House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ian Chesterton

Lro Sees Apollo Landing Sites

Guest anorthosite
How come the shadows for everything else face the other way?

369440main_lroc_apollo11_lrg.jpg

Do they? I can't see that they do.

The sun is to the left of the picture.

Do they? I can't see that they do.

The sun is to the left of the picture.

Aha, dumbo here was mistaking craters for hills. ;)

This is the sort of thing I have been waiting for as I have had doubts on the first landing, because of the lies and propaganda atmosphere of that period of the cold war.

If they can get better resolution on Apollo 11 I may cross that one off my conspiracy list.

Guest anorthosite
Why have we had to wait 40 years to see them?

They were only taken a few days ago. Its the first time a camera with the resolution to see them has been in orbit round the moon.

How do you know it not just suspended above a model? Come on you guys, you have had this conspiracy theory for donkeys years, it needs more than this to persuade you.

Deep down you know you still have your suspicions even if you won't admit it in public.

Guest anorthosite
How do you know it not just suspended above a model? Come on you guys, you have had this conspiracy theory for donkeys years, it needs more than this to persuade you.

Deep down you know you still have your suspicions even if you won't admit it in public.

I haven't had any doubts :)

I'm having great fun studying old maps and photos and picking out the different sites the samples were taken from on the new pictures (hey, its raining outside!).

I've never doubted the moon landings. There is no credible evidence to show that they were hoaxed and lots of evidence to show they weren't.

The link to the pictures was good - thanks.

Some consipracy people think the apollo gear was placed on the moon by robots. So these pictures won't prove anything to them.

Also, where is the lunar buggy ? Surely that's as big as the lunar lander when you see the pictures ?

Guest Skinty
Also, where is the lunar buggy ? Surely that's as big as the lunar lander when you see the pictures ?

Isn't it now parked on bricks with the wheels missing?

Guest anorthosite

LRVs can be seen on the attachment. The white arrows are the LM descent stages, the red circels are the LRVs

LRVs.png

post-7772-1247928757_thumb.png

Guest anorthosite
I would believe this if its was sent from Moscow.

From the link:

Goddard built and manages LRO, a NASA mission with international participation from the Institute for Space Research in Moscow. Russia provided the neutron detector aboard the spacecraft.

smashing thread - it's given me clear guidance on putting 4 people (moon landing denial) on 'ignore' owing to unreliable logic

They were only taken a few days ago. Its the first time a camera with the resolution to see them has been in orbit round the moon.

Sorry, I miss worded that. I meant to ask, why has it taken 40 years for such images to be taken? I'd have thought we'd have telescopes on earth that were more than powerful enough to see the landing sites, or were the landings on a part of the moon that aren't in alignment with any such telescopes?

(I'm not doubting they are real by the way)