House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

I Have Just Realised The Unisex Salon Granted Me The O A P Haircut Rate

just noticed on their tariff sheet, when i made my appointment with the young woman at the unisex salon it was based on my having had a quick glance at the prices and it says Mon-Wed Men's Drycut £5

yet today i noticed it says above that the women's prices and above that the column is marked Senior Citizens !

so i have just realised that she without a murmur of protest put me down in the book for the £5 senior citizen cut for tomorrow.

how depressing is that :(

just noticed on their tariff sheet, when i made my appointment with the young woman at the unisex salon it was based on my having had a quick glance at the prices and it says Mon-Wed Men's Drycut £5

yet today i noticed it says above that the women's prices and above that the column is marked Senior Citizens !

so i have just realised that she without a murmur of protest put me down in the book for the £5 senior citizen cut for tomorrow.

Very.

Do something immature tomorrow. It will make you feel better.

Oh lord, that's really rather saddening.

That said... might it be worth popping down to the town hall and seeing if you can pull off something similar with regard to Council Tax?

Guest skullingtonjoe

On the brighter side ...you`ve still got hair to cut ;) (Although I am genuinely content being a slaphead, I thought I`d try and cheer you up a bit).

Telly Savalas 4 life! :rolleyes:

Very.

Do something immature tomorrow. It will make you feel better.

i may turn 'bull' for the day then

Oh lord, that's really rather saddening.

That said... might it be worth popping down to the town hall and seeing if you can pull off something similar with regard to Council Tax?

i might try that, must start convincing use of the lingo - chap, young man, deary, thank you most kindly, good day to you, in my day, they're all hooligans now (the councillors i mean)

It maybe too late to moisturise :unsure:

have you seen what they put in the moisturisers, always read the label

On the brighter side ...you`ve still got hair to cut ;) (Although I am genuinely content being a slaphead, I thought I`d try and cheer you up a bit).

Telly Savalas 4 life! :rolleyes:

the slaphead look is very much in and if you've got cheekbones doubly so, a lot of women go for it, me i'd look extra sad without hair... got that still to come

i should point out i asked for the £5 cut thinking it was for everyone mon-wed, but she put it in the book without any hassle, and i definitely repeated to her 'so thats the five pound cut on monday', i dont suppose theres any chance they're discounting for anybody without argument due to the recession?

i should point out i asked for the £5 cut thinking it was for everyone mon-wed, but she put it in the book without any hassle, and i definitely repeated to her 'so thats the five pound cut on monday', i dont suppose theres any chance they're discounting for anybody without argument due to the recession?

No. You just look a lot older than you think you do. Get used to it. You're going to hear more of this sort of thing, but more efficiently, because your ears get bigger as you age.

No. You just look a lot older than you think you do. Get used to it. You're going to hear more of this sort of thing, but more efficiently, because your ears get bigger as you age.

:lol:

and its true about ears and noses btw

You may not look old.

You might just look scary :lol: . She probably was not going to mess with the man that insists on the £5 cut

How old was the person at the hairdressers?

It may not be as bad as you think as many young people in this country are now very, very stupid and incompetent.

You may not look old.

You might just look scary :lol: . She probably was not going to mess with the man that insists on the £5 cut

i know i can look a bit scary, true enough :lol: thx

How old was the person at the hairdressers?

It may not be as bad as you think as many young people in this country are now very, very stupid and incompetent.

she is a little thing, didnt get that good a look at her, i was looking hopefully toward the male stylist as he looked with it, but from vague memory i'd say she's 20 to 24

i know i can look a bit scary, true enough :lol: thx

she is a little thing, didnt get that good a look at her, i was looking hopefully toward the male stylist as he looked with it, but from vague memory i'd say she's 20 to 24

:unsure::unsure:

Age deflation?

You've saved money in a recession. Stop being a whinging Pom!

I had a shaming OAP experience at Bournemouth Odeon some years back.

The background is that I had previously met and talked with the film director Terence Davies, who shortly after released his film The House of Mirth, starring the lovely Gillian Anderson. Critically acclaimed, the film received only very limited distribution - it was seen as a 'high culture' (lousy box office) movie.

It got only one showing in Bournemouth area - a single morning screening at the Odeon, in the discount-for-pensioners slot.

Bugger it. Determined to see the film whatever, I went with my wife.

No one questioned our right to be there. We paid about £4 each

In the foyer we were all given tea and biscuits, then asked if any of us wanted to 'pop to the loo' before the film started?

The young woman eyed me in particular as she said it. She'd clearly pegged me as Captain Pisspants.

The shame of it all still remains....

The background is that I had previously met and talked with the film director Terence Davies, who shortly after released his film The House of Mirth, starring the lovely Gillian Anderson. Critically acclaimed, the film received only very limited distribution - it was seen as a 'high culture' (lousy box office) movie.

It got only one showing in Bournemouth area - a single morning screening at the Odeon, in the discount-for-pensioners slot.

In the foyer we were all given tea and biscuits, then asked if any of us wanted to 'pop to the loo' before the film started?

The young woman eyed me in particular as she said it. She'd clearly pegged me as Captain Pisspants.

Perhaps she fancied you, think positive! a rather filthy ex of mine had a man (not me) in a nightclub loo

b'mth odeon ... is that near poets corner/bath hotel, cant remember where it is, always like to remember otherwise its er a sign of old age!

Perhaps she fancied you, think positive!

b'mth odeon ... is that near poets corner/bath hotel, cant remember where it is, always like to remember otherwise its er a sign of old age!

Alongside the Central Gardens. A nice level walk when you're getting on, with plenty of benches.

I would just add that haircuts are really expensive these days. Used to be really cheap when the GF cut... the only thing I miss about her, apart from the nagging ;) .

Cinema too is a ridiculous price nowadays.

A tip for all, register for SeeFilmFirst for free preview screenings.

A computerised coupon went wrong for me at Boots and now my reward card gives me a 10% over 60 discount on most things that I buy there. It happened when I was 45 and two years later has never been challenged.

I would not mind but it is printed in large letters on my receipt and comes up on all the till electronic displays.

A computerised coupon went wrong for me at Boots and now my reward card gives me a 10% over 60 discount on most things that I buy there. It happened when I was 45 and two years later has never been challenged.

I would not mind but it is printed in large letters on my receipt and comes up on all the till electronic displays.

I would be tempted to carry an empty anti-ageing cream container with me. Come the day you are in a Boots till queue, you pay, and somebody looks at the electronic till display - and then at you - the world's most youthful pensioner.

You whip out the tube, and announce to the queue 'It does exactly what it says on the tin!'.

Every woman in that queue will rush back into the shelves, looking for that product...

Amusing thread this......What did you think of Terence Davies BTW?

Amusing thread this......What did you think of Terence Davies BTW?

He's one of a kind. An artist, who always has trouble getting finance for even low budget films. Was rated as one of the best five directors in the world, but isn't interested in commercial success. Marches to a different drum, and pays the price, I suppose. Privately he's very dignified, reserved and has a quiet sense of humour. In front of an audience the actor comes out in him, and he is impassioned and very theatrical. Really grabs the listeners' attention from the off.

I recall him saying: 'Tell me anything! But never tell me where to put the camera!!!'