House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny Deflation

Going To Vote Tory? Tell Us Why.

I won't be voting Labour, but I'm don't want to vote Tory too.

So, please, if you intend voting conservative at the next election, why?

Other than "so that Labour don't get in" I cannot see many cogent reasons for voting Cameron.

Guest AuntJess

I like his team: Willy Hague, David Davis, Daniel Hannan. I know he is a bit of a posh git and TB lookalike, but I think he is a tad more genuine than Tony and has some principles.

Gorgo has none, IMO, just a hunger to be PM, no matter the cost to this country.

Other than "so that Labour don't get in" I cannot see many cogent reasons for voting Cameron.

Getting rid of ID cards and the national database is most definitely an attractive policy. The noises they are making about less state intrusion into our lives is another reason. A lgood balance of Yes and No regarding Europe could be another one. This doesn't mean I am a Tory voter BTW. But if you go on direct policies then these are attractive.

Getting rid of ID cards and the national database is most definitely an attractive policy. The noises they are making about less state intrusion into our lives is another reason. A lgood balance of Yes and No regarding Europe could be another one. This doesn't mean I am a Tory voter BTW. But if you go on direct policies then these are attractive.

The one thing that would prevent me voting Tory is the proposed £1million inheritance tax.Although my son would benefit from this (by about £100k) I don't think it is fair.People with net worth of a million are still wealthy compared to the majority. I would far rather see the money spent on raising the disposable income of those on minimum wage.Personally I would vote for a party that put everyone on a DNA database.Scumbags are getting away (literally) with murder.In the 1930's I would have feared a government that did anything like that but today in Western Europe only the TFH's have something to fear.

I like his team: Willy Hague, David Davis, Daniel Hannan.

I have a lot of time for William Hague, the Tories choice of oily Dave style over spam head Willy's substance was a big mistake imo and evidence of the PR virus having pretty deeply infected the Conservatives too.

Dave will knife David Davis in the back at the first opportunity once they get power imo; David Davis' love of financial deregulation (and his lavish praise of the Icelandic economic miracle pre melt down :lol: ) make me question his judgement tbh.

Still. at least we'll get Kirsty Allsop's expertise as a housing advisor.

woo hoo!

Guest joeschmo

woo hoo!

Yes the rummour machine has it that one of Daves first appointments will be Lady Allsop as Housing Minister sitting in the Lords as a reward for all the work that she is doing for the Party. That will keep all the Tory HPC's happy :D

I like his team: Willy Hague, David Davis, Daniel Hannan.

Pity only one of the above mentioned is actually in the Shadow Cabinet.

Pity only one of the above mentioned is actually in the Shadow Cabinet.

So they have strength in depth whilst Nu Liars have to dredge up past has beens, Kinnock FFS - to make up the numbers.

Guest joeschmo
And in response:

What I really like about this one is how it shows him to be both a hypocrite and incompetent, using only his own words. Spin you way out of this one Ballsy.

Quite clever and funny. Only difference this is a selection of clips put together to form a little movie whereas Piggy's is direct footage from Question Time. Piggy manages to dig himself a hole without any help from a film editor and he is Chairman of the Party FFS!!!!!

And we can all find 100's of funny sketches on You tube

The one thing that would prevent me voting Tory is the proposed £1million inheritance tax.Although my son would benefit from this (by about £100k) I don't think it is fair.People with net worth of a million are still wealthy compared to the majority. I would far rather see the money spent on raising the disposable income of those on minimum wage.Personally I would vote for a party that put everyone on a DNA database.Scumbags are getting away (literally) with murder.In the 1930's I would have feared a government that did anything like that but today in Western Europe only the TFH's have something to fear.

With regards to inheritance tax in your case couldn't you just leave your son something that you consider fair according to your personal values? You would have choice then. It's the state mandating what people can and can't do in regards to their families that I find abhorrent. The state ranks far below my family in my scheme of values.

Guest anorthosite
Quite clever and funny. Only difference this is a selection of clips put together to form a little movie whereas Piggy's is direct footage from Question Time. Piggy manages to dig himself a hole without any help from a film editor and he is Chairman of the Party FFS!!!!!

And we can all find 100's of funny sketches on You tube

"Piggy" only dug a hole for himself. Your beloved fat controller has dug a hole for the whole country, and your spineless and pathetic party haven't had the strength to take the shovel from him.

