House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crash2006

Jacqui Smith: I'd Never Run A Thing Before The Home Office

Wow. Honesty from a politician. I was rubbish at my job.

Nothing we all didn't know already, but surprising to hear her admit it...

then again, a model who has nothing more than a pretty face is thought to add more in value to a sales campaign than the product itself, because people like the model.

same with politicians, they are just self serving adornments to real action.

Guest KingCharles1st
then again, a model who has nothing more than a pretty face is thought to add more in value to a sales campaign than the product itself, because people like the model.

Jaqui Smith= Adornment... :unsure:

:lol:

Jacqui Smith: I'd never run a thing before the Home Office

Political correctness in action. Im not saying there were men who were better in their party, but if you put someone in a position for reasons of gender or race, you get a fiasco.

She was briefly an economics teacher at Worcester Sixth form college ... apparently.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach and those who can't teach - what? Become home secretary?

And Fred Goodwin run a major bank - by the same token, he needs to be made PM? Or maybe made a head of IMF?World Bank?

no point saying anything.

Maybe her incompetence and petty greed saved Britain from bigger waste of taxpayers money (cue ID cards etc)? Austere fanatic in the Home Office would be more dangerous.

Shame she was a munter as well then.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200108/Jacqui-Smith-admits-wasnt-Home-Secretary.html#ixzz0LTdgJbMF

Interestingly, this shows what's so awful about New Labour and it's not that Jackboot Smith doesn't know how to manage a department of state. The old way of running departments, which worked for centuries, was that the minister set the policy (remember the Paxman interview with 'Old Something Of the Night' Howard?) and the civil servant in charge, who had training and experience in running a big operation, made it happen. It was done that way to provide continuity of management and, also, because we elect people to represent us, not manage us. The last Tory government started down the combined lines of centralisation and emasculation of the civil service and New Labour finished the job. It's ludicrous to assume that anyone, no matter how experienced and talented a manager they may be, can come it and do anything useful to the structure of a huge organization in the usual 1 to 2 years that a minister gets. It's another example of New Labour's total lack of respect or interest in our traditions of government and liberty.

Shame she was a munter as well then.

I thought she had a certain "je ne sais quoi" and well as a certain "je ne connais pas"

She's up for reelection soon. People won't hate her so much if they feel sorry for her. Good move Jack.

THe home office/ministery of justice is in an appalling state.

I was dismissed (injured on duty), after 21 yrs and a damn good record of service ( cost cutting). After corrective surgery, I now have a part time job in a mental health, secure unit . I was called in to see the big boss ( he who breathes fire), and told the current situation of the department I used to work in.

'In complete meltdown, contracts flying around everywhere, what job do you want?'

Even more surprising ' name your price'.

I didnt even think about it, ' no thanks'. They created the mess, let them sort it out. Sheer madness and now we can understand why. Some of these people could not run a jumble sale.

http://www.sunlight-cops.org.uk/2009/07/15...e-jacqui-smith/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...0LJJqPGHL&D

A Whitehall whistleblower is to launch a private prosecution against Jacqui Smith, accusing her of expenses fraud.

Miss Smith, who resigned as Home Secretary last month, racked up a £116,000 allowance on her family house in Redditch, while claiming her main residence as her sister's spare bedroom in London

and her solution ?

a massive wage increase and do away with expenses !

for what , a total incompetent ,in, way above their abilities

how the hell will that give us better vfm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200108/Jacqui-Smith-admits-wasnt-Home-Secretary.html#ixzz0LTdgJbMF

I use this phrase:

sh1t at the top, sh1t almost all the way down.

It seems to work rather well when applied to almost all UK businesses & government departments.

At least Estelle Morris had the good grace to admit that she found it difficult while she was in office. Smith obviously thought she was a pistol and I am sure that, had it not been for the expenses scandal, she would still be smirking in office. Now she's been found out, it is, of course, everyone else's fault but hers.

At least Estelle Morris had the good grace to admit that she found it difficult while she was in office. Smith obviously thought she was a pistol and I am sure that, had it not been for the expenses scandal, she would still be smirking in office. Now she's been found out, it is, of course, everyone else's fault but hers.

She's just vile. Always an arrogant pig when things were going her way. When she got rumbled the facial expressions and tone of voice changed. Don't be too hard on her - she's only a chick with a dick.

it was bloody obvious you hadn't love!!

Still,here's a suggestion for your future career once you get thrown on the dole.

maybe you can gain some useful experience holding anne summers parties.

you know......start small and learn the ropes(bondage pun completely unintended)

Smith's remarks about MPs requiring 'induction' before becoming Ministers is toe-curlingly cringeworthy. You're either up to it (and up for it), or you're not. She was not and it speaks to the paucity of talent in Labour ranks that she was ever considered for Home Secretary.

Question: Was she selected as a parliamentary candidate from one of those all-woman shortlists? If so, then it's no surprise really. How can you expect someone to be good at a political job when she never really had the fire in her belly in the first place?

Over-promoted and now (thankfully) just plain 'Over'.

it was bloody obvious you hadn't love!!

Still,here's a suggestion for your future career once you get thrown on the dole.

maybe you can gain some useful experience holding anne summers parties.

you know......start small and learn the ropes(bondage pun completely unintended)

As my sig has been saying for a few months now.

Theres a bird works down the chip shop swears shes the former home secretary....

Doesnt quite trip of the tongue does it??

So which total fvcking idiot gave her the job??!! FFS

She also suggested that any successes she had in her post were down to 'luck' rather than skill.

And this fool wants re-electing??!! She might as well be replaced with a fracking lucky 8 ball.

I think there should be more emphasis given to supporting ministers more generally in terms of developing the skills needed to lead big departments.

Shouldn't those skills be more or less already there before they take/get the bloody job?

Asked whether she sometimes thought 'why bother'

Yeah, why fvcking bother, who cares, fvck you all. Actually who cares what she thinks or says anymore. She is no more qualified to be in her position than anyone on this forum.

So we know why this country is not so great, with fools who employ fools, nobody really knows what they are doing, and they don't care.

So how many of the rest of them have no idea how to do their job? Is there any info available on this?

I have always assumed that these people were qualified to do what they do.