House Price Crash Forum

Inventory For Rental Property

d2thdr

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
I am leaving my rental premise, my landlady tells me I have to pay for the outgoing inventory. WTF! This is news to me.

Anyone can illuminate me?

It would be unusual for a vacating tenant to pay for an outgoing inventory - whatever that is.

Usually at the end of a tenancy, there is a check-out procedure whereby the property condition gets checked against the inventory that was given to you at the beginning of the tenancy. Perhaps this is what your landlady means?

Personally, I wouldn't pay, but do check your tenancy agreement.

Regards,

Ged

HOLA444

If you have to pay the checkout, it should be mentioned in your contract.

Obviusly the tenant ends up paying for it somehow, in my case I don't pay a fee, but the LL no-doubt pays for it out of the rent, otherwise they wouldn't make a profit.

If it isn't written into your contract, then they simply cannot charge you for it.

HOLA445

Sorry for the delay in replying. I checked the contract and it says the following;

Moving out: The Check Out

As part of the tenancy Deposit Scheme, the landlord will pay for the comprehensive independant inventory/schedule of condition prepared for the property. The tenant is required to pay upto £50 ( per property) for professional checkout by inventory clerk and subsequent report being prepared. This charge is not payable until the end of the tenancy, can be paid from the deposit and is non- negotiable.

WTF? :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448