House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Does Anybody Buy This Swine Flu Bvllshit

What the hell man? Swine fvcking flu is going to tank the GDP???!!!!

This is pure smoke and mirrors! Why is the MSM trying to put the nation into a state of paranoid panic?

What about reporting the economy is failing due to all the banker/poltico collusion!

How about the lucky few are going to become UBER rich by manufacturing this boll0x cure for a non-disease?

What about the growing ranks of very poor, indebted citizens?

Pure garbage from CH4.

They should be ashamed.

What the hell man? Swine fvcking flu is going to tank the GDP???!!!!

This is pure smoke and mirrors! Why is the MSM trying to put the nation into a state of paranoid panic?

What about reporting the economy is failing due to all the banker/poltico collusion!

How about the lucky few are going to become UBER rich by manufacturing this boll0x cure for a non-disease?

What about the growing ranks of very poor, indebted citizens?

Pure garbage from CH4.

They should be ashamed.

What are you on about? This virus is infecting dramatically more people than regular flu meaning a large proportion of the workforce ~10% will be off sick. How can an economy lose 10% of its workforce and not be affected?

Cashinmattress, I think you need some new batteries for your brain, pal!

Nobody has died from the recession but there have been 29 swine flu related deaths in UK now.

Didn't they say that, due to swine flu, economic recovery will be delayed by two years? It's nice of Labour to provide, in advance, excuses for the next government.

What are you on about? This virus is infecting dramatically more people than regular flu meaning a large proportion of the workforce ~10% will be off sick. How can an economy lose 10% of its workforce and not be affected?

The 10% who get it might be the 10% who've already been made unemployed.

We should see some dead politicians if it's as bad as they say.

It's swine flu, whcih is as lethal as flu, but has swine in front of it.

29 people with other respitaory illnesses, advanced old age or have been run over by a bus just before catching it have died.

Dr Oliver Pybus, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Oxford, said: "Predicting how the virus will mutate is rather like trying to predict the weather in several months' time - virtually impossible.

"The mutation rate of the flu virus is a million times faster than in animals, so it can change very quickly. London will have already developed its own strain of swine flu, even though at the moment it may not act any differently from the rest of the UK strains.

“However, the worry is that it could change, or that should a new, more dangerous version appear anywhere in the world, it will hit London first because of the number of travellers passing through.â€

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...warn/article.do

Swine flu virus has mutated in London, scientists warn

London has already developed its own mutated strain of swine flu, scientists warned today.

It's swine flu, whcih is as lethal as flu, but has swine in front of it.

29 people with other respitaory illnesses, advanced old age or have been run over by a bus just before catching it have died.

You don't think it's a crock of sh1t to cover up an economic depression do you? Nah, couldn't be.

Dr Oliver Pybus, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Oxford, said: "Predicting how the virus will mutate is rather like trying to predict the weather in several months' time - virtually impossible.

"The mutation rate of the flu virus is a million times faster than in animals, so it can change very quickly. London will have already developed its own strain of swine flu, even though at the moment it may not act any differently from the rest of the UK strains.

“However, the worry is that it could change, or that should a new, more dangerous version appear anywhere in the world, it will hit London first because of the number of travellers passing through.â€

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...warn/article.do

Swine flu virus has mutated in London, scientists warn

London has already developed its own mutated strain of swine flu, scientists warned today.

Ah, but there are some really, really clever people who can tell you what the weather will be like in 50 years time. We're all going to be burnt to a crisp and drown.

The 10% who get it might be the 10% who've already been made unemployed.

Nah, they can stay at home and watch day time TV. I have my father staying with me who is undergoing chemo, obviously, I do have concerns especially as I work in a mental health hospital. I had a chat with Dad's consultant who told me there is no protocol as yet for patients who's immunity are affected by chemo!

You don't think it's a crock of sh1t to cover up an economic depression do you? Nah, couldn't be.

I am realy pi**ed off that I actually think the same way. I have formed the view a depression of mammoth scale is inevitable and they have know this since the early 2000's, the eye of the storm feeling atm the moment is very disconcerting and the arrival of Swine flu is just too good an opportunity/device to allow economic unrest to be contained by strict quarantine rules.

I hate the fact I think this way but we live in a complex society and I can believe there are decision to be made at the higher level about the greater good.

Cancer kills around 150,000 people each year.

Smoking kills around 120,000 people each year.

Pneumonia kills around 15,000 people each year.

Alcohol kills around 9,000 people each year.

Cars kill around 3,500 people each year.

Asthma kills around 1,500 people each year.

Murders kill around 1,200 people each year.

Common flu kills around 400 people each year.

Swine flu deaths...29.

Meh!

I am realy pi**ed off that I actually think the same way. I have formed the view a depression of mammoth scale is inevitable and they have know this since the early 2000's, the eye of the storm feeling atm the moment is very disconcerting and the arrival of Swine flu is just too good an opportunity/device to allow economic unrest to be contained by strict quarantine rules.

I hate the fact I think this way but we live in a complex society and I can believe there are decision to be made at the higher level about the greater good.

I think it's a sensible move. People may act a little more civilised in a depression if they think it's caused by something 'unseen'. People will go ape sh1t if they knew it was caused by a government under instruction from their banking masters.

Didn't they say that, due to swine flu, economic recovery will be delayed by two years? It's nice of Labour to provide, in advance, excuses for the next government.

This is the spin, and it will be the excuse if we end up in depression.

Cancer kills around 150,000 people each year.

Smoking kills around 120,000 people each year.

Pneumonia kills around 15,000 people each year.

Alcohol kills around 9,000 people each year.

Cars kill around 3,500 people each year.

Asthma kills around 1,500 people each year.

Murders kill around 1,200 people each year.

Common flu kills around 400 people each year.

Swine flu deaths...29.

Meh!

I don't know if this is right but, I read somewhere that more people are killed in DIY accidents every Easter than were in the 7/7 attacks. War On Decking, anyone?

I don't know if this is right but, I read somewhere that more people are killed in DIY accidents every Easter than were in the 7/7 attacks. War On Decking, anyone?

Good plan, most decking looks cheap.

Swine flu deaths...29.

Meh!

29 so far. If you believe the doom mongers then:

Predicted infection rate=33%. Predicted fatality rate=0.5%. Population=60 million.

Total infections=33% of 60 million=20 million.

Total fatalities=100,000.

Economically, the effects could be fairly bad. A third of people taking a week or two extra on the sick and the majority of those deaths will be amongst the most economically active age groups.

I can't see it happening myself. Myself and all my friends, colleagues and family escaped both bird flu and SARS. The only logical conclusion is that I make people immortal.

29 so far. If you believe the doom mongers then:

Predicted infection rate=33%. Predicted fatality rate=0.5%. Population=60 million.

Total infections=33% of 60 million=20 million.

Total fatalities=1 million.

One problem.

the 0.5% figure that keeps getting thrown around is for people infected seriously enough to warrant testing for confirmation of swine flu who then go on to die.

The overwhelming majority of people who contract the virus will not have blood work done, will not be classed as a confirmed case and will not be taken into account.

The mortality rate of 0.5% is only for those that get really ill the number of people who will contract the virus but NOT get seriously ill is anywhere from 12 to 300 times greater.

Adjust your panic level accordingly ;)