House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

C4 8pm Undercover Debt Collector C4 8pm Despatches

Radio Times:

'Reporter Tom Randall gets a job in one of the country's fastest growing agencies to investigate the methods used by its employees to recover money, and discovers how high street businesses are selling on their bad debt during the recession.'

:o

Edited by juvenal

I have been hassled my debt collection agencies on a couple of occasions. They are butt holes. The behaviour shown in the program was pretty bad, but not that surprising. I just wish that I didn't have to shoulder the bad debt risk of wreckless lenders and idiot borrowers.

I have been hassled my debt collection agencies on a couple of occasions. They are butt holes. The behaviour shown in the program was pretty bad, but not that surprising. I just wish that I didn't have to shoulder the bad debt risk of wreckless lenders and idiot borrowers.

I have to say I'm not sure I'm that happy to pay tax to fund a court/insovency service to collect debts made by companies to people who had little chance of paying it back. If they were daft enough to lend it and the borrowers were daft enough to spend it they can just be put in a bag together as far as I'm concerned.

I have to say I'm not sure I'm that happy to pay tax to fund a court/insovency service to collect debts made by companies to people who had little chance of paying it back. If they were daft enough to lend it and the borrowers were daft enough to spend it they can just be put in a bag together as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Its just something else that we have to pay for because someone else can't make good decisions. Don't forget the stress counselling and prozac of the debtors that you are paying for, along with the insurance premiums when they turn to crime.

Agreed. Its just something else that we have to pay for because someone else can't make good decisions. Don't forget the stress counselling and prozac of the debtors that you are paying for, along with the insurance premiums when they turn to crime.

Ah, but Gordon has told them they are entitled to your money.

Guest theboltonfury

An interesting program that made me see both sides of the story.

Firstly, the collection companies are scum and I wanted to do harm to that slimy guy, but also, like the fat bird, there are some people out there who don't think they should have to pay back their debts as 'it would make us broke if we did'.

I don't care about these crybabies. Pay your debts and nobody will bother you.

If anything, debt collection is too soft.

The only trouble is DCAs have a bad habit of intimidating anyone who shares a name/address/DOB with the person who took on the debt.