House Price Crash Forum

Only Graduates With Worthless Degrees Are On The Scrap Heap?

Guest BoomBoomCrash

HOLA441
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Right.

And?

Wre get goods cheaper, more economci growth, more time off and have to be more productive and creative to provide for each other. How is any of that a bad thing?

Yes Injin, that's exactly how it's worked out. People frequently stop me on the street and bemoan the excess leisure time they have been burdened with.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest BoomBoomCrash
You sound like someone who's acquired 'skills' that transpire not to be worth as much as they think they ought to be.

Not at all. As you are a creature seemingly devoid of empathy I can understand why you would make that assumption though.

HOLA443
Yes Injin, that's exactly how it's worked out. People frequently stop me on the street and bemoan the excess leisure time they have been burdened with.

Do they?

I thought the state had stolen it all through inflation, taxes and regulations.

Nothing wrong with markets, lots wrong with the state. Time for you to stop blaming the victim, BBC.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Not at all. As you are a creature seemingly devoid of empathy I can understand why you would make that assumption though.

Nothing wrong with empathy.

Unless you are using emotion instead of logic of course. What feels right in the immediate isn't often the actual right thing to do for the long term.

HOLA446
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Do they?

I thought the state had stolen it all through inflation, taxes and regulations.

Nothing wrong with markets, lots wrong with the state. Time for you to stop blaming the victim, BBC.

By your own admission artifical barriers to entry (state imposed or otherwise) are really the only thing than prevents today's reasonably well paid job becoming tomorrow's minimum wage job.

HOLA447
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Nothing wrong with empathy.

Unless you are using emotion instead of logic of course. What feels right in the immediate isn't often the actual right thing to do for the long term.

'logic' can be used to justify an awful lot of cruelty.

HOLA448
HOLA449
'logic' can be used to justify an awful lot of cruelty.

Yes it can.

Heres a tip

1) look at what you want emotionally.

2) Get a plan that is logical and has worked in the apst to achieve what you want, which will actually fix your problem, and therfore give you peace of mind.

Currently you are going "arrgh poor people I Feel bad! FIX NOW!!! pASS LAWS!!! 111"

Doesn't work.

HOLA4410
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Apologies, my optimism must have got wildly carried away to think you possessed skills.

I'm an engineer, you are a...er reseller I guess.

HOLA4411
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Yes it can.

Heres a tip

1) look at what you want emotionally.

2) Get a plan that is logical and has worked in the apst to achieve what you want, which will actually fix your problem, and therfore give you peace of mind.

Currently you are going "arrgh poor people I Feel bad! FIX NOW!!! pASS LAWS!!! 111"

Doesn't work.

What specific laws have I suggested should be passed to ameliorate poverty?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Boom, what do you think would ameliorate poverty?

A start would be if employers gave up the conceit that just because they require a lot of a certain type of worker that their contribution is worth very little.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
indeed the irony is that education is solution to poverty.

Not on it's own. Education only increases the tools available, unless they are used to benefit people there is no effect. Like having a hammer is of no benefit unless somebody uses it to bang nails and make a difference.

HOLA4421
And there we have it ladies and gentlemen. You better consider education a reward unto itself, because you can forget about businesses paying a premium for the skills they claim to want people to have.

Now I'm really confused. One minute it's awful that I allegedl think skills should be what they're worth to business, next I'm awful because I actually suggest people get educated for its own sake.

Exactly what are you looking for?

HOLA4422
Nope.

Only free trade is.

education is the solution. the ability to better yourself , gain knowledge, improve your skills.

your free market ideology doesnt really describe anything other than "do nothing".

your philosophy that doing nothing solves all the worlds problems is farcical.

to keep banging on about free markets is just to keep advocating "nothingness". its not much of a solution to anything really.

HOLA4423
education is the solution. the ability to better yourself , gain knowledge, improve your skills.

your free market ideology doesnt really describe anything other than "do nothing".

your philosophy that doing nothing solves all the worlds problems is farcical.

to keep banging on about free markets is just to keep advocating "nothingness". its not much of a solution to anything really.

free trade isn't a "nothing", it's loads; it's loads of people swapping stuff they don't need for stuff they do, and finding better and better ways to do it.

It's the opposite of nothing.

HOLA4424
You make my point for me. Only areas of employment with artificial barriers to entry (state imposed or otherwise) have maintained high wages.

So your solution to 'low wages' is to have the state prohibit the majority of people from getting jobs which have high wages, or to increase low wages by restricting entry, through imposing artificial barriers ('in the interest of health and safety, in future burger flippers will require a ten year degree from a qualified institution -- which will only have four training places a year -- and six year internship')?

You really haven't thought this through, have you?

HOLA4425
A start would be if employers gave up the conceit that just because they require a lot of a certain type of worker that their contribution is worth very little.

And customers would also be forced to pay a higher price for goods. Even though they might be able to get them elsewhere cheaper, they should be stoped from doing so?

So if the wages are higher and the prices are higher, how does this alleviate poverty?