House Price Crash Forum
Godley

Getting Off The Train

Our story, sold two houses one in March 2008 second in August 2008, peak price on March house 5% below peak on the August sale.

Today we exchanged contracts on a 4 bed barn conversion (2200 sqft) 1/3rd of an acre size plot in Cheshire near excellent school. I was hoping to get the adjacent field but cannot agree terms.

Anyhow, we will cease renting on the 18th of August having made a few quid out of this house buying, selling and renting malarky. Why go now? Well for me it's inflation you need to worry about (interesting though how many deflation threads there have been today). Interest rates are at an all time low so if you need to leverage to buy now is a good a time as any imho so long as you get a decent price reduction.

Also, we had had enough of renting, kids, wanting our 'own' home the usual emotional stuff and were fed up with landlord.

So, we have now got off the train and back onto the 'ladder'.

Don't get me wrong, the housing market has further to correct I agree with most of the analysis and to those of you have taken steps to protect yourselves and wish to hang on then good luck to you.

Our story, sold two houses one in March 2008 second in August 2008, peak price on March house 5% below peak on the August sale. Today we exchanged contracts on a 4 bed barn conversion (2200 sqft) 1/3rd of an acre size plot in Cheshire near excellent school. I was hoping to get the adjacent field but cannot agree terms. Anyhow, we will cease renting on the 18th of August having made a few quid out of this house buying, selling and renting malarky. Why go now? Well for me it's inflation you need to worry about (interesting though how many deflation threads there have been today). Interest rates are at an all time low so if you need to leverage to buy now is a good a time as any imho so long as you get a decent price reduction. Also, we had had enough of renting, kids, wanting our 'own' home the usual emotional stuff and were fed up with landlord. So, we have now got off the train and back onto the 'ladder'. Don't get me wrong, the housing market has further to correct I agree with most of the analysis and to those of you have taken steps to protect yourselves and wish to hang on then good luck to you.

Well done, best of luck.

Good luck mate, where in Cheshire, how much now, what was the peak price, oh yeh, what colour undies you wearing? ;)

Prefer not to say how much, will leave it with you to put a valuation on it.

Holmes Chapel area.

Nice story but just a little disappointed there wasn't any real trains in it.

I agree, but thank heavens HPC is no longer a good platform for those who wish to derail threads

I agree, but thank heavens HPC is no longer a good platform for those who wish to derail threads

Clearly this thread is now hitting the buffers

Nice story but just a little disappointed there wasn't any real trains in it.

I was looking for a train related story.

The puns do not make up for the disappointment.

All the best, I'm going to hang on in there for another year, maybe more, but I did come very close to buying a few months back, because if it's the right place at the right time for you personally, then that's the time to do it!