House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

Are You Enjoying The Crash So Far?

Well, can't say it total enjoyment, but rather good fun seeing the 4X4 types looking a bit worried about lack of income & having to "Feed" the SUV. Just wait till next year when they find its almost £500 a year just to Tax & ( i suspect) Fuel costs have rocketed!

The death of "Bling" is very close to hand.........i hope.

Mike

I'm lovin' it, STR'd in 2007, and have since had more money to spend than at any other time in my life.

I still can't spend it as fast as my next house's price is falling.

Can't disagree with you there Mike.

I got tailgated for several miles by some muppet in a Q7 a while back. He overtook me about 500m before he decided to turn left (without bothering to indicate of course).

:angry:

This time of year the French countryside is full of X5's, XC90's, Cayennes and Touareg's (most with blacked out glass) driven by people who's sole motive seems to be to **** as many of the locals off as possible with their driving habits and parking antics. I saw one chap recently in his clapped out wreck wack a Parisian registered BMW estate several times with his bumpers before hoicking up a lovely green grolly all over the side window and leaving the car park with a big smile on his face. :lol::lol:

I'm lovin' it, STR'd in 2007, and have since had more money to spend than at any other time in my life.

I still can't spend it as fast as my next house's price is falling.

[/smugness]

OK, OK.... I am a potential FTB who waited, and consequently I'm very glad that it's not me that you've sucked that money from! ;)

Im only hearing about poor sods losing their jobs (working class poeple). However I wouldnt betting theres plenty of people (whos sh!te don't stink) getting worried, but its don't show on the surface.

I heard of one couple, who have a great big house (you would of thought they were loaded) but the TAX for the BIG 4x4 will have to wait, so they got the bus :o

The price of food is still rsing, along with almost everything else I buy, so how the hell inflation is dropping, I do not believe.

Work is getting tighter and tighter (electrician). The outlook in the real world is rather crap if you ask me. If house prices do not carry on dropping, ill be surprised, because all household costs are going up, and jobs are being lost, wages are not rising.

Its a vicious circle and self feeding, and I believe the worst is still lurking, however people do not do their homework, they listen to the experts in governement.

Well all those ministers in government, have plenty of money put to one side, so they won't suffer. But they encourage everyone else to go and spend, to keep the bubble enflated. The banks won't lend, nor would I and nor would they, so who in their right mind would lend money, when the odds against getting it back, only a FOOL :rolleyes:

No, it's happening too fast for me.

I'm lucky in that I have a Dutch employment contract (big pay-off if they want me to piss off + nice dole allowance)... but, wages are static, food is going up, bills are going up - all the while I'm trying to down-size to stay on top of the game but trying to live my life too.

I really don't care about "buying" a tossing house... I just don't want people rioting in (my) the streets or seeing my neighbours starve.

Please serve Chindia/globalisation up on toast though.

Edited by this_prisoner_is_opting_out

I'm very glad that it's not me that you've sucked that money from! ;)

Nah, it's my ex-missus I sucked it from. She said she wanted out around June 2007. New boyfriend and that. And could she keep the house?

In fairness, we didn't have much in common. She was into Strictly Come Dancing, I was into housepricecrash.co.uk.

So I kindly let her have the house. ;)

Nah, it's my ex-missus I sucked it from. She said she wanted out around June 2007. New boyfriend and that. And could she keep the house?

In fairness, we didn't have much in common. She was into Strictly Come Dancing, I was into housepricecrash.co.uk.

lol i feel you brother :lol:

I did get a bit of joy though when my ex's boyfriend got his house repossessed.

Yep spot on....... Increased the buying fund by £20K since May 08...Now at £105k

Ex's house which she bought at the peak has lost about £40K (Bought for £180K)

Renting 3 bed for a pittance.

Secure employment till Jan 2014.....happily saving £1300 a month.

Pension went up by 2.8% now £12K a year from age 40. :rolleyes:

Yep spot on....... Increased the buying fund by £20K since May 08...Now at £105k

Ex's house which she bought at the peak has lost about £40K (Bought for £180K)

Renting 3 bed for a pittance.

Secure employment till Jan 2014.....happily saving £1300 a month.

Pension went up by 2.8% now £12K a year from age 40. :rolleyes:

What do you do? Think I might retrain! :rolleyes:

If you've found one that isn't into Strictly Come Dancing when she leaves it'll probably be with a new girlfriend this time. ;)

lol i feel you brother :lol:

I did get a bit of joy though when my ex's boyfriend got his house repossessed.

That must have been a very worrying time for him. :lol::lol::lol:

What a strange question! I am enjoying the increasing return to common sense. However, I have never been so worried in my life as to what lies ahead for myself, my family and my friends.

I'm absolutely loving the crash. Every time I read about sheeple who took on a huge loan they could never repay in the laughable belief that they were "buying a house", I get a huge frisson of Schaudenfreude...

So you thought that taking on a huge, unrepayable loan would make you "middle-class", did you? :lol::lol::lol:

Quite enjoying it. Bloody slow though.

Plus my life plans have changed (nothing to do with the crash). I am going to be moving to London so instead of being on course to afford a lovely house in the Lancashire valleys I'm now on course to afford a crappy little flat in the big smoke.

:(

Quite enjoying it. Bloody slow though.

Yes. It's come to a grinding halt.

Positive HPI for 2009 is a distinct possibility.

Well, can't say it total enjoyment, but rather good fun seeing the 4X4 types looking a bit worried about lack of income & having to "Feed" the SUV. Just wait till next year when they find its almost £500 a year just to Tax & ( i suspect) Fuel costs have rocketed!

The death of "Bling" is very close to hand.........i hope.

Mike

No, not yet, because we are not at the capitulation stage, or probably anywhere near it at the moment. Also, people on variable rate mortgages are benefiting at my expense.

No, not yet, because we are not at the capitulation stage, or probably anywhere near it at the moment. Also, people on variable rate mortgages are benefiting at my expense.

+1

Yes. It's come to a grinding halt.

Positive HPI for 2009 is a distinct possibility.

........as well as green shoots of recovery. mass re-employment and economic growth by 11%

Yes. Unemployment is getting very bad.

Nasty negative HPI for 2009 and beyond is a distinct certainty.

FIXED! :lol:

Edited by Kazuya

I think we some distance to go, but i am minded of the end of the 80's.

We had a spot of trouble from a rather NASTY pair living in a large house by my Mum. They let their dog run free and they mistreated it. My Mum took it in for a few days, rang them & asked if they like to pick it up. They gave her a mouth ful............strangly he kept saying "If you feed the dog again your be hearing from my Friends, i got friends in the CID!"

Every other threat out of him was " I Know people in the CID".

My Mum is a kind gentle & honest Woman, she could see no reason WHY the "C-I-D" would trouble her, thus it had zero effect on her. However it soon became clear WHY he feared the CID, they nicked him for Fraud via his replacment window company had gone bust.

Not long after his BMW got repo & house as well ;))

The Wife was a bitch as well, but she started selling kids clothes & er "Forgeting" to tell the DHSS about her income..........to my great shock (& Hers) they stuck her down for 12 months!

Ah Well.

Mike