House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

Hpv - How Many Of You Know Or Think About It?

Been reading up on HPV recently, guess all the swine flu talk has gotten me interested in viruses!

There are over one hundred HPV viruses, many of which are harmful and can cause cancer e.g. cervical cancer.

Like many health topics that affect women, cervical cancer grabs the headlines but there are many other cancers that can be caused by HPV variants such as penile, @nal and mouth cancers. HPV related mouth cancers are on the rise among men and could soon rival cases caused by heavy smoking, for example.

The thing is, limiting your sex partners may not be enough to prevent HPV. Doctors think that even french kissing can spread it.

So does this ever cross the minds of anyone here? Sure, you might think sex is safe when using a johhny but actually sucking d1ck or licking fanny or even snogging tons of birds at Hogmanay could be dangerous. Some HPV viruses can increase your chances of getting oral cancer by 30 times!

Or is this one of those things you just have to accept and ignore and get on with life?

Been reading up on HPV recently, guess all the swine flu talk has gotten me interested in viruses!

There are over one hundred HPV viruses, many of which are harmful and can cause cancer e.g. cervical cancer.

Like many health topics that affect women, cervical cancer grabs the headlines but there are many other cancers that can be caused by HPV variants such as penile, @nal and mouth cancers. HPV related mouth cancers are on the rise among men and could soon rival cases caused by heavy smoking, for example.

The thing is, limiting your sex partners may not be enough to prevent HPV. Doctors think that even french kissing can spread it.

So does this ever cross the minds of anyone here? Sure, you might think sex is safe when using a johhny but actually sucking d1ck or licking fanny or even snogging tons of birds at Hogmanay could be dangerous. Some HPV viruses can increase your chances of getting oral cancer by 30 times!

Or is this one of those things you just have to accept and ignore and get on with life?

Well if you can get it from having a frenchy then I see very little point in worrying.

I mean, most people would want to know if their partner had herpes, for example. But nobody asks: "Do you have any of the 100 HPV viruses?".

And they can even be tested for but not commonly at a sexual health clinic.

Guest Skinty
Well if you can get it from having a frenchy then I see very little point in worrying.

Because you find it easy to get a french kiss or because it's never going to happen?

If the latter, try putting an advert in a newsagent's window. It worked for me.

Because you find it easy to get a french kiss or because it's never going to happen?

If the latter, try putting an advert in a newsagent's window. It worked for me.

What did the advert say? :blink::unsure:

Yes. Viruses (virii?) have presumably always been with the human race throughout our evolution. One of em will get you, or cause the getting of you, in the end.

I mean, most people would want to know if their partner had herpes, for example. But nobody asks: "Do you have any of the 100 HPV viruses?".

And they can even be tested for but not commonly at a sexual health clinic.

HPV is definitely scary to read up on. I did it one afternoon with a hangover and it added to the depression.

I don’t think you can normally have HPV tests. I think one of the problems is that as it is a skin virus, having your blood tested is inconclusive, so you would have to have skin tests done and you would have to test various sites individually. Plus as there is no cure there is not much, other than avoid passing it on, that you can do about it anyway.

You need to get out more. Try reading the first chapter of this. Ring any bells?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vkC7vC7...lt&resnum=2

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I regret my affair every day.

giantcondyloma_4_021126-300x225.jpg

And don't like cauliflower any more.