House Price Crash Forum

Are You All Interested In The Backpacker Lost For Weeks In Australia Story?

loginandtonic

HOLA441

sky news is going on and on about this man from muswell hill who got himself lost in the wilds there for 2 weeks and lived on seeds or whatever holland & barrett's shop there sold him.

but honestly i dont know whats so interesting about it that they have to go on and on. so he was stranded for weeks, lost in the middle of nowhere.

is it supposed to hit home or truly resonate with people whose similarly life-changing experience was trying to retrace their steps back to their Audi in Brent Cross?

or has sky news paid a wad for an 'exclusive' that they keep plugging it as the main news item all day?

its not news, it might make an interesting 20 mins documentary but its not news and sky news are cheapening their reputation by turning it into a main news item just to gather momentum for what will probably be a programme in itself later which is worth a quick look but nothing more. news is news. that aint. thats just a plug disguised as news.

HOLA442

I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

I'm expecting allegations that this 'lost' guy possibly isn't all he seems to be. His explanations as to how he got lost are a little unconvincing.

He's pulled a £98,000 media deal from this, and a media agent was on the scene very quickly after he 'reappeared from

the dead'.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

No wonder newspaper circulation is falling, boring things like this and endless the world is about to end stories that is why i have stopped buying newspapers.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I am interested because I don't believe his story and I am waiting for it to be uncovered as a hoax.

How did he get enough water for a start?

They say he can't fly home yet as he is not well enough.

I wonder if they are keeping him there because he is about to get found out.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
If it turns out to be a hoax, I hope the aussie rescue service, police and everyone else concerned charge him.

The skills needed to pull off his survival feat would be those possessed an aboriginal or a professional guide/tracker. Half the plants and seeds out there are poisonous, the temperature range is dangerous, and the kid is clearly not bright. Nearly a fortnight? What exactly did he eat and drink?

I think him and his father are chancers...

HOLA4413
The skills needed to pull off his survival feat would be those possessed an aboriginal or a professional guide/tracker. Half the plants and seeds out there are poisonous, the temperature range is dangerous, and the kid is clearly not bright. Nearly a fortnight? What exactly did he eat and drink?

I think him and his father are chancers...

+1

HOLA4414
If it turns out to be a hoax, I hope the aussie rescue service, police and everyone else concerned charge him.

They should charge him even if it is "real" - he should not profit from it. If it does get made into a film or whatever (which I would not be surprised), he shouldn't make a bean until the emergency services have been paid for.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The Daily Mash is reporting it as well!

BACKPACKER TO EXPLAIN WHY HE SMELLS OF PROSTITUTES

THE 19 year-old British backpacker found after two weeks in the Australian outback will today be asked to explain why he smells so strongly of prostitutes and gin.

Walkabout told the story of a girl who got lost in the outback and did not hook up with a funk band

Jamie Neale, from North London, was reported missing hours after he failed to return from a night out in Sydney. He is now being treated in hospital for chronic dehydration and exposed parts.

Sergeant Tom Logan, of the New South Wales police, said: "He couldn't give us any real detail about where he had been, but he did reek of alcohol and cheap sex and had an enormous smile on his face.

"Other than that we have absolutely no reason to believe he has spent the last fortnight in a brothel, having round the clock sex with prostitutes from every corner of the globe and slurping home made gin from a bucket.

"Even though, as we told him, it is very easy to lose track of time in a situation like that. You wake up one day, realise you've probably been declared missing and then head for the hills while frantically pulling your trousers up."

Jamie said: "I can honestly say, with hand on heart, that the last two weeks have been the most intense of my young life.

"I admit I do smell a bit strange but that's because I was attacked by a badger on heat and the only food I could find were those berries that they use to make gin."

He added: "I will be coming home as soon as possible mainly because all my money was stolen by an owl."

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest eight
it's the middle class media industry obsessing about molly-coddled middle class people bruising themselves.

Ah. McCann syndrome.

eight

HOLA4420
thx for all who voted, that's 90% of us say Sky You Bores, cut that cr&p out + give us back some proper news not Murdochian populist drivel

I concur with your sentiment. OTOH feel bound to mention that Sky never did bother with proper news, so its a tifle harsh to demand they start now.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
I am interested because I don't believe his story and I am waiting for it to be uncovered as a hoax.

How did he get enough water for a start?

They say he can't fly home yet as he is not well enough.

I wonder if they are keeping him there because he is about to get found out.

Discussed this with an aussie friend today who is from the general area and reckons that 12 days is survivable but not easily, obviously. It's a rain forest so water isn't a problem and you can go a long time without food.

Personally, the kid comes over as a right weirdo and I'd love to see it exposed as a hoax.

Apparently, the cops want to re-interview him over it.

HOLA4425

Archived