House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van

Ftse

Quite, I've long said stocks have seen the bottom already and won't touch those levels again... if they do break through to yet another high then it will make it even less likely for them to sink back again.

Quite, I've long said stocks have seen the bottom already and won't touch those levels again... if they do break through to yet another high then it will make it even less likely for them to sink back again.

never understood the reason price levels are barriers.

they ALWAYS get broken.

they ALWAYS get broken.

Not ALWAYS factually..... for instance if the current period low which we experienced quite some months ago doesn't get approached again then it won't be broken.... low price levels don't always get broken, high ones normally do eventually. But in the round I'd agree with you I'm not a total charist convert.

Last week's 4100 is now looking very much like a higher low. If we take out 4500 convincingly then we have a free run up to aroun 5,200.

Last week's 4100 is now looking very much like a higher low. If we take out 4500 convincingly then we have a free run up to aroun 5,200.

****** speak.

4234 is very much looking like the lower high of the highest low. If it breaches this, we get fish and chips for supper, if not, it is gruel.

That is also nosh.

Well we do need a share price recovery of some sort otherwise we are going to see a pension collapse.

A shrinking consumer base can only mean profits and revenues will increase so naturally share prices will go up.

they ALWAYS get broken.

So, let's say I have a house that was valued at £500k at the peak - it's now valued at, say, £400k.

You're prepared to give me £600k for it today are you? If so, PM me.

they ALWAYS get broken.

Most TA seems to be voodoo, but there is some logic behind resistance levels on individual stocks. It's simply a way of accounting for market memory, people are psychologically sticky about the levels that they buy and sell at. It does seem strange to see them used on indices like the FTSE though - very little of the price is directly affected by buying and selling. Most of the change is caused by alterations in the prices of the stocks that make up the index. So resistance / support levels don't really have a sound basis.

Says the man who is watching the index stomp towards to his 4550 stop-loss with the resignation of yet another bet turning red...

No chance

I think another 10-15% off after taking into account any wage rises will be on the cards. I think we have had the majority of the falls. but whilst my rent is costing less than the interest, I dont really care.

Besides, until we get a new government with a new agenda, why risk your savings? I have just reappraised my savings, I will have a 40% deposit by Feb, 50% deposit by next september. With prices stagnating, why would I want to buy?

Another thing to factor is we are still seeing high lending costs. Once people get the HPI knocked out of them by the next smaller down wave, prices level for 5 years, I reckon we could see lower lending costs with level prices. Rates are not going to go up for a year or two yet, so what is the rush to buy? We all know that prices level out for a long time after a crash, so again, what is the rush? Remember, last time, most of the damage last time was caused by wage inflation over a number of years. Even if that doesnt happen this time, we face high unemployment, high taxation and the repo wave we are yet to see... Remember, much of what is being done at the moment is going to properly F*ck unemployed homeowners in the future. What the government have organised is effectively Option Arm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jan/0...-state-benefits

Lenders have been asked to make sure they only use repossession as a last resort, and the government is working on a second scheme to help householders meet their mortgage repayments in times of hardship.

The proposal, which will be open to homeowners with mortgages of up to £400,000, will allow them to defer a proportion of their mortgage interest payments for up to two years. It will be available to people who do not claim benefits and will be covered by a government guarantee to lenders.

What do you think will happen when these people run out of the end of these schemes? The government are going to have to significantly cut spending, new mortgage protection schemes will not feature highly.

Who is betting once the Tories get in, they find an absolute horror story of public finance disaster? I am betting on it! ;)

Higher than 20% or lower than 20%?

It's a bit like play your cards right this :lol::lol:

I am guessing a bimbling 5-10% pa for next few years based on current info. If/when UK gets downgraded, I will reassess.