House Price Crash Forum
moneyscam

Rumour - Us Embassies Urged To Stockpile Local Currencies

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/07/for...-stockpile.html

US Embassies world-wide urged to stockpile local currency. Currently a rumour so please do not ask me to provide "proof" and if anyone has seen something similar please post.

Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, it could portend something ominous for the dollar (and maybe even sterling according to the link).

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/07/for...-stockpile.html

US Embassies world-wide urged to stockpile local currency. Currently a rumour so please do not ask me to provide "proof" and if anyone has seen something similar please post.

Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, it could portend something ominous for the dollar (and maybe even sterling according to the link).

Get more worried if the rumour is to stockpile, gold, guns and food.

I seem to remember we've had this particular rumour more than once before over the last couple of years.

I seem to remember we've had this particular rumour more than once before over the last couple of years.

Have we? Do you have any links, this is the first time I have heard or seen anything about this? Thanks.

I think that this particular rumour and source has had threads before. I am not aware of multiple or repeated rumours.

Had I had my thinking head on, I'd posted (points up) this.

"It's an oldie".

I don't think so. We had a thread on it about 6 or 8 weeks ago when it first emerged though.

Have we? Do you have any links, this is the first time I have heard or seen anything about this? Thanks.

if you click on the source in the first para of the link you will see it dated june. Is old news dude.

Anyone have a logical explanation for doing this locally?

Why would anyone want to stockpile Lats, Forints, Kronor or a bunch of other wobbly currencies at this time?

The only argument for stockpiling local currency is if the dollar is to become non-convertible at some time. No chance of that, surely?

if you click on the source in the first para of the link you will see it dated june. Is old news dude.

Yep quite right, not that old but in HPC terms light years old!

Why would anyone want to stockpile Lats, Forints, Kronor or a bunch of other wobbly currencies at this time?

The only argument for stockpiling local currency is if the dollar is to become non-convertible at some time. No chance of that, surely?

cash is king?

local currency could be required for many reasons. None of them good.

It is mentioned on the latest Gold Seek Radio podcast, 18th July, in the second hour of the show.

http://radio.goldseek.com/

The bit about that some US embassies are being instructed to buy local currency gets mentioned at 1hr 10mins into the show.

Kal Gronvall puts forward that the US government has been busy in buying up privately owned gold, then will go a stage further by confiscating gold, the dollar will be massively devalued, a new currency introduced, the Amero, intertwined with the ever increasing severity of the financial sh@t storm and how best one can survive it. All good stuff.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

It is mentioned on the latest Gold Seek Radio podcast, 18th July, in the second hour of the show.

http://radio.goldseek.com/

The bit about that some US embassies are being instructed to buy local currency gets mentioned at 1hr 10mins into the show.

Kal Gronvall puts forward that the US government has been busy in buying up privately owned gold, then will go a stage further by confiscating gold, the dollar will be massively devalued, a new currency introduced, the Amero, intertwined with the ever increasing severity of the financial sh@t storm and how best one can survive it. All good stuff.

the amero :rolleyes: . so why hasn't any of this news come from other sources and why aren't the same things happening in canada or mexico?

Kal Gronvall puts forward that the US government has been busy in buying up privately owned gold, then will go a stage further by confiscating gold

China has practically no gold.

India has vast amounts.

Lots of people with lots nukes would be very displeased, not going to happen.

cash is king?

local currency could be required for many reasons. None of them good.

yes, cash is king and the dollar will be the ccy of choice

Guest spp

This rumour is around 2months old. Bob Chapman was all over it...got his info from 6 sources. He's a wily old fox old Bobby Chapman.

Dollar devaluation and a bank holiday anyone??

Edit : posted before reading the article...christ I need to get out more!

:lol:

Edit 2 : Sorry. Yes they are confiscating Gold/Silver right under your noses! Haven't you seen all the 'we'll buy your Gold/Silver' adverts??

Now I wonder who really owns those companies.

:rolleyes:

Are they Corrupt?...Yes. Stupid?...no.

Edited by spp

If they anticipate a dramatic decline in the value of the dollar against other currencies it makes

sense.

Notably they said "except the British Pound".

This rumour is over a week old at least.