jsut got to hang on till 2010 when things will pick up...................a plan which has one small flaw

Depends on what calendar we are using and where the starting point is.

Don't forget either the worst of the tax revenue slump has yet to come.

I guess they'll have to make some economies.

The UK should consider slashing defence spending by up to £24bn and revisit plans to renew its Trident nuclear deterrent, a think-tank report says.

Britain cannot afford much of the defence equipment it plans to buy, the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) report says.

The total defence budget is 36bn.

Lord Ashdown said the UK would have to "reach out to establish a new concordat with other nations and other global powers in order to secure a secure world in changing and turbulent circumstances"

The new concordat

Now we are borrowing Russian helicopters to fight the Taliban

British frontline troops in Afghanistan are so short of helicopters and transport planes that they are being bailed out by the Russians.

The Mail on Sunday has established that the Ministry of Defence is using civilian Russian-built Mi-8 and Mi-26 transport helicopters to ferry supplies and soldiers in Afghanistan. The pilots are freelance Russians and Ukrainians.

The humiliation of Britain's crack regiments having to beg a lift is a stark example of the shortages of men and machinery that sparked the row between the head of the Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt, and Gordon Brown.

32bn...doesnt matter how much of the whole it is, its ANOTHER 32bn they havent planned for, and will have to be paid later by our kids.

Guest KingCharles1st
32bn...doesnt matter how much of the whole it is, its ANOTHER 32bn they havent planned for, and will have to be paid later by our kids.

I can't see ropes, lamp-posts and orange boxes costing anything like 32billion

Maybe it's time for QH-- Quantitive Hanging-

We can hang a few at a time until the others "get it."

let's consider a fictional freelancer, who gets the offer of a contract which will push his earnings into the 40% band. this imaginary freelancer has been saving hard for a house for more than 4 years, and has a nice wedge in the bank, on which the interest is due.

does he take the contract, knowing that 40% of anything he earns will be lumped in with the additional take on his interest, to fund bank bailouts, MPs' house flipping, schemes and bungs designed to keep house prices out of reach of people such as said fictional freelancer?

or not.

TOUGH ONE