House Price Crash Forum

Cancelled Sales Appearing As 'new' On Rightmove

jac

HOLA441

For all you propertybee freaks out there, I've caught churchills estates cheating the system

we bid for a property. it was rejected and we were told last weekend it had 'sold' to someone else

in fact, propertybee/rightmove did say it was sold

but i got an email from the agent today saying the property has been reduced to a new price

oh so the sale was cancelled i said to myself? loaded up rightmove/propertybee and found the old property had gone and a new one at the reduced price had appeared

so they're not showing that the sale has been cancelled / reduced and therefore that the vendor is desperate! which is a shame as they're the kind of properties i like to see as means the vendor is keen to sell!

Edited by jac

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yet more evidence of estate agents gaming the system, and the gamekeeper turning a blind eye.

Rightmove reported that asking prices went up this month too, and the mainstream media descended on the news like flies around a heap of fresh steamy, gleefully reporting that house prices have risen when they have not.

Don't expect intergrity and accuracy from the media any more now.

From here on in its a bitter fight of the truth versus the property (and property advertising) industry.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
For all you propertybee freaks out there, I've caught churchills estates cheating the system

we bid for a property. it was rejected and we were told last weekend it had 'sold' to someone else

in fact, propertybee/rightmove did say it was sold

but i got an email from the agent today saying the property has been reduced to a new price

oh so the sale was cancelled i said to myself? loaded up rightmove/propertybee and found the old property had gone and a new one at the reduced price had appeared

so they're not showing that the sale has been cancelled / reduced and therefore that the vendor is desperate! which is a shame as they're the kind of properties i like to see as means the vendor is keen to sell!

This is an old game.

Stale properties that have been though significant price reductions suddenly disappear from WrongMove and miraculously reappear within a week at a lower price without the legacy of a series of stale dates and prices on PropertyBee.

Knight Frank and Savills in particular appear to understand how PropertyBee works and are doing all that they can to counteract people who do a bit of research.

HOLA447

Yes, I see this too - not just with sales fallen through but with houses that have been on the market for a long time - although someth=imes I can't be sure if they've been taken off with one EA, and then put on again with a different EA.

There's a development of new houses round this way, and about 6 properties on the site come up on my routine local search - they've been taken off and relisted as new every week for the last month - V odd...