Tory voter here for thw following reason...

Labour have done nothing for me personally, and aren't promising to do anything for either. They are expensive. I won't even mention the economy... Is that a selfish point of view? No more so than that of a recipient of Labour's largesse continuing to vote Labour.

The Tories probably won't do anything for me either, and they'll probably make plenty of ****-ups to boot. They will, however, be noticeably cheaper than Labour.

If the only choices are a £5 shit pizza and a £10 shit pizza, I'll take the £5 one every time.

Oh yeah, the Libdems. Until they drop the demands for PR they won't even enter my thinking.

Labour have done nothing for me personally, and aren't promising to do anything for either. They are expensive. I won't even mention the economy... Is that a selfish point of view? No more so than that of a recipient of Labour's largesse continuing to vote Labour.

The Tories probably won't do anything for me either, and they'll probably make plenty of ****-ups to boot. They will, however, be noticeably cheaper than Labour.

If the only choices are a £5 shit pizza and a £10 shit pizza, I'll take the £5 one every time.

Oh yeah, the Libdems. Until they drop the demands for PR they won't even enter my thinking.

I find it quite hard to compare,simply because when one party is in power the other isn't and they obviously are not going to admit that they would have made the same mistakes.If I believed the Tories would do something about the PC society and the serried ranks of council jobsworths I might be inclined to support them,but I don't believe that they will.

As regards bankers creaming it off well I think it highly unlikely that they would turn on their natural constituency,in the case of Cameron family even.That doesn't mean I like what Brown has done.He is an unattractive individual.Whether he is more or less so than Cameron with his poncy Eton nobs is a hard one to work out.

So,as I said earlier in this post it is going to come down to the candidates.The Labour one has a track record of honesty and hard work,the Tory one has no track record and the LD doesn't know his **** from a hole in the ground.By default almost I will vote Labour.I could imagine however in different circumstances with the right candidate I might....but then there is that photo of Cameron and the Eton boys.

Guest AuntJess
I used to rate Davis not any more.

I must have missed the bit where Davis has blotted his copy book. :( None of them are perfect, TBH, but after Gorgo ANYone will do, frankly. :blink:

Guest AuntJess
I have a lot of time for William Hague, the Tories choice of oily Dave style over spam head Willy's substance was a big mistake imo and evidence of the PR virus having pretty deeply infected the Conservatives too.

Dave will knife David Davis in the back at the first opportunity once they get power imo; David Davis' love of financial deregulation (and his lavish praise of the Icelandic economic miracle pre melt down :lol: ) make me question his judgement tbh.

woo hoo!

I am not that sure we will. It depends on how much damage 'Dave' thinks she has done to her super-cool image with the housing meltdown. HE will have no scruples about showing her the door, should she show herself to be a Jonah.

I am not that sure we will. It depends on how much damage 'Dave' thinks she has done to her super-cool image with the housing meltdown. HE will have no scruples about showing her the door, should she show herself to be a Jonah.

Then that will make his initial choice even more bewildering and pointless; pretty revealing imo.

So who are you voting for and why then please?

I don't know.

I do know, however, that I won't be voting Labour. I might vote Tory, but I have yet to be convinced by Cameron and his cronies - and I do not trust George Osborne. Some Tories, like William Hague, I quite like.

I may vote for a minor party. For my sins I voted UKIP in the European elections, but I cannot see much point in voting UKIP in a general election. I may vote on a micro, not macro, scale: that is, study the local candidates and vote for the one that I feel would best look after his or her constituents.

Gawd help me, but I think it might be SNP!

They haven't delivered on most of their promises (blaming the lack of a majority vote), but they have frozen the council tax and moved towards free prescriptions, so at least they are making SOME progress.

Couldn't bring myself to vote tory after the devastation they wreaked in Scotland during the 80's.

Guest X-QUORK

+1

I've already decided that my primary aim is to see the back of NuLab, so I'll be voting tactically to that end. Politically, I'm probably closest to the Greens or Lib Dems, but I'll vote for the Tories if it means the end of NuLab.

Keep the £5, don't have a pizza at all?

Gawd help me, but I think it might be SNP!

They haven't delivered on most of their promises (blaming the lack of a majority vote), but they have frozen the council tax and moved towards free prescriptions, so at least they are making SOME progress.

Couldn't bring myself to vote tory after the devastation they wreaked in Scotland during the 80's.

Yes indeedy