House Price Crash Forum

With millions of people around the world seething with anger at the banks and how they've f*cked the world economy, its time for a globally coordinated rock concert along the lines of Live Aid, Live8 or Live Earth. To have any chance of waking the sheeple from their slumber and encouraging action there's no better way than through music.

Globally televised concerts would be a fantastic opportunity for disemminating the facts the people need to know, featuring all the worlds biggest clued-up bands with heavy elements of sardonic wit and genuine anger.

Far from raising money for our impoverished banksters it would raise money for those most horribly affected by the crisis and also raising funds for a globally coordinated class action The People versus The Banks on a charges of professional negligence and economic plunder.

The charity aspect would make it difficult for the media to ignore. Sales of albums, t-shirts and so on would serve to put the issue firmly in the MSM for years after.

Guest KingCharles1st

I'd play!

and I would also PAY-

but Bono would get involved... and Michael Jackson would un-murder himself to get a chance to be there

And then there would be a celebrity 'giving', in which major celebrities, rock stars and members of the audience would spontaneously give their property portfolios to the poor...i can almost feel a tear welling up.

Edited by Stars

Guest happy?

Voice Over (and CAPTION:)

'THERE NOW FOLLOWS AN APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EXTREMELY RICH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM' Sir Pratt (at a large leather-topped desk with an elaborate table lamp) Hello. I'd like to talk to you tonight about a minority group of people who have no mental or physical handicaps and, who, through no fault of their own, have never been deprived, and consequently are forced to live in conditions of extreme luxury. This often ignored minority, is very rarely brought to the attention of the general public. The average man in the street scarcely gives a second thought to these extremely well-off people. He, quite simply, fails to appreciate the pressures vast quantities of money just do not bring. Have you at home, ever had to cope with this problem... (cut to a rich young yachting type surrounded by girls in bikinis) or this... (cut to a rich woman loading her chauffeur with all kinds of expensive parcels) or even this... (cut to a still of Centre Point) I know it's only human to say, 'Oh this will never happen to me', and of course, it won't. I'm asking you, please, please, send no contributions, however large, to me.

We see the last bit on a TV in Mrs What- a- long- name- this- is- hardly- worth- typing- but- never- mind- it- doesn't- come- up- again's living- room. Ding-dong of doorbell. A cupboard door opens, and the middle-aged man we saw in first scene comes out. He has no iguana on his shoulder.

Far from raising money for our impoverished banksters it would raise money for those most horribly affected by the crisis

That raises an interesting question. Who are the real victims? Some would say BTLers who have lost their pension portfolios. Some would say people who bought over priced hutches with lier loans and are now facing repossession and possible bird for fraud? I say i am! for being unable to buy a house for the crime of remembering the real value of money. I dare say i'd be the last one on any list for a hand out though, i simply don't bleat enough.

I'd play!

and I would also PAY-

but Bono would get involved... and Michael Jackson would un-murder himself to get a chance to be there

Doesn't Bono have his own hedge fund/pirate equity organisation?

http://www.elevation.com/

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

The concert's in-joke will be "You already gave, thankyou."

Special guest appearances by Brad Pitt (Tyler Durden) and Keanu Reeves (Neo).

Edited by Dave Spart

Is that not and edge fund?

Very Good - I guess the David Howell Evans fund don't sound meaningless, and just ain't funny.

Edited by gruffydd

A rock concert for the bankers you say?

MANIC STREET LEECHERS

BO FIDDLEY

AC/DCdos

STEELER

MOTLEY SCREWED

THE PRETENDERS

EARTH WIND AND FIREsale

BAD COMPANY

FLEECEDWOOD MAC

MEN (not) AT WORK

POISON

SYSTEM OF A DOWNturn

And if things get really bad the encore will be the FOOd FIGHTERS

I'll get me coat..........

Guest happy?
A rock concert for the bankers you say?

MANIC STREET LEECHERS

BO FIDDLEY

AC/DCdos

STEELER

MOTLEY SCREWED

THE PRETENDERS

EARTH WIND AND FIREsale

BAD COMPANY

FLEECEDWOOD MAC

MEN (not) AT WORK

POISON

SYSTEM OF A DOWNturn

And if things get really bad the encore will be the FOOd FIGHTERS

I'll get me coat..........

My avatar would be essential to the list:

Edited by happy?

Heard this Golden oldie this morning from Labi Siffre (taken from the anti-aparthite campaign era):

The higher you build your barriers

The taller I become

The farther you take my rights away

The faster I will run

You can deny me

You can decide to turn your face away

No matter, cos there's....

Something inside so strong

I know that I can make it

Tho' you're doing me wrong, so wrong

You thought that my pride was gone

Oh no, something inside so strong

Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear my voice

The louder I will sing

You hide behind walls of Jericho

Your lies will come tumbling

Deny my place in time

You squander wealth that's mine

My light will shine so brightly

It will blind you

Cos there's......

I know that I can make it

Brothers and sisters

When they insist we're just not good enough

When we know better

Just look 'em in the eyes and say

I'm gonna do it anyway

I'm gonna do it anyway

And I know that I can make it

Brothers and sisters

When they insist we're just good not enough

When we know better

Just look 'em in the eyes and say

I'm gonna do it anyway

I'm gonna do it anyway

I'm gonna do it anyway

I'm gonna do it anyway

Because there's something inside so strong

Tho' you're doing me, so wrong

Because there's something inside so strong

Tho' you're doing me, so wrong

Besides the bands here's some suggested guests:

Max Keiser

Bill Still

Gerald Celente

Karl Denniger

Mike Shedlock

Michael Moore

Meredith Whitney

Alex Jones

Peter Schiff

Nouriel Roubini

Nicolas Nassim Taleb

Matt Taibbi

Ron Paul

Vince Cable

Frank Field

Marc Faber

Stephen Roach

Steven Speilberg

Kevin Bacon

Glenn Beck

Bono

Bob Geldof

Lord Miners

Adam Curtis

Trey Parker

Matt Stone

With special guest stars Jacqui Smith and Baroness Uddin, singing the Dionne Warwick standard 'A House is Not a Home'

A better title for the concert would simply be "We, The People".

With so many people disillusioned by politics and angry with the banksters, they need a forum to unite, vent their anger and plan to take their own action.

The "We, The People" concerts would not just be a one off concert but potentially an ongoing series, not just focussing on a single issue like crooked bankers but in any issue We, The People want action on.

Its essential more than ever that everyone is reminded that we control how our countries and run and what goes on within them, we do, not polticians, bankers, media barons or any other vested interest. Our countries have been hijacked by these groups only because we have let them - through our own inaction. We have it within our own power to change things.

The more you abrogate your power to others the more power they assume over you. Its that simple folks.

Edited by Dave Spart

A better title for the concert would simply be "We, The People".

With so many people disillusioned by politics and angry with the banksters, they need a forum to unite, vent their anger and plan to take their own action.

The "We, The People" concerts would not just be a one off concert but potentially an ongoing series, not just focussing on a single issue like crooked bankers but in any issue We, The People want action on.

Its essential more than ever that everyone is reminded that we control how our countries and run and what goes on within them, we do, not polticians, bankers, media barons or any other vested interest. Our countries have been hijacked by these groups only because we have let them - through our own inaction. We have it within our own power to change things.

The more you abrogate your power to others the more power they assume over you. Its that simple folks.

That's a great name. I almost felt that it needed to happen, upon reading that.

Far too many vested interests in the music business and media; it would be a bandwagon for the 'right on' people to jump upon.

Nice idea, though.