House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashedOutAndBurned

Arrested For Being Too Tall

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/15/tall_photographers/

Updated Kent Police set a new legal precedent last week, as they arrested a photographer on the unusual grounds of "being too tall".

This follows a year of increasingly unhappy incidents, in which continued reassurances from on high appear to have had little impact on how Police Forces deal with photographers – and reinforces a growing concern that the breakdown in trust and cooperation with the Police warned of in respect of demonstrations could soon transfer to photography too.

According to his blog, our over-tall photographer Alex Turner was taking snaps in Chatham High St last Thursday, when he was approached by two unidentified men. They did not identify themselves, but demanded that he show them some ID and warned that if he failed to comply, they would summon police officers to deal with him.

This they did, and a PCSO and WPC quickly joined the fray. Turner took a photo of the pair, and was promptly arrested. It is unclear from his own account precisely what he was being arrested for. However, he does record that the WPC stated she had felt threatened by him when he took her picture, referring to his size - 5' 11" and about 12 stone - and implying that she found it intimidating.

This is what happens when you have immature insecure people working as police. But as that is what they recruit these days to meet targets then this is the result.

Why do you want to join the police? Best answers:

1980: to nick villains and make my granny feel she can walk the streets safely.

2009: to work with other support agencies in undertsanding the needs and problems of my multicultural community.

1980 please.

However, he does record that the WPC stated she had felt threatened by him when he took her picture, referring to his size - 5' 11" and about 12 stone - and implying that she found it intimidating.

Oh dear. 6' 3" and 16 stone here.

"Mr. Moo, Hai am h'arrestin' you h'on suspicion h'of being Panzergruppe Guderian h'on it's way tue h'invade Russia."

This is what happens when you have immature insecure people working as police. But as that is what they recruit these days to meet targets then this is the result.

Why do you want to join the police? Best answers:

1980: to nick villains and make my granny feel she can walk the streets safely.

2009: to work with other support agencies in undertsanding the needs and problems of my multicultural community.

1980 please.

You also forget that in addition to the 2009 is ' to make my targets'.

A mate of mine works in the police and if you do not make your quota you get disciplined. This accounts for the stupid arrests that you see nowadays and the amount of time wasted on paperwork.

The height issue is down to the fact that most police are short a r s e s and would be intimidated by my granny.

The snapper should have arrested Miss Piggy back for wasting police time and then they could have had it out in Court.

Personally I find short people very threatening. And I'm not the only one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpXDftpebY

As if that wasn't enough history is strewn with very destructive short people.

Alexander the Great, Caesar, Attila the Hun, Bonaparte, Nelson and Bernard Montgomery to mention just the ones that spring to mind immediately.

What about the Vietnamese?

Those little b*st*rds are so hard they f*cked off Uncle Sam along with his agent Orange and a few years later they f*cked off the Chinese too.

It's the little ones that worry me.

Oh dear. 6' 3" and 16 stone here.

"Mr. Moo, Hai am h'arrestin' you h'on suspicion h'of being Panzergruppe Guderian h'on it's way tue h'invade Russia."

You're clearly high and should be arrested forthwith.