House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foaf

Tepilo - And Other Buying And Selling Sites Without Eas

I'm an FTB, so excuse my naievity, but I don't really see much of a need for Estate Agents.

I can understand that they market a property and provide viewings, but surely a vendor is perfectly capable of doing this themselves using a digital camera, listings on property websites and the will to meet and greet potential buyers.

Anyway, what I was hoping is that EA free properties (peer2peer) would appear on existing sites like RightMove. I have seen P2P property sites but all have looked un-professional and not somewhere where I would trust. Then just now I get followed on Twitter by Tepilo http://www.tepilo.com/ which on the surface looks like the profession P2P property site I have been dreaming of. And backed by Sarah Beeney, could it get any better.

Looking at it currently there isn't much stock on there, not in the area I am looking anyway.

But are sites like these the future, or do EAs still have a place in the web connected world